Captain
# 51
11-01-2012, 01:10 PM
No to all Enterprise prequal series races. Can't stand most of the new races from this show nor the dependence on time distorting plot lines.

No to Reman/Romulan. This should be its own faction.

No to Fek. This is the KDF boogyman, not an ally.

No to Antedeans, the fish people who won't fly unless in statis?

No to Antican, eating live food good, eating enemies alive bad.

No to Chalnoth, anarchists are too much even for the KDF.

No to Chodak, no soft cannon plz.

No to Gorn, 1 version is enough.

No to Kasheeta, they're a fed species.

No to Sheliak, Xenophobes wouldn't work w/KDF.

No to Son'a, the seem to be on their last leg and weak, KDF would just take w/e tec they had.

Yes to Kriosians, KDF took them before, why not again.

Yes to Hirogen, lots of cultural overlap and even instinctive overlap.

Yes to Talarians, but they're a bit too much of an overlap in a boring way unlike the Hirogen.
Captain
# 52
11-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
Did you mean the Talarian species?

Also, yes I agree with you also, you bring up a good point, there is most definitely great potential behind each playable species for the addition of more
Heh...err...no. I of course am referring to the Talaurians. A melf like race of extratertextular semi omnipotent quasi sarcastic quadrupeds from the planet tau stinki epsidani who to the best of my knowledge have no literary existence whatsoever.

But to clarify. I do not think we necessarily need more playable races or factions. Given we can create aliens of nearly every biped type it isn't necessary to make every canon race a playable one or a faction. I simply agree they should be represented as NPCs, plot foils, and story lines. Making character abilities to reflect the various race abilities for each canon race and making them available then making costume skins to roll said character is sufficient.

(Is it really necessary to correct someone for a misspelling of a word when you obviously knew perfectly well what I meant. How incredibly arrogant. Bad form. -1 internets from you, sir.)
Chingachgook told me, Don't try to understand them; and don't try to make them understand you. For they are a breed apart and make no sense.
Super Moderator
# 53
11-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
LOL, you mean create content ??
Something like that, yes A Xindi storyline that explained why some, all, or none of them allied with the KDF or the Federation. If they're going to suddenly appear as playable species, they should be grafted in not shoved in without explanation.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Super Moderator
# 54
11-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
But to clarify. I do not think we necessarily need more playable races or factions. Given we can create aliens of nearly every biped type it isn't necessary to make every canon race a playable one or a faction. I simply agree they should be represented as NPCs, plot foils, and story lines. Making character abilities to reflect the various race abilities for each canon race and making them available then making costume skins to roll said character is sufficient.
Depends on whether they're going to expand the costume and trait options for aliens or not. Some species aren't important enough to merit being a separate race... but if you simply can't create them in the AlienGen, players are just out of luck.

The two races I suggested have somewhat unique looks and, if given the right traits, could make up for the fact that the KDF don't have playable Ferengi and can't benefit from the vendor discount. I don't think I'd want one, but somebody else might.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 55
11-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
Indeed, however that was in 2285... And a lot can happen in 124 years, which lands us 2409, the time of which Star Trek Online is based.

They look cool, I want them (that's my only illogical human explanation I can give you)!

EDIT

Yes I don't see why not stoleviathan99...

I'm signing off for the day now, catch you all tomorrow!
They do look very cool! http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kasheeta I would at least like to have Xindi Missions they could even be time travel missions, I really wish Gorn were a playable faction, perhaps they could team up with the KDF, They would have their own ships though, they have some of the most unique ships in all sci fi. For now I have made decent Xindi reptillians and Xindi Arboreals as well as a Chalnoth - the protruding teeth and antedean - the sideways facing eyes and fin as well as some other canon races with custom alien tool
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 11-01-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Commander
# 56
11-02-2012, 12:50 AM
The OP votes have been updated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
(Is it really necessary to correct someone for a misspelling of a word when you obviously knew perfectly well what I meant. How incredibly arrogant. Bad form. -1 internets from you, sir.)
No need for the sarcasm I was simply seeking clarification (not using arrogance). There's no way I could know if you meant a different species or if you had made a spelling error. Thank you for the confirmation.

Last edited by kalecto; 11-02-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Captain
# 57
11-02-2012, 04:18 AM
I'd be in support of having the Sheliak, Chalnoth, or Talarians added. Maybe with unique ship designs for them (I'd love to see what they cook up for a species like the Sheliak). Also, a ship for the Ferasans.
Rihannsu
# 58
11-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Oooh! What would a Ferasna vessel look like? >D Maybe something like one of these: http://geminisector.wikidot.com/kcapital
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 59
11-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Oooh! What would a Ferasna vessel look like? >D Maybe something like one of these: http://geminisector.wikidot.com/kcapital
As much as I would love to have a Ferasan ship in game (as I'm proud to be the leader of the largest Ferasan fleet in game), that's off topic.

Interesting thought though.

EDIT

The OP votes have been updated...
Rihannsu
# 60
11-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Oooh.... Here's one people may have forgotten, Chameloids! Chameloids were known to live near KDF space in the TOS era. It'd definately add a fun new twist to the KDF.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.