Career Officer
# 161
01-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
Son'a would be my choice.
This would be my choice too. Weird melted-looking faces & a highly C-storeable Battlecruiser with a unique isolytic subspace weapon.
----
Commander
# 162
01-16-2013, 08:13 AM
I'd LOVE the Gorn in STO to look and move like the Gorn from ENT: In A Mirror, Darkly...! More lizard like, more different from other species.

So, --> ENT-Gorn
STOWiki admin.
Rihannsu
# 163
01-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Son'a would be my choice.

I could elaborate on things like their possible grudge against the Federation due to events in Insurrection, or that since they have colonies in Cardassian space they would be vulnerable to the new Cardassian/Federation alliance so they decide to ally themselves to the KDF.

But really, I'd love to get my hands on the Son'a Battlecruiser.
Interesting... But how many Son'a are left? They weren't a proper race and were more like renegade Ba'ku. It does sound like an interesting idea though.

Anyways, the point about TOS Klingons is that, unless they were cured, their children would inherit the genetic defects that caused them to look like that. Were most of them cured? yes, ALL? I dunno.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 164
01-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Interesting... But how many Son'a are left? They weren't a proper race and were more like renegade Ba'ku. It does sound like an interesting idea though.
Well I'm largely clueless when it comes to the lore, and the Cardassian thing I picked up from the wiki.

But I do remember that in the Star Trek Armada RTS game one of the first missions was in the Briar Patch - defending the planet from a small Son'a force who attempted to take the planet back. Fun fact, I would always take over the Son'a cruisers so I could command them

This tells me that they do still exist, and they have sufficient numbers/resources to build and crew starships. I can't see it being a problem, STO has cats for goodness sake.
Rihannsu
# 165
01-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Well I'm largely clueless when it comes to the lore, and the Cardassian thing I picked up from the wiki.

But I do remember that in the Star Trek Armada RTS game one of the first missions was in the Briar Patch - defending the planet from a small Son'a force who attempted to take the planet back. Fun fact, I would always take over the Son'a cruisers so I could command them

This tells me that they do still exist, and they have sufficient numbers/resources to build and crew starships. I can't see it being a problem, STO has cats for goodness sake.
True. The backstory behind the Son'a is that a group of Ba'ku left the Briar Patch and lived in exile outside it somewhere. We don't know exactly where, but we do know they were involved in the Dominion war on the side of the Founders. While in exile, the Son'a conquered two pre-warp races(the Tarlac and Ellora and forced them to work as slaves. It's also been mentioned that they had several "colony worlds" under their control.

So... it's conceivable that some of the could side with the KDF.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 166
01-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Son'a definitely.

Xindi are supposed to become part of the Federation, but I could see Xindi Insectoids and Reptilians joining KDF.
Thowchum
Legendary Starfleet Captain
Fleet Leader, The Abductors
STO Forum Member since December 2010
Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
Captain
# 167
01-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpeacemaker View Post
Son'a definitely.

Xindi are supposed to become part of the Federation, but I could see Xindi Insectoids and Reptilians joining KDF.
KDF should absolutely get the Son'a, but since the Xindi make decisions as a group, I'm really against breaking up the species like that. I'm also against giving the KDF Insectoids and Reptilians simply because they're ugly.

I would prefer both sides getting access all the Xindi races (minus the Aquatics for obvious reasons).
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 168
01-16-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm not reading back but what about the Skeletor race they could be based off something real

“confession is good for the soul”

Rihannsu
# 169
01-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Hmm, maybe, reminds me of the Satarrans somewhat.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 170
01-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I'm not reading back but what about the Skeletor race they could be based off something real
Hey.... he could be a Hur'q. That would be interesting.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.