Captain
Dear Fellow PvP Players:

I am thrilled to share that Brandon has contacted me expressing great interest in helping Boot Camp develop. Brandon and I are in agreement that this should be a community-wide project and involve as many people as want to participate.

For my part, I am currently putting together a semi-formal proposal that Brandon will circulate to the developers whose work overlaps with PvP.

While I work on this front, then, I need help from you in filling a few roles:

- Advertisers: possible jobs include creating a Boot Camp logo, contacting various podcast organizations/blogs, etc.
- Coaches: main job will be to teach new players who attend the Boot Camp sessions.
- Organizers: possible jobs include working with technology logistics, administration, etc.

Some of you have already indicated interest in some of these areas in the previous post , and there is no need for you to do so again. Once this list begins to fill out, I will post it in the forums.

Indicate which role you are interested in a response below. Also, if there is a role you would like to fill but that is not found in the list above, please just say as much in your response.

Fellow players, this is an incredible, grass-roots opportunity for us to partner with the devs to improve the quality of PvP.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
11-06-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm excited to be a part of this project and am very much looking forward to working with all of you

PvP FTW.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 3
11-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I, as an MMO player, have never really been one to PvP. It's just not my thing; I don't like it, it doesn't like me. This has been my status quo for some time. However, this game is different. Especially in space combat, STO has the potential to be a great PvP system if its worked on. I support this game as much as I can, and if PvP will help STO grow, I'm all for it.

You've got a recruit. XD
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
# 4
11-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'm excited to be a part of this project and am very much looking forward to working with all of you

PvP FTW.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
it is patching again won't see tribble till tomorrow
Career Officer
# 5
11-06-2012, 09:44 PM
5193 the 8000 for tribble ya!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain
# 6
11-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Dear Fellow PvP Players:

I am thrilled to share that Brandon has contacted me expressing great interest in helping Boot Camp develop. Brandon and I are in agreement that this should be a community-wide project and involve as many people as want to participate.

For my part, I am currently putting together a semi-formal proposal that Brandon will circulate to the developers whose work overlaps with PvP.

While I work on this front, then, I need help from you in filling a few roles:

- Advertisers: possible jobs include creating a Boot Camp logo, contacting various podcast organizations/blogs, etc.
- Coaches: main job will be to teach new players who attend the Boot Camp sessions.
- Organizers: possible jobs include working with technology logistics, administration, etc.

Some of you have already indicated interest in some of these areas in the previous post , and there is no need for you to do so again. Once this list begins to fill out, I will post it in the forums.

Indicate which role you are interested in a response below. Also, if there is a role you would like to fill but that is not found in the list above, please just say as much in your response.

Fellow players, this is an incredible, grass-roots opportunity for us to partner with the devs to improve the quality of PvP.
Hey! Hey! Hey!

You forgot a role...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 7
11-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Hey! Hey! Hey!

You forgot a role...
What is that?=)

@gradstudent1
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-07-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't believe I could fulfill a role or anything, but I'm at least interested, same as the other post.

Though if you need a Klingon to show Feds what to do and NOT to do in Ker'rat, lemme know.

In all seriousness, I doubt I'd be much of a coach, but maybe a teaching element. Y'know, how to possibly detect cloaked ships and counter them effectively or something.

*shrug* Just brainstorming a bit, I'd guess this boot camp is about all areas of PvP, perhaps this is just a silly idea, but I thought I'd toss it out at least. Do my part in my own 'evil Klingun' way.

Career Officer
# 9
11-07-2012, 12:33 AM
I'll keep pointing people to my link. I'll keep adding to it as well.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 10
11-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
I'll keep pointing people to my link. I'll keep adding to it as well.
Great. I have used this link before and find it to be quite helpful.

@gradstudent1