Ensign
# 11
11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Having gotten both Mirror Science Vessels, I can say that thus far I am pretty happy with both of them, as they have the Boff slots I was looking for (Comm. Sci and Lt. Comm. Sci) as well as a bunch of other requirements I personally wanted.

I did get them primarily for the fleet actions, some of which seem pretty welcoming to sci abilities that involve healing and Crowd Control, and from my experience, they do it to the point where I can feel satisfied with it.
Ensign
# 12
11-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I posted about this a while back. I do love the Mirror ships (especially now that we can have the I.S.S. prefix), but one problem I have is with the assault cruiser. If you buy the regant variant, you can use that
on your MU cruiser, but you can't use the Riker console that comes with it. What is equally vexing is that if you have a mirror assault cruiser and a regent variant, you can use the mirror skin on your regent variant and use the Riker console, but you can't use the I.S.S. prefix. It's minor, but annoying. Hopefully they will change this. Also, it would have been nice if they put the actual Terran Empire emblem on the ship and not just the yellow paint job. Come on guys, is that hard? Here's hoping for a Mirror Dreadnought!
Joe
Commander
# 13
11-02-2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
Thing to note is though Mirror in this game was supposed to be opposite of the Prime yet Mirror recon and deep space are the same.
They're opposites of each other, same as the mirror star cruiser and assault cruiser.
Captain
# 14
11-02-2012, 09:04 AM
No their not, there still science ships
Career Officer
# 15
11-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
No their not, there still science ships
They're, in both cases.
----
Captain
# 16
11-03-2012, 10:10 AM
The Assault and Star Cruisers are reversed in mirror so all prime tac oriented ships should be science oriented in Mirror and vice versa. That's the route Cryptic started so should stay true to that.
Career Officer
# 17
11-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Well, appreciate all the feedback (I wont lie, I actually forgot about this post of mine)

Either way, I went and purchased the Terran Mirror Star Cruiser in the end. Seemed more practical, save having to wait to build up 200,000 Dilithium for it; especially with dilithium waving us goodbye come season 7.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
11-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Something I found out the other day ( I had the Mirror RSV in my bank ) I upened my Mirror RSV... it looked like my DSSV but gave me the Mirror Material.... a couple weeks later I broke down and got the Fleet DSSV... and while Customizing it I saw that I could apply the Mirror Material to my Fleet DSSV... now I wish I could put the ISS prefix on my Fleet DSSV but all in all I used the Fleet DSSV, With the Mirror Material and the Andromeda Paint layout (for lack of a better term) painted the Andromeda parts Purple and now I have a Fleet DSSV with LSU colors on it..... GEAUX Tigers !!!

Still wish I could put the ISS prefix on the ship though
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 19
11-12-2012, 09:27 PM
You want to see a cool skin on a ship. The Assault Mirror Cruiser is compatible with the Regent class. The two things are made for eachother. The Regent looks totally bada## in mirror livery.!
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...

Last edited by rustiswordz; 11-12-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Captain
# 20
11-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I personally find the Mirror Vor'cha to be interesting, but not quite my can of worms, not enough tactical options (hence why I fly a Tor'Kaht)
Well, compared to the standard-universe Vor'cha, the mirror one lose an ensign tactical and gains an ensign science... Just my opinion, but I feel like low-level science has WAY more impact on your game performance than low-level tactical for a cruiser. I went with polarize hull for mine, escape tractors and stacks with aux2sif and subspace field modulator to boost damage resistance to crazy levels if things get crazy.

(Tractor beams are also extremely useful and multi-role)

Anyway, I heartily recommend Mirror Battlecruiser (Vor'cha) for cruisery types that want a few more survivability options. The skin is also much nicer than the Fed one.