Empire Veteran
# 111
11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post

I don't insult people.
yes, you do. You do it in a very passive-agressive fashion so as to leave yourself a back door to deny that you have done any wrong.

Here is a classic Thread that I remember.
and here is a very well spoken instance that is now someone's signature,
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
i made this my sig. why do you ask? because i got insulted by this guy and he dissed me. yet i was nice at first till i seen how he liked to dis people with education and wittie remarks such as this.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
Don't be insulted. Against people on your level, I'd happily accept you as a team mate from a purely competence point of view.
and last but not least, your own words (again),
Quote:

I will continue to mock him as long as he behaves like someone who should be mocked.
Though I will say that towards the end of the thread you grasped that the PvP community was actually trying to help you and you become less passive-agressive and started acting very civil and responsive.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Starfleet Veteran
# 112
11-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

yes, you do.
No, I don't. There is a very clear definition of what an insult is. I do nothing like that.

Quote:
Here is a classic Thread that I remember.
There are a lot of insults an flames in there, but not from me.

Quote:
and here is a very well spoken instance that is now someone's signature,
That is not an insult. It is, if anything, just an opinion about his skill in the game. (And it is taken out of context, by the way: It was said about a 2v2 vs Hilbert and one other guy, and of course I would want some guy on the same level as Hilbert on my team, because I clearly am only at the "other guy" level.)

Quote:
and last but not least, your own words (again),
That is mocking, not insulting. And it was worked hard for by the guy who received it, by pages of mocking and outright insulting and by blowing up twice in a row against a build that he had claimed "only morons would blow up against".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 113
11-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
No, I don't. There is a very clear definition of what an insult is. I do nothing like that.
Devil's advocate here:

Riddle me this. If someone feels insulted by someone else, can that someone else claim not to be insulting?

Logical Fallacy.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-05-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 114
11-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Devil's advocate here:

Riddle me this. If someone feels insulted by someone else, can that someone else claim not to be insulting?
Point taken. However, I can only be held responsible for what I write, not for what others read.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain
# 115
11-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Point taken. However, I can only be held responsible for what I write, not for what others read.
Unfortunately in a forum environment, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Part of respect on a forum is to consider the effect of one's words on others.

I admit, I myself surcome to my human condition frequently.

I take equal cognizance of the fact, that I am unafraid to own it.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-05-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 116
11-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Unfortunately in a forum environment, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Part of respect on a forum is to consider the effect of one's words on others.
[...]
Of course, and not only in a forum, but anywhere. However, if it is only the very rude people who see your postings as rude, wouldn't you, well, also not exactly consider them experts on the field of politeness?

Let us all just agree to be more considerate, and not flame or troll in any case, but to just inform the moderators if we cannot stand a particular post.

Also, ignore function needed. ^^
Captain
# 117
11-05-2012, 09:54 AM
You know in the real world we all know 2 types of people that willfully insult people.
Those 2 types exist on the forums as well.

There is the people that will insult you in a clear manner. They say what they mean and there is no doubt when they intend to insult you.

Then there are those that are both slightly more intelligent. (or not depending on your definition and/or the quality of there japes) That prefer the sarcastic insult.
These people are willing to insult you, however if you confront them, they will of course point to a second non offensive meaning in relation to said insult. If you don't understand this concept consider most British style humor... if that doesn't make the style clear. Well then look to the low brow version of this type of insult in someone like David Spade. In a nut shell these people lack the fortitude to word there insults in a manner that leaves no room for interpretation, they would rather leave themselves a verbal out.

The second type of insulting personality is the most frustrating and infuriating type of person to deal with in the real world. It plays well in humor, however we all understand that outside of the comedy aspect, these people are in general detested.

Soph if your comments on the forums drew that reaction once or twice... I could buy your assertion that people are simply misconstruing the meaning of your type. Of course it seems to happen every single time you post.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 11-05-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Captain
# 118
11-05-2012, 09:54 AM
It's pretty damn pathetic that you felt the need to slip that "blew up twice" dig in again, and it reminded me of just how hysterical and childish you were in that thread when you started taunting someone who tried to help you. Sums you up really though, doesn't it.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 119
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Of course, and not only in a forum, but anywhere. However, if it is only the very rude people who see your postings as rude, wouldn't you, well, also not exactly consider them experts on the field of politeness?

Let us all just agree to be more considerate, and not flame or troll in any case, but to just inform the moderators if we cannot stand a particular post.

Also, ignore function needed. ^^
My mom taught me that in life, "never cast your pearls before swine."

If there is no purpose in responding to someone that is aggressive, rude etc, the mere fact that you have considered replying and your body becomes tense, teaches you there is already an emotional charge being fired-off.

Emotional Intelligence is trying to teach you to simply move on.
Empire Veteran
# 120
11-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
They might be experts on the field of rudeness. Therefore they might be right if they consider your posts as rude :p

Ok anyway I would say the problem on a forum is that you can't see the face of the poster or hear his voice. So you don't know if he is screaming, crying, laughing or bashing his head into a wall while posting.
There can be misunderstandings and of course there is always sarcasm. One has to be careful about wording, a good intention is sometimes not enough.