Community Moderator
Hi,

Now I'm not saying there definitely will be a new playable species available to the KDF by season 8, but let's all assume there will be and gather some feedback for Cryptic.

Take some time and have a look through this list of Alpha and Beta Quadrant species (click).

Now simply choose three and no more, then state why you have chosen those species and I will update this post to show the results.

Also feel free to discuss which species you would NOT like to see in the KDF, but remember to respect other forum members opinions.

Cheers,

kalecto

Results:

Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.

Last edited by kalecto; 01-04-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-01-2012, 05:23 AM
None. Kdf need ships. Fersan. Lethean. They don't need new races
Captain
# 3
11-01-2012, 05:29 AM
Race change, before adding more species. Cryptic forces us to grind rep on few toons only. Why should I create new toon if I'm forced to invest so much time to single one ?
Community Moderator
# 4
11-01-2012, 05:36 AM
You're derailing my thread; please stay on topic.

You will have new ships and you will have a race change option, one day in the future...

This thread is for forum members to discuss new playable KDF species options.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Career Officer
# 5
11-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Antedeans.

They're kinda like the Klingon equivalent of Mermaids. They would play a similar role to Orion slave women, as concubines and assassins. They're sure to make every pink blooded Klingon warrior weak at the knees!
Joined August 2008
Rihannsu
# 6
11-01-2012, 05:51 AM
xindi reptiles and insectoids would be epic, while the feds get the humanoid ones. (dont think anyone will realistically get the aquatics)

or the Son'a, although thats really only to try and get their ships in as well.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 7
11-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Heh, someone is optimistic. Here's hoping they wont throw a price at us to use any new implemented race, though it's almost certain that they will.

I'd vote in the Talarian; they're known to be a warrior-based species, and they're not overly fond of the Federation (they've had several hostile encounters with them in the past). I could see them aligning themselves with the Imperial Empire if it benefited both factions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
They don't like space flight, and the Imperial Empire is at war (galactic) with the Federation. See the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
xindi reptiles and insectoids would be epic, while the feds get the humanoid ones.
Whilst this would work, it kind of goes against what we know of 29th Century Law where the Xindi are all part of the Federation (inc the Klingons). That said, I would believe the Xindi would stick together after the events of the expanse and attack on Earth. I don't see them being too eager to split up and be on opposite sides of a war just yet.

Quote:
(dont think anyone will realistically get the aquatics)
They've managed to put the Tholian in EV Suits.

Quote:
or the Son'a, although thats really only to try and get their ships in as well.
I know this is thinking well ahead, but I'd rather save the Son'a for a Romulan accomplice, should we ever be privileged enough to see a Romulan faction.

Last edited by flash525; 11-01-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Quotes
Career Officer
# 8
11-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
You're derailing my thread; please stay on topic.

You will have new ships and you will have a race change option, one day in the future...

This thread is for forum members to discuss new playable KDF species options.
The first couple of responses do have valid points though. What is the point in adding new races when they can't take the time to give us more KDF content? In my opinion, the sole reason the KDF faction numbers are so low is because Crytpic continiously takes away instead of adding to the faction. Before launch, there were a lot of players interested in the KDF side of things and I have 2 toons leveled on the old system. The old system encouraged PvP as an alternative to repeating the same missions that side. Cryptic was supposed to fill in the gaps over time but instead, they strip the faction of everything that makes it unique. There were some great stories in the KDF missions that could definitely be expaneded upon.
Career Officer
# 9
11-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
The first couple of responses do have valid points though. What is the point in adding new races when they can't take the time to give us more KDF content?
We all know that Cryptic is oblivious to KDF fans, though let us at least entertain the idea here shall we?
Captain
# 10
11-01-2012, 06:09 AM
It's not about changing the subject, the answer to your question is simple NONE. Creating new species requires resources, people and time to work on. The effort would be much more better spend on race change feature, so people can actually use the "new" (see those after-launch) species for their old toons in which they invested too much time.

What's the point of adding new species if you cannot use them on your current toons ?

It's like when the game launched, and people who bought the deluxe edition couldn't use joined trill on KDF side for months.