Empire Veteran
# 101
12-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
I would like them to give better options to current species before new ones are introduced....

Still cannot make a non human Liberated Borg for instance....
You can make a liberated Klingon for KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/Liberated_Borg
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Empire Veteran
# 102
12-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that whatever the heck Isis was would make an excellent addition to the KDF roster?

Isis was the cat that accompanied supervisor Gary Seven from his secret base to Earth on a 20th century mission.

Isis was involved in the 1968 sabotage and detonation of a nuclear bomb in the atmosphere just 104 miles above the surface of central Eurasia. This near-calamity made the rival governments cease, for a time at least, the deployment of nuclear weapons in orbit, and rethink their old strategy of "balance of power".

Though apparently Seven's pet, Isis was more: she communicated with him through a rudimentary telepathy, and understood his spoken words. She accompanied him wherever he went and watched out for him. Isis was also able to take Human form, though which of the two might be her original form (if either) remains a mystery. The one thing that never changed was the collar around her neck.
- Memory Alpha
Dude, I soo want that Pussycat

Last edited by stark2k; 12-04-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 103
12-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldicephoenix View Post
You can make a liberated Klingon for KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/Liberated_Borg

yes I already have one, but you still cannot make a Liberated species other than the base species.

So my original statement has not changed....
Career Officer
# 104
12-04-2012, 01:11 AM
I submit the Vendorian's for the KDF. Not humanoid at all in their natural form. Something I think would be well-suited for animating in a computer game. They are shape-shifters. Who's history - according to TAS and novels - has them in association with the Romulans. And a home world quarantined - at least during the 2260's - by the Federation.

Place that homeworld closer to the Federation in Tau Dewa Sector Block. By 2409, I could easily see Vendor having been liberated from the Federation by the KDF.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga
Empire Veteran
# 105
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
yes I already have one, but you still cannot make a Liberated species other than the base species.

It would ne nice to play another Borg assimilated species - it is a nice way to incorporate those oddball races like Cardassians, Breen, Romulan, etc...
Empire Veteran
# 106
12-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:

well you did say "non-human" not "non-base" :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Republic Veteran
# 107
12-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venetar90 View Post
Mirak, Lyrans, Interstellar Concordium, or how about Hydrans?
Ferasan is the closest thing we will get to Mirak/Lyrans, the ISC lost their pacification campaign and left the galaxy if I recall, we might not see them again unless in STO we leave the milky way, and oh god no! Hydrans are some of the butt ugliest aliens I have ever seen in all of aliens in any franchise.

Besides Hydrans breath methane so there is really no way they could function well on KDF ships.
Career Officer
# 108
12-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Ferasan is the closest thing we will get to Mirak/Lyrans, the ISC lost their pacification campaign and left the galaxy if I recall, we might not see them again unless in STO we leave the milky way, and oh god no! Hydrans are some of the butt ugliest aliens I have ever seen in all of aliens in any franchise.

Besides Hydrans breath methane so there is really no way they could function well on KDF ships.
Not to mention Cryptic would need to get a license from Amarillo Design Bureau to use their stuff (and CBS agreeing to let them include it into STO, even though the entire history of SFC/SFB is set in an entirely different universe, or did we miss the entire "General War" that took place between 2271 and 2295? ).

Last edited by misterde3; 12-04-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Community Moderator
# 109
01-04-2013, 02:12 AM
The OP votes have been updated. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daharmasterklag View Post
Not sure why the Gorn are listed since they are already in the Empire. I would definitely like the TOS style of character model back as an optional choice, my Gorn would like to look more authentic and a lot less like godzilla and the same goes for my Gorn BOffs.
The Gorn are listed because forum members have asked for the missing variations of that species. The list is not made up of my suggestions but made up of the suggestions from each post in this thread.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Rihannsu
# 110
01-04-2013, 02:29 AM
kalecto - sry but this smells..

i have the feeling you are going to give playable Romulans to the Feds and we, the KDF get some insectoids..

that way feds get cloaks and KDF can go burn themselves..

am i wrong? please?

Join the premiere Romulan community now!