Career Officer
# 61
11-02-2012, 12:14 PM
I want Klingon Pakleds.

So I can do my Kharndingo char. :p

All hail QEW!

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Empire Veteran
# 62
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Children of San-Tarah
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 63
11-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Children of San-Tarah
I think you'll have to elaborate for those who don't know the Gorkon novels.
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I would like to have Andorians in the KDF. Followers of the old warlike traditions and the old religion.
Andorians are in many ways like Klingons. They like hand to hand combat to settle issues. The Andorian ships are in many ways like Klingon ships, designed with an emphasize on firepower.
So yeah, Andorians.
Captain
# 65
11-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
As much as I would love to have a Ferasan ship in game (as I'm proud to be the leader of the largest Ferasan fleet in game), that's off topic.

Interesting thought though.

EDIT

The OP votes have been updated...
You left out the no votes.
Community Moderator
# 66
11-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
You left out the no votes.
Voting "No" to new playable species is irrelevant. Simply not voting means that the number for the chosen species do not go up, hence there is no need to add "no" votes to the results. Cryptic can simply see which species has the highest vote vs. the lowest vote. Alternatively the community manager can read the thread and pass on any feedback to the Star Trek Online development team.

EDIT

The OP votes have been updated...
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.

Last edited by kalecto; 11-02-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Captain
# 67
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Even though the Son'a are a dying race, their ships and tech are pretty cool, and they are powerful enough have to other races in servitude. I can see how they could benefit the KDF.

The Satarrans use of sabotage and infiltration wouldn't appeal to a lot of Klingon's, but "There is no greater Honour than Victory" so a place in the empire would be feasible. Plus that's a damn awesome makeup job. I want them in the game somehow.

I know everyone is saying that the Insectoids and the Reptilians should join the KDF and the Feds get the rest of the Xindi. But I really really want a giant bug on my ship. I think a reasonable compromise would be: Both sides can get all the Xindi races, but only the KDF gets Xindi ships.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 68
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Out of the choices given I would pick these three:

1 Andorian - honorable aggressive and militaristic would fit right in to the KDF
2 Xindi Insectoid - I have mixed feelings would be neat aesthetically but their level of deceit and treachery would fit more with the Romulans
3 Hirogen - aggressive hunters again they would fit well with the KDF

I definitely do not want these three:

1 Antedean - blech just no...
2 Suliban - again - ugh just no on every level.
3 Sheliak - no Klingon would ever get along with this obnoxious species they are as repulsive as Ferengi

Other comments:
Not sure why the Gorn are listed since they are already in the Empire. I would definitely like the TOS style of character model back as an optional choice, my Gorn would like to look more authentic and a lot less like godzilla and the same goes for my Gorn BOffs.

The Fek'ihri might be nice but it would depend on the specific species, in game there are something like 4 or 5 racial types listed as part of the Fek'ihri hordes. Some look cool others just look like goofy escapees from some fantasy mmo. Just depends...

And as others have said - The Children of San-Tarah would be a perfect choice to add in!

Last edited by daharmasterklag; 11-02-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 69
11-02-2012, 09:35 PM
My votes (three wasn't it?).

One for the Xindi-insectoids (because I think they look different from virtually everything else and I just simply like them).
One vote for the Talarian, which is due to their social structure.
One vote for the Children of San-Tarah if possible

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Children_of_San-Tarah

Last edited by startux; 11-02-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Commander
# 70
11-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Something less bestial, more refined, but more oriented toward the KDF's style of play (marauding, etc).

Weirdly, the mental image that comes to mind is like... 'vampires'. Probably allied to the KDF out of convenience, not out of any particular attraction.

I can't think of any good races from Trek cannon that might actually suit, but that's never stopped the Trek writers before, anyway. Make something up! Give their ships a far less.. utilitarian and brutalist design than KDF's standard. More similar to, say, the Federation in their relatively clean, simplistic design style.

I'd probably make them avians of some type and make their ships all whispering gossamer.

The issue I have with all the currently listed species is that with the exception of, say, the Sheliak they're basically the same, with the same attitudes. I think it gets kind of tiresome to have the KDF basically stuck as a gang of brutal thugs.

We need more refined thugs.