Empire Veteran
# 111
01-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
The OP votes have been updated. Thank you.

The Gorn are listed because forum members have asked for the missing variations of that species. The list is not made up of my suggestions but made up of the suggestions from each post in this thread.
I agree, I would love the TOS look of the Gorn, but I will go a step further - introduce the original Gorn uniform, which were garments or Toga like.

I look at my Gorn now, and it looks like the Godzilla 1998 version that starred Mathew Broderick. A enormous, radioactively mutated lizard runs rampant on the island of Manhattan.

So yes I would love Gorn variations, and the Gorn Garments.
Lieutenant
# 112
01-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Is Cryptic allowed to use the Hydrans, Lyrans, and ISC? I thought they were Star Fleet Universe only.
I support Handsome Phaser Guy
And Tovan Khev
No, I am neither a woman nor gay.
Starfleet Veteran
# 113
01-04-2013, 06:56 AM
I would say the Talarians, but I doubt I would start another toon over it. The last thing I need is another toon in an under developed faction that sees little support from the game developer.

But when it is all said and done, I would be simply be happier with an Alpha War Targ combat pet...
Commander
# 114
01-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
kalecto - sry but this smells..

i have the feeling you are going to give playable Romulans to the Feds and we, the KDF get some insectoids..

that way feds get cloaks and KDF can go burn themselves..

am i wrong? please?
I'm a player and voluntary forum moderator, not a dev. I can give you nothing but discussion and ideas to ponder in threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
I agree, I would love the TOS look of the Gorn, but I will go a step further - introduce the original Gorn uniform, which were garments or Toga like.

I look at my Gorn now, and it looks like the Godzilla 1998 version that starred Mathew Broderick. A enormous, radioactively mutated lizard runs rampant on the island of Manhattan.

So yes I would love Gorn variations, and the Gorn Garments.
Couldn't agree with you more... Though I do love the Godzilla (1998) look, the addition of new clothing options would be grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdeadman View Post
I would say the Talarians, but I doubt I would start another toon over it. The last thing I need is another toon in an under developed faction that sees little support from the game developer.

But when it is all said and done, I would be simply be happier with an Alpha War Targ combat pet...
This thread and the suggestions within are based upon the assumption that a new KDF playable species would be in addition to more KDF content, such as new ships, clothing options, gear, missions, levels and pets, etc...

I simply wanted to help gather feedback on which species would be more popular and worth creating for the KDF. By doing this, they could potentially take the most popular votes and create an official poll which would reach the entire player base. OR just use the feedback from this thread and discuss options internally, they'll add their own opinions and decide if they have the time and resources to invest in the idea, and also figure out if the return is worth it.
Captain
# 115
01-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Humans.

Think about it... there are already DOFF assignments to help splinter/rebel groups of Federation folks, and you have to figure there's at least a few humans or small groups who have thrown in with the Empire, particularly during the brief peace between the two.

And hey, if you can have Federation Klingons, it makes just about as much sense to have the reverse.

(I currently have a KDF Human using the Alien option. My all-human away team:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...84133559_o.jpg
Rihannsu
# 116
01-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I submit the Vendorian's for the KDF. Not humanoid at all in their natural form. Something I think would be well-suited for animating in a computer game. They are shape-shifters. Who's history - according to TAS and novels - has them in association with the Romulans. And a home world quarantined - at least during the 2260's - by the Federation.

Place that homeworld closer to the Federation in Tau Dewa Sector Block. By 2409, I could easily see Vendor having been liberated from the Federation by the KDF.
Vendor's already in the game. It's deep inside Alpha Centauri.

Vendorians would make a nice addition to the RSE.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 117
01-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Klingon Augment.

Increased intelligence... increased strength... increased insanity.
Empire Veteran
# 118
01-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Klingon Augment.

Increased intelligence... increased strength... increased insanity.
Actually I prefer Klingon Augment Retro-style ala TOS - we need those in game with PROPER TOS uniforms.

Also consider this for the Klingon Faction lineup:

A) Sulibans

B) Ferengi - Listen, Ferengi's are all over the universe as Traders, even selling of military equipment. It is only Logical that the Ferengi Species mingle with the KDF.

Heck there was even a funny episode in the DS9 television series that involved Quark in a Klingon House.
Career Officer
# 119
01-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3cubed View Post
Is Cryptic allowed to use the Hydrans, Lyrans, and ISC? I thought they were Star Fleet Universe only.
Nope, Interplay could onyl use them because they also had a license from Amarillo Design Bureau when they made the SFC games.
Career Officer
# 120
01-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
A) Sulibans
I would personally save the Suliban for any potential Romulan faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Nope, Interplay could onyl use them because they also had a license from Amarillo Design Bureau when they made the SFC games.
Could Cryptic not acquire that license?