Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 41
11-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Its the same bs story all over again, the nerf something, they buff something to OPness.

15 second immunity, really? 1% proc chance, doubled? lets stack 3 snb doffs. LOL

Sad to say, but since 3 BFI doffs is no longer worth it, let alone 1, Everyone will be stacking 3 SNB doffs now and you can bet that 95% of the time nobody is running ANY buff anymore. What use do any of your abilities still have in PvP?

Its time for shuttlewars!
Captain
# 42
11-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
The Shield Heal applied by the Shield Distribution Officer, known as the Brace for Impact Duty Officer, has been reworked:

It no longer has a heal-over-time component, but is comprised of a single lump-sum heal.
It is no longer dependent upon Auxiliary Power and Flow Capacitors, but now receives a benefit from Shield Emitters.
It can now only be activated a single time within any 15-second period, per officer of this type equipped.
WOW, no wonder my shield heal seems gimped. Anyone know if the emitter amp boosts the heal amount ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lieutenant
# 43
11-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
That said, I doubt my one SNB doff is going to be all that game breaking as you make it out to be.
That's the point. When SNB doffs were 100m a piece, there were only a few people running them. They weren't too much of a problem because the price made them relatively rare. Basically premade tacs would take em. Not a biggie.

Then they became stupidly cheap. And, unlike your fleet, serious pvp fleets tried full loadouts of SNB doffs. It was completely ridiculous. Simply by loading out the SNB doffs and changing nothing else we could easily proc a subnuke every 10 seconds. We saw it in actual premade matches. It matched the results from running the proc %'s by hand on paper. It also matched the video empirical evidence that everyone wanted that Pax and the Turk RP fleet so kindly did.

We don't have to wonder. We don't have to doubt. The evidence, in theory, empirically, and actual practice is in. While other fleets diddled themselves premades like Critz, Pandas, Turks, and TSI did the work to figure it out. And we all decided that they completely broke the game, and were completely unfun. And EVERYONE agreed that they were terrible, that's how stupidly gamebreaking they are. How often do all the main pvp fleets agree on anything??

Now they have doubled the proc chance. The only way you can not realize how this is a problem is simply by virtue of never actually using/testing/done the math. 1 wouldn't be terribly game breaking. 3 on every ship is.

Just make sure you list what fleet you are in. When all of your fleeties are crying how they got mauled over and over again in under 7 seconds of taking fire maybe you will stop doubting and see what everyone else already knows.

Nixus

PS- Bort plz make these strip only 2 buffs. Even at 2 buffs it's OP but at least that will help mitigate the problem. And 30 seconds to 1 minute immunity is much much more appropriate. Either that or can I have a doff that procs extend shields every 7.5 seconds?
Nixus
Captain
# 44
11-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyphoid7 View Post
That's the point. When SNB doffs were 100m a piece, there were only a few people running them. They weren't too much of a problem because the price made them relatively rare. Basically premade tacs would take em. Not a biggie.

Then they became stupidly cheap. And, unlike your fleet, serious pvp fleets tried full loadouts of SNB doffs. It was completely ridiculous. Simply by loading out the SNB doffs and changing nothing else we could easily proc a subnuke every 10 seconds. We saw it in actual premade matches. It matched the results from running the proc %'s by hand on paper. It also matched the video empirical evidence that everyone wanted that Pax and the Turk RP fleet so kindly did.

We don't have to wonder. We don't have to doubt. The evidence, in theory, empirically, and actual practice is in. While other fleets diddled themselves premades like Critz, Pandas, Turks, and TSI did the work to figure it out. And we all decided that they completely broke the game, and were completely unfun. And EVERYONE agreed that they were terrible, that's how stupidly gamebreaking they are. How often do all the main pvp fleets agree on anything??

Now they have doubled the proc chance. The only way you can not realize how this is a problem is simply by virtue of never actually using/testing/done the math. 1 wouldn't be terribly game breaking. 3 on every ship is.

Just make sure you list what fleet you are in. When all of your fleeties are crying how they got mauled over and over again in under 7 seconds of taking fire maybe you will stop doubting and see what everyone else already knows.

Nixus

PS- Bort plz make these strip only 2 buffs. Even at 2 buffs it's OP but at least that will help mitigate the problem. And 30 seconds to 1 minute immunity is much much more appropriate. Either that or can I have a doff that procs extend shields every 7.5 seconds?
So, punish the entire fleet for something that only two people have? Found out the 3rd person didn't equip theirs yet.

And sorry, we don't cry about losing. We move on. Always did, always will. For instance, we got completely crushed by Critz a month ago or so in a pre-made PUG. Did we complain about it? Nope. Just complemented on how awesome you guys were.

In any case, where is the new video that shows that this is still procing like crazy after the change? I want to see the evidence that, post change, the proc is happening every 15 seconds.
Commander
# 45
11-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
Its the same bs story all over again, the nerf something, they buff something to OPness.

15 second immunity, really? 1% proc chance, doubled? lets stack 3 snb doffs. LOL

Sad to say, but since 3 BFI doffs is no longer worth it, let alone 1, Everyone will be stacking 3 SNB doffs now and you can bet that 95% of the time nobody is running ANY buff anymore. What use do any of your abilities still have in PvP?

Its time for shuttlewars!
Please don't use SN Doffs.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes

Last edited by paxottoman; 11-02-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Commander
# 46
11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
So, punish the entire fleet for something that only two people have? Found out the 3rd person didn't equip theirs yet.

And sorry, we don't cry about losing. We move on. Always did, always will. For instance, we got completely crushed by Critz a month ago or so in a pre-made PUG. Did we complain about it? Nope. Just complemented on how awesome you guys were.

In any case, where is the new video that shows that this is still procing like crazy after the change? I want to see the evidence that, post change, the proc is happening every 15 seconds.
This is the video our guys put together at TRH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujcqHf1saXc&feature=plcp

This is pre patch. And here are the findings

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...nuke+doff+test

Captain
# 47
11-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I don't see how this fixes anything with the subnuc doffs. It seems they are now more OP than ever. What on earth were they thinking to double the proc chance? It's almost unbelievable that the devs actually think this is somehow a "fix."
Captain
# 48
11-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
This is the video our guys put together at TRH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujcqHf1saXc&feature=plcp

This is pre patch. And here are the findings

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...nuke+doff+test

I've seen the pre-patch. Can you rerun this test post-patch?
Career Officer
# 49
11-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
I don't see how this fixes anything with the subnuc doffs. It seems they are now more OP than ever. What on earth were they thinking to double the proc chance? It's almost unbelievable that the devs actually think this is somehow a "fix."
I guess they figured the 15 second immunity warranted a proc increase.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 50
11-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I've seen the pre-patch. Can you rerun this test post-patch?
Why? The proc was increased. It will proc even more now. Only the target now gets a pathetic 15 second immunity.

The video is an accurate example of what will happen if enough people slot those doffs.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.