# 11
11-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Two weeks today, yeah
Captain
# 12
11-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Well, I got done with my STF conversions shortly before the server went down - figured since S7 could drop at any time now, this was the time to do it.

Didn't get much Dilithium out of the EDCs and Proto/Rare Salvage (52,000) but I did get a second complete set of MACO Mk XII for my Chimera (saving me 100k +), a full set of AntiProton Mk XII DHCs and Turrets (160k?) and two pieces of Mk XII Omega ground (66k?) - since if I'd kept all this stuff there's no way in hell Cryptic would've given me 380,000+ Dilithium in the changeover I consider this a pretty good return.

That was on my main - I've still got plenty of Proto Tech/Salvage and EDCs on my other two alts, but since they're pretty much fully specced and I have no need for any extra weapons/space/ground sets, if S7 does hit today (which I think is unlikely) then I'll be curious to see what the conversion's like for them.

Hopefully though I'll have time to convert all their stuff too since I suspect I'm going to need the Dilithium...
I haven't converted yet myself but based on the current Tribble iteration I'd say you absolutely made the right call. The dil prices for former STF stuff right now are positively insane.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 13
11-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I haven't converted yet myself but based on the current Tribble iteration I'd say you absolutely made the right call. The dil prices for former STF stuff right now are positively insane.
There's no doubt in my mind that people who hang on to this stuff are going to get shafted - it happened with the emblems->dilithium conversion and it's going to happen again here.

And whilst Cryptic went some way to softening the blow with the emblems (i.e. the veteran Boffs), it wasn't much of a consolation to those who lost out big.

They were never exactly generous when the game was pay-to-play, since F2P they've become positively miserly. Get what you can whilst you still can
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lieutenant
# 14
11-01-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm glad it is not the s7 upgrade, it gives me chance to get some of my toons the borg stf gear before they turn it into a ridiculous grind fest.
Career Officer
# 15
11-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepiduk View Post
I'm glad it is not the s7 upgrade, it gives me chance to get some of my toons the borg stf gear before they turn it into a ridiculous grind fest.
Yeah, if you don't have it - get it! Double EDCs on Cure missions today mean you could get a complete set in just 4 Elite STFs
Career Officer
# 16
11-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepiduk View Post
Don't know about the STF gear but I've certainly used some of the EDC's I've gathered recently to obtain the Borg DOFF's currently available via Roxy/the Omega Office on DS9, since there has been no mention (so far as I am aware) of said DOFF's being available subsequent to season 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 17
11-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Don't know about the STF gear but I've certainly used some of the EDC's I've gathered recently to obtain the Borg DOFF's currently available via Roxy/the Omega Office on DS9, since there has been no mention (so far as I am aware) of said DOFF's being available subsequent to season 7.
Yep. All my characters have at least one each of the two purple and two blue Doffs. The purple's aren't cheap but what else are you gonna spend surplus EDCs on?

*Edit* rumor has it these Doffs will be reappearing in a Doff pack at some point - whether that's true or not, time will tell but if they do, it'll either be in lockboxes or via the Lobi store I suspect...

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 11-01-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Career Officer
# 18 dout it
11-01-2012, 08:52 AM
like others were saying, I really dont think that season 7 will be out to day. thers not been a test of it on tribble yet, so no not today..
SELVECK
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 19
11-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Nope

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Closed Thread