Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,919
# 31
11-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Sorry, no poles for Orion dancing girls. Everyone knows Orion is plagues by vicious pole beasts! Orions break down crying anytime they see a pole. How insensitive of you to even suggest that!

And you call yourself a Trekkie. . .

:::slowly shakes taco:::
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy



Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,032
# 32
11-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Sorry, no poles for Orion dancing girls. Everyone knows Orion is plagues by vicious pole beasts! Orions break down crying anytime they see a pole. How insensitive of you to even suggest that!

And you call yourself a Trekkie. . .

:::slowly shakes taco:::
Edit: I totaly thought something different when pole entered the conversation.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Registered: Oct/2009 , LTS : Feb/2011
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,095
# 33
11-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Edit: I totaly thought something different when pole entered the conversation.
Odd .... I can honestly say the same.

Spicy tacos maybe.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 34
11-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Us Fed's aren't all stuffed shirt, holier than thou, types... would have loved to see some dancing girls in the bar area.

Sigh...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 309
# 35
11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
Us Fed's aren't all stuffed shirt, holier than thou, types... would have loved to see some dancing girls in the bar area.

Sigh...
Exactly. They get dancing girls we get latinum traders. Maby they can make it up to us by giving us a swimming pool in the Holodeck with Orion sunbathers.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
# 36 still needs work
11-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Anything bringing more life to our starbases is welcome.
I don't know about anyone else but i think i joined my fleet to late. While there is somethings that are useful, there realy isn't anything I feel I helped with. But my fleet starbase still sucks. Its dark and baron. I would love to join a fleet that is just starting, but it seems i hopped on the game a little late. I contribute pretty often but feel I made no impact for me in rank or the fleet its self. I see no hope of gaining rank in my fleet. any tips?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 48
# 37
11-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastedfoxx View Post
I don't know about anyone else but i think i joined my fleet to late. While there is somethings that are useful, there realy isn't anything I feel I helped with. But my fleet starbase still sucks. Its dark and baron. I would love to join a fleet that is just starting, but it seems i hopped on the game a little late. I contribute pretty often but feel I made no impact for me in rank or the fleet its self. I see no hope of gaining rank in my fleet. any tips?
So, I don't really know how your current fleet is, but I am a Fleet Admiral ("leader" rank) in my fleet. We have around 150 members give or take with probably 40 or so active (this seems pretty typical in a mid-sized fleet). In my fleet, I don't really pay attention to whether someone has been in the fleet for a long time. If you're offline for months (and you didn't let me know) and you're in the top couple ranks you get demoted. If you play, are active (most importantly active in chat -- your physical contribution to me is less relevant) then you will rise up in rank. I promote people I like and who are liked by other members. Pure contribution does get rewarded, but the top ranks are not given purely based on that.

So, my advice to you is get to know your fleet mates, do missions with them - let them help you, if you have new members, run epis with them, etc -- be active so your fleet mates know who you are. That, and contribute as best you can to the Holdings. Not everyone has deep pockets, so you can't expect everyone to have 1m Fleet Credits on the leaderboard, but a fleet leader CAN and SHOULD expect members to be active -- that means make your presence known and liked by your fellow members, participate in events (if you have them), suggest STF runs (and do them when suggested), etc.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,714
# 38
11-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Sorry, no poles for Orion dancing girls. Everyone knows Orion is plagues by vicious pole beasts! Orions break down crying anytime they see a pole. How insensitive of you to even suggest that!

And you call yourself a Trekkie. . .

:::slowly shakes taco:::
Scantily clad women plagued by vicious pole beasts? That sounds like this cartoon I saw once on the internet...
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 309
# 39
11-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Someone call Tony Stark!

If that guy can put a pole in a plane, no doubt he can put one in a Starbase!

He's Iron Man!
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 40
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
They still have a big area across from the bar for a stage, band or something, its all lit up and waiting for our 200k. Who knows what will go there.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:48 PM.