Captain
# 171
11-06-2012, 04:39 PM
i also love you guys.

but i tell you hat all the time.

hopefully there has been some light shed for a few people here.
Empire Veteran
# 172
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th23 View Post
I love you all. I want you guys to be my neighbors.
How do you know we are not your nieghbors?
<peeks through blinds and giggles>
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Starfleet Veteran
# 173
11-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
How do you know we are not your nieghbors?
<peeks through blinds and giggles>
This is a warzone. Don't ever forget that.
Career Officer
# 174
11-06-2012, 07:40 PM
LOL, now everyone has to be mindful of walking around naked in their backyard.
Empire Veteran
# 175
11-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
So I feel that this place needs a clean sweep, literally. Erase EVERY post and thread in this area of the forum. I know that'd be annoying and a lot of work, but I feel it'd be good just to wipe the floor. Locking threads wouldn't be enough. That would still mean old threads could be re-made (like help threads for example)

In turn, it'd have to be something agreed upon by all here, choosing to have this whole area wiped completely. This would also go for feelings about others, mostly the bad ones. Start over completely on a fresh, untouched page.

In short, we'd have to be unified on what we want here, so that way it can happen for the good of all.
Egad I hope they do nto go to that kind of an extreme but if they do they should protect everything in snoge00f's sig. Losing that kind of tutorial material would be a real crime.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Empire Veteran
# 176
11-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Egad I hope they do nto go to that kind of an extreme but if they do they should protect everything in snoge00f's sig. Losing that kind of tutorial material would be a real crime.
True, it is the most extreme end of things, and I don't entirely want that either, but it would work most likely. A clean start would help restart this place on a fresh plate.

And it wouldn't HAVE to be every last thread. If this were to happen (purely hypothetical), it'd certainly wipe everything out, but we could make a thread about what threads we wanted to keep above all others, again, primarily going for the tutorial and help threads after all to keep.

Anywho folks, I think Soph left.

And Mods, Devs, I think ya'll have seen quite a bit in this thread alone, both the good, AND the bad side of the PvP forum 'culture'.

Starfleet Veteran
# 177
11-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
[...]
Anywho folks, I think Soph left.
No, I didn't. I am just doing what I said I would do.

Quote:
And Mods, Devs, I think ya'll have seen quite a bit in this thread alone, both the good, AND the bad side of the PvP forum 'culture'.
I would assume they have. Just like any potential random newbie, for that matter.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 178
11-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
This is a warzone. Don't ever forget that.
I never have, though one gets tired walking the parapets.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Super Moderator
# 179
11-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
Or maybe I've misread and you were just saying how you think you are 'better' than all the pvp forum posters?
Nope, that was definitely not my intent.

I am merely pointing out that there are a few people in the PvP forum who have a blatant disregard for the spirit of the forum rules, if not the letter.

There are lots of people on this forum whose knowledge of the game I completely respect and recognize as way over my head in their mastery of the game. I am not fit to be their target drone. Some have better ideas than I do, and some are better at spotting people who are shovelling baloney than I am.

Unfortunately, some of those same people (not all, mind you) take great enjoyment in shoving other people's noses in the baloney and then bloodying them.

Is it really that hard to correct misinformation from people without essentially calling them idiots, or telling them L2P? Is the name-calling really necessary to get the point across?

What are we, in Kindergarten?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lt. Commander
# 180
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
So when People in general trying to help someone(x) by telling him/her that the basic rule to tank in pvp is with Emergency power to shields, and then totally shrugs it off with bad math/and other random bull*h1t, and then have the nerve to call the people who try to help X trolls? I don't know. At some point you just give up there are a few that maybe are more eloquent(sp) and write up better posts that explain stuff better then some of us pvpers but I really think in the end you have to respect the guys who make the top fleets ingame and believe what they tell you no?
Noone.