Captain
# 1 Garbage in the Device slots
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Why do Cryptic come up with these devices that fill up the slots and give you crap performance?

The batteries that you have to buy or randomly earn in gameplay are generally useless. They do not boost your power levels enough to notice in performance. The Devs want you to waste poinst on you skill tree to make your batteries give better bonuses. That is the most Bull crap I have ever seen. Why should you have to waste skill points to make consumables perform better, when those points can be used to give more power to your weapons, shields, engines, or auxillary power? When you use a shield battery, it don't give the same regeneration as EPS gives you, so you are not out of danger from being blown away by an enemy. The weapon battery works better than shield, but you don't need it if yours ship operates at 125 weapon's power. That would be a waste of device space. Auxillary battery boost moderately well but it doesn't boost your aux power better than EPA. More wasted device space.

The device that takes the cake are the satilite weapon platforms. They are called heavy satilite turrets but they don't deliver any heavy DPS output. They are not durable like the Enemy NPC versions that you have to fight against in Fleet Actions, where you fire all your weapons on it just to destroy one. These ones they give us are so weak, you shoot them once and they are gone. They have no impact on the battlefield other being and extra target. They are inaffective in PVE and they definately don't help in PVP. Why waste our device slots with more crap that don't work? I don't even use the turret things anymore, I just sell them in Exchange. I don't know why people still buy them. Couldn't the DEVs given us consumable fighter hangers to use when we go up against mobs or carriers? At least the fighters had enough DPS to to help wear down the enemy's shields and they were a good target disstraction because you couldn't destroy all of them with one shot.

Last edited by alexindcobra; 12-03-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Captain
# 2
12-03-2012, 03:30 PM
you dont slot your deuterium surplus ? Shame on you !
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 3
12-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Couldn't the DEVs given us consumable fighter hangers to use when we go up against mobs or carriers? At least the fighters had enough DPS to to help wear down the enemy's shields and they were a good target disstraction because you couldn't destroy all of them with one shot.
Don't need the rest of the post, no-one forces you to use ship devices.

as for the bit I did quote...
Sure... let's give carriers MORE spam! it's like carriers don't have enough spam already to produce crap faster than 125 weapon power AND FAW2 AND EPt1W AND AP:B2 on a 6 beam cruiser can take down, oh no... we need to give them MORE spam... great idea...

And I thought you believed your Galaxy class was underpowered...
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I thought Batts gave a base +75 to power levels.
I have no points in batteries and Im fairly certain the equipment info says that.

Dueterium is awesome for speed.

I do agree that the turrets pack no punch though for being disposable items.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 5
12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
The OP has never heard of the concept of "by skin of your teeth".

You use them when everything else is on cooldown or has yet to recover from the energy drain and you're starting to hurt. They're Plan B. Don't rely on them and don't waste skill points either.
# 6
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Man... now I see why baudl just trolls you...

OOOK here we go. Subspace Field Modulator. Massive defensive bonus totally useless right? Deuterium Surplus. Massive movement speed and turn rate buff definitely useless. Large Batteries. That +100 power bonus is of course completely useless.

As for no consumable fighters? Yeah, those Scorpion Fighters from "The Vault" aren't consumable devices with decent DPS and help out in fights.

Seriously man, are you just troll-posting?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Its been a while since I used those scorpians or Turrets. Momentary lapse of reason, do Tac buffs buff them as well?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
12-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I use a stack of Weapons Batteries Aux Batteries and the Scorpions fighters I find all of that very useful for my playstyle....
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 9
12-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
you dont slot your deuterium surplus ? Shame on you !
notice, I didn't mention the deuterium.
Captain
# 10
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Don't need the rest of the post, no-one forces you to use ship devices.

as for the bit I did quote...
Sure... let's give carriers MORE spam! it's like carriers don't have enough spam already to produce crap faster than 125 weapon power AND FAW2 AND EPt1W AND AP:B2 on a 6 beam cruiser can take down, oh no... we need to give them MORE spam... great idea...

And I thought you believed your Galaxy class was underpowered...
Remember the Scorpion fighters consumable that you used to get after completing the Vault mission? They were usable with any ship you fly. Did you skip that mission?