Captain
# 131
11-05-2012, 03:54 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-05-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 132
11-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Heh, I had a well-thought out post I wrote, then I hit submit and the site blew up in my face

Rather than take the time to repost, all I am going to say is that this thread serves as an excellent "Exhibit A" about what the PvP subforum culture is like.

Some good, some bad. It's all here.

People ought to go back and re-read this thread and think about what it says about the PvP Community.
I sort of like the PvP subforum culture. It honestly does a lot for the game and the forums.

Last edited by rooster75; 11-05-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Captain
# 133
11-05-2012, 04:50 PM
really brandon?
Captain
# 134
11-05-2012, 04:51 PM
you couldn't leave it up there for half a day?

i mean, he needs to hear it, you know he does.
Captain
# 135
11-05-2012, 04:54 PM
and you could delete half of his posts on this thread do to the forum rules.

he has exhibited both flaming and trolling, yet, you do not censor him.

what gives?
Career Officer
# 136
11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Sigh. Link?

I don't insult people. I may, at some point, not be willing to play completely oblivious to their insults, but that is certainly a different thing.
Weird, I remember you calling people that didn't agree with you "retarded" in OPVP not long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Heh, I had a well-thought out post I wrote, then I hit submit and the site blew up in my face

Rather than take the time to repost, all I am going to say is that this thread serves as an excellent "Exhibit A" about what the PvP subforum culture is like.

Some good, some bad. It's all here.

People ought to go back and re-read this thread and think about what it says about the PvP Community.
Sorry Blue, but if a single person was ejected out of this subforum it would be quite the major victory, any guesses as to whom? Until you become part of the PVP Community you have no real idea. Join in, talk to people, learn some stuff and then you won't be looking in from the outside wondering whats going on.
Career Officer
# 137
11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
If one person says something about you, might be just their opinion.
If two people say the same thing about you, well maybe they both just share the same opinion.
IF THREE people say the same thing about you, you might want to consider that THREE people believe about you a certain way.
IF FOUR or MORE people say something about you, and share what appears to be a similar feeling about you, it might be time to take a look at yourself and how you interact with others.
In this case, I see an overwhelming call from the "community" about one person.

I suggest that person take a long , difficult look at themselves and realize that when an entire community is saying something about you, despite however much you protest that they are wrong, using psuedo-intellectual BS excuses and justifications, then other people might just be on to something. Have a look at yourself , Soph, and try and figure out why ALL of these people have something against you.

It's not an isolated , one guy hates me sort of thing. This is a community feeling , as evidenced by this thread.

YOU are the one who brought this negative opinion of you, through your history of dealing with people on the boards. Once someone has done as much damage to their reputation within a community as you have, it is very VERY tough to try and shake the image you have worked so hard to build thus far.

Rather then scream basically th
at "everyone else is wrong, I am not a bad person !"
I suggest this two step program
(1) Honestly evaluate yourself and examine why so many people have negative opinions. Don't just say , Oh , it's their problem. Maybe if it was just 1 person, that could be true, but in this case , AN ENTIRE FREAKING COMMUNITY shares a negative opinion of you. How did an ENTIRE COMMUNITY get such an opinion. Oh wait, it's all them isn't it. Couldnb't possibly be you. No reason for any self reflection here.

and

(2) STOP acting in the ways that bring about these feelings about you.

So, anyway, original topic. PvP forum around here has some of the most passionate , excellent gamers the game has. They are smart, and understand the game and how it works. Most are very nice actually.
Most are willing to give advice.

Sometimes things get heated, but, for the most part, people are respectful of each other. Probably one of my two favorite places in these forums (right next to the Foundry sections).

Certain posters , do indeed have an ability to stir up nonsense, that's true. Boards would be much easier to deal with if I had oh , I don't know, the ability to IGNORE trolls and other idiots. S'Ok though, BranFlakes says that's a feature on the way some time in the future.

until then, Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Hermaphrodite species, and others gathered. I suggest a community effort to simply IGNORE obvious trolls. I know it's hard sometimes, they are very good at "baiting" other posters. BUT to IGNORE them ... that's the best way to hurt them. Without an audience to play to, they (trolls and the like) quickly lose both relevance in the community and without the attention of others, the desire to keep being a jerk. I mean , what's the point if no one gets upset by you.

TL;DR Version : Ignore trolls.

Peace and Sunflowers
Captain
# 138
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^damn. that was awesome.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

have fun kill bad guys
Rihannsu
# 139
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
[...]
IF FOUR or MORE people say something about you, and share what appears to be a similar feeling about you, it might be time to take a look at yourself and how you interact with others.
Absolutely.

One question, though: Have you ever heard that a group of people, as such, is acting weird? Such as described in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_behavior ?

Quote:
[...]
So, anyway, original topic. PvP forum around here has some of the most passionate , excellent gamers the game has. They are smart, and understand the game and how it works. Most are very nice actually.
Most are willing to give advice.
Unfortunately, many are unwilling to do that in a way that is compatible with the forum rules. And that is a problem, don't you agree?

Quote:
TL;DR Version : Ignore trolls.
[...]
You are right, and I try to. But as you wrote, it is hard not to reply to off-topic accusations and personal attacks that you feel have few grounds in facts.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Rihannsu
# 140
11-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Weird, I remember you calling people that didn't agree with you "retarded" in OPVP not long ago.
Do you also recall what made me do that? A short hint: It had to do with being insulted, mocked, insulted more, and flamed quite a lot for pages before that.

Quote:
Sorry Blue, but if a single person was ejected out of this subforum it would be quite the major victory, any guesses as to whom? Until you become part of the PVP Community you have no real idea. Join in, talk to people, learn some stuff and then you won't be looking in from the outside wondering whats going on.
So if some people decide that they may insult a person over and over again, that person should be banned? Huh?

Please explain this to me, then:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=406751

No participation from my side whatsoever. Still, the moderator had to step in and edit posts. And there are tons of threads like that. Look at this one:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=416181

(Technically there was a post or two from me in there, but they are unrelated to the degradation of the thread, on which you will agree.)

You might also think about hat exactly causes some threads where I do participate to decline. Re-read them (no, really). Recently, it is usually the pattern "Logimo posts a valid opinion", followed by one of the usual trolls posting some snarky comment, followed by a short remark from me about that to defend myself, followed by even more trolling from the trolls.

As I wrote, I am willing to do what is needed, and I guess it has been established that this means to ignore the people I regard as trolls completely.

Others, quite obviously, are not.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584