Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,411
# 101
11-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Ask Cryptic!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,071
# 102
11-04-2012, 10:18 AM
i hope the mods have continued to follow this thread.

so they can see, first handed the magic that Sprinkles can bring to a thread.

you truely are the champion of trolls.

lol, he actually said that he wasnt trolling or flaming? and that he was just stating his opinions right?

lol

omg keep this one going, its better than any tv drama
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 103
11-04-2012, 10:44 AM
*Bursts into tears*
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 104
11-04-2012, 10:50 AM
From the original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
These things must improve, and I am willing to do what is required for that.
Well, I'm glad to hear that, I hope you don't turn around and say the opposite in a later post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Nothing like that in the post you quoted. It is not baiting it is not trolling, it is an opinion, it is serious controversial discussion. And by te way, that thread made it, for the first time for me, clear what the actual problem of the KDFers was, and it wasn't necessarily the missing missions. It was a very productive and helpful thread for me.

The quote about the size of the PvP community is just honest. You may not like that thought, certainly aren't forced to agree with it, but it is valid, A to Z.

But you don't just accept it as a differing, thought through opinion that you disagree with. In fact, we could delve through the forum history and find any controversial topic (probably even long before I even knew STO existed, and certainly in dicussions without any involvement from my side), and still find the same pattern of people bullying the controversial point of view.

And I think that is what is wrong with the PvP subforum culture. There is a lot of assuming about people's motivations, lot of interpreting things in the worst possible way, and out of that, the trolling, the flaming and the insults grow. Many people just can't stand controversy of any kind, and they can't remain civil when there is controversy.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a problem in a discussion forum.



I am sure you could. But that shows things about you, not about me.
This thread is an example of your usual trolling. I've quoted your first post where you state that you are willing to do what is required for things to change. You ask specifically what you have done. I explain to you how your threads, due to misleading titles, baiting original posts, and inflammatory statements create problems here, and you refuse to acknowledge it. So, contrary to your first post, you are not willing to do anything to improve this place.

It is not a misinterpretation your motives, it is recounting verbatim what you have done. You created a thread that seemed to genuinely question why people were asking for KDF content, however you already had your mind made up. All you did was bring people into a conversation so you could post this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
See, just in case nobody gets it, I point it out:

You. Won't. Get. Any. Official. Klingon-only. Missions. From Cryptic.
Yes, it is a differing, thought through opinion, but it is presented in such a way, though the context of the thread and the presentation and tone of the post, that it becomes inflammatory. Added to the fact that you created the thread, how could anyone not come to the conclusion that you created the thread specifically to incite argument? I can hear it now, you say "Not argument, discussion." That's all well and good, but what are the results? People respond badly to you time and again, and you post something like your most recent statement that the big problem around here is people misinterpreting what you say and jumping to the worst conclusion. If everybody you deal with reacts the same way, maybe the problem is not everybody else. Maybe you think the culture of this forum is hostile because you evoke a hostile response.

Take some responsibility for your actions. Stop hiding behind your passive aggressive tactics. Stop claiming that the problem lies with others who cannot accept the content of your posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I am sure you could. But that shows things about you, not about me.
...
...
...
No, wait, keep at it. Read that last part again.
...
...
...
Here is your passive aggressive, snide insult that you believe is outside the definition that you, yourself posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Flaming and/or Trolling
You may not post content which contains insults to other users or Perfect World Entertainment Staff, are specifically made to create undue discontent on the forums, disturbances in forum threads, pick fights or otherwise promote unfriendly conversation.
You are NOT willing to do what is required to improve this place because you claim you are not part of the problem and in the same breath prove that you are.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,125
# 105
11-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
[...]
Well, I'm glad to hear that, I hope you don't turn around and say the opposite in a later post.
It is sad, though, that certain other participants in this thread don't want to do that.

Quote:
This thread is an example of your usual trolling. I've quoted your first post where you state that you are willing to do what is required for things to change.
Oh, I am. But that can hardly boil down to not discussing any controversial topics again just because a certain subset of the forum population can't stand any disagreement.

Quote:
You ask specifically what you have done.
And appearantly, I haven't done anything, from the quotes you gave. Except, of course, disagreeing with some people.

Quote:
I explain to you how your threads, due to misleading titles, baiting original posts, and inflammatory statements create problems here, and you refuse to acknowledge it.
I disagree again. You don't explain, you claim. And then quote things that are totally unrelated to your claims.

Quote:
Yes, it is a differing, thought through opinion, but it is presented in such a way, though the context of the thread and the presentation and tone of the post, that it becomes inflammatory.
"In such a way." Okay, let us have a look at the "way":

"See, just in case nobody gets it, I point it out:

You. Won't. Get. Any. Official. Klingon-only. Missions. From Cryptic."

That is a clear, direct, not misunderstandable statement of my opinion (which, by the way, turned out to be wrong, as that was before the release of "Alpha", for which I am thankful). You don't like it? That must be tough.

(And let's just mention shortly that the thread you had to dig up was months old, so it can rather not be a proof for "pissing off people on a daily basis", and not even from the PvP subforum.)

Quote:
Added to the fact that you created the thread, how could anyone not come to the conclusion that you created the thread specifically to incite argument?
For example, by reading what is written in the thread?

Quote:
I can hear it now, you say "Not argument, discussion." That's all well and good, but what are the results?
The result in the KDF thread was making clear what the actual problem was - which I summarized later in that thread, by the way. It was, to say it again, very productive for me.

Quote:
People respond badly to you time and again,
Not "people", but "certain people". And that is the point - their trolling and flaming is theirs, and trying to put that burden upon the people they reply to strikes me as more than just a bit dishonest. And it is not just me. It is anyone who sais stuff those certain people don't like. In many cases, those people get the conterversial poster to explode in counter-insulting, so he gets banned.

If you troll, flame and insult, that is your fault. Don't blame anyone else. As far as I am concerned, you don't even have to apologize. Just stop it.

Quote:
[...]If everybody you deal with reacts the same way,
But that is not the case. You can even see it in this thread. It is, in fact, just a very small subset of the forum population. It is however, a loud one.

Quote:
[...]
Here is your passive aggressive, snide insult that you believe is outside the definition that you, yourself posted.
[...]
So saying you are what you accuse me to be is a "passive aggressive" insult to you now?

There we have the actual problem, I would say.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,071
# 106
11-04-2012, 01:53 PM
what is it like on your planet man?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 107
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
what is it like on your planet man?
Lonely, I would imagine.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,549
# 108
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
So far, I'm not sure that the trolling part has been demonstrated - the flaming part on the other hand... has been pretty obvious.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 109
11-05-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Take some responsibility for your actions. Stop hiding behind your passive aggressive tactics. Stop claiming that the problem lies with others who cannot accept the content of your posts.
Thats the only issue I have with his threads. His inability to have a two-sided discussion on a topic without resorting to " You just don't get it" tactics and insults when the other players whom get involved do not see his "logic"
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,125
# 110
11-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Thats the only issue I have with his threads. His inability to have a two-sided discussion on a topic without resorting to " You just don't get it" tactics and insults when the other players whom get involved do not see his "logic"
Sigh. Link?

I don't insult people. I may, at some point, not be willing to play completely oblivious to their insults, but that is certainly a different thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 PM.