Commander
# 1 Season 7 today maybe???????
11-01-2012, 07:09 AM
The latest patch is 4 hours as you know.
However,the patch itself seems to me to be abit small for 4 hours down time.
Also, that mission hearts and minds always seems to be before a new season is out.
It is a gamble i know,but unless i am wrong,it will be season 7 today as a guess.
Any thoughts??????
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
I woul guess they do other stuff that is not visible to the players, such as work on the network infrastructure, add new servers, exchange hardware of some kind, that kind of thing.

Season 7 will very likely not start before there has been a Tribble Test Weekend.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 4
11-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Not going to happen today. The patch notes for holodeck don't say anything about Season 7 and there is a new patch today. The Tribble Test Weekend has still not happened yet and the devs stated that the current tribble build is not the most recent build they are using. There is at least some changes to the New Romulus map and a missing planet in one of the new patrol missions that need to be fixed first.
Captain
# 5
11-01-2012, 07:15 AM
In like 2 weeks...
Career Officer
# 6
11-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Hopefully the last day of November at the earliest! There are way too many issues. In some areas, the game repeatedly crashes but stull like that has never stopped Cryptic from turning Holodeck into a test server.
Commander
# 7
11-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Oh heck. and i was really hoping. However 4 hours for a small patch. that does not add up.
Call it wishful thinking if you like.

Last edited by chaz200565; 11-01-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
11-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi,

To enter the debate I am wondering at the possibility of season 7 launch.

As soon as Star Wars The Old Republic was announced to be going free to play in NOVEMBER I told a friend two days before season 7 announcement that there would be update in November. Coincidence... I think not.

At the time there was a lot of talk about shuttle bays on starbases and shuttle missions and the shuttle racing uniform just released so I thought it would be adding shuttles as a bigger part of the game. Something Devs had been talking about.

So when is SWTOR going free to play because for some at least of those who play WoW for instance have been drawn away by a new update. However playable if SWTOR is free now then there will be a push on season 7 imo as I beleive the timing was related to this. I didn't find an update on times for SWTOR FTP but would say look at season 7 being released to combat potential loss of customers.

As for tribble test whilst it has been a tradition there is nothing written in stone that there has to be one. Also it was firmly announced that Vesta would be avaliable with season 7 launch and has now been revealed in Dev blog which normally precedes a release.

4 Hours does seem an awfully long time for a maintenance update 'minor fix'. As it is only 205 minutes to wait...
Career Officer
# 9
11-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Hearts and Minds feels a little spooky and eery (apparently) so it is a little mission bump for when it is a Friday the 13th (last time it was available) and Halloween. Nothing to do with Season releases just coincidence with dates.
Career Officer
# 10
11-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Well, I got done with my STF conversions shortly before the server went down - figured since S7 could drop at any time now, this was the time to do it.

Didn't get much Dilithium out of the EDCs and Proto/Rare Salvage (52,000) but I did get a second complete set of MACO Mk XII for my Chimera (saving me 100k +), a full set of AntiProton Mk XII DHCs and Turrets (160k?) and two pieces of Mk XII Omega ground (66k?) - since if I'd kept all this stuff there's no way in hell Cryptic would've given me 380,000+ Dilithium in the changeover I consider this a pretty good return.

That was on my main - I've still got plenty of Proto Tech/Salvage and EDCs on my other two alts, but since they're pretty much fully specced and I have no need for any extra weapons/space/ground sets, if S7 does hit today (which I think is unlikely) then I'll be curious to see what the conversion's like for them.

Hopefully though I'll have time to convert all their stuff too since I suspect I'm going to need the Dilithium...
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 11-01-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Closed Thread