Commander
A few weeks ago there was a long thread that got trolled to death about a rumor the Fed side was going to get the Plasmonic Leech console in the Temporal Lockbox.

The rage was over the fact that the Feds would then have both the MACO shield proc and the Plasmonic Leech proc, making their power levels absurdly high and, indirectly, nerfing the use of the Plasmonic Leech console by the KDF.

It didn't happen. Instead Feds got the Isometric Charge.

HOWEVER...

In Season 7 both factions are gaining access to the others STF gear. (If I had the link i'd show you the dev post saying so)

I'll say that again. Feds are getting access to the Honor Guard gear (called Adapted MACO or somesuch thing) and the KDF are getting access to the MACO SHIELD!

So now its on the other foot. The KDF players will have access to the MACO shield and the Plasmonic Leech at the same time, ensuring they are on the recieving end of the absurd power levels they were complaining about the Feds possibly getting weeks ago.

What I want to know is why isn't the KDF forum jumping for joy over this news? Or failing that, in uproar over the further unbalance this creates in pvp. Are you now all quiet because this time it benefits you?
Captain
# 2
11-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Maybe the Vesta is the counterbalance to the KDF 'gift', or perhaps the devs plan is to give the Feds the leech in the future.

Maybe it's an attempt at KDF player retention.

KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Rihannsu
# 3
11-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
perhaps the devs plan is to give the Feds the leech in the future.
In ask cryptic, don't remember which, they said that they like the idea to share consoles, so I suppose it will be shared too.
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Since they are releasing the STF sets to both factions in the future I would think the PL is soon bound for fed hands.

Frankly, I do not agree with the whole " everybody has access to everything" idea of balance.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Roach, I second the dislike of "everything for all" idea, soon it will just be a formality of UI color....
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Agreed on giving everything to everyone. (Namely in that I don't like it)

I will say, I do find it extremely ironic that this is happening. I mean we were all worried about Feds getting the Leech (and they still might), only for US to get the MACO shield of all things.

Lt. Commander
# 7
11-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Is it really "everybody has access to everything" when the feds get a ****load more ships?
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Since they are releasing the STF sets to both factions in the future I would think the PL is soon bound for fed hands.

Frankly, I do not agree with the whole " everybody has access to everything" idea of balance.
Once again I am forced to agree with my esteemed colleage...
Having a uniqeness about different factions is what it's about...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-01-2012, 10:42 AM
It's not going to happen, at least before a few weeks. Let's bet on a severe nerf of the plasmonic leech console. I'd rather see a nerf of the maco shield though, the leech could bring more life to other sets people don't use much.

Even if I don't like the cross faction stuff, it's very unlikely devs suddenly see that they are killing the kdf faction by giving all the toys to the opposite side without giving players the ability to start a klingon as main char.
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Frankly the PL has been nerfed enough.
Its easy to protect against it by skilling Insulators, it doesn't stack anymore with other PL's on the same target and if your skilled to resist drain the most you may see in drain from it is - 5 points.

Nerf it anymore and it becomes another useless console not used by anyone.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.