Captain
# 41
11-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Errr... can I have cookies?

Welcome aboard. Just try not to mess things up, learn from your cheesiest colleague about posting on the forums, and you'll be fine. *grins*

Oh, and TRY TO AVOID SECTION 31!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
11-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Sean,

Welcome aboard! You're in a good place; there are plenty of other former or displaced CoH people here, including me. Glad to see you've landed on your feet working on a game many of us enjoy (even though we may be critical at times - it means we care ).

Cheers!

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Career Officer
# 43
11-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderander View Post
I have played Star Trek Online! I have a level 50 Fed and I'm working on my Klingon (Gorn!) now.
From one fellow Gorn play to another, I really hope you're enjoying the Gorn ingame.

If ya don't mine me inquiring, which type of Gorn do ya have? Retro Gorn or New Gorn?

I've always been fond of the Retro Gorn, but I reckon thats in due part to the one I started with.
Career Officer
# 44
11-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
I have played Star Trek Online! I have a level 50 Fed and I'm working on my Klingon (Gorn!) now.
So it is not "Commander" Ander but "Vice Admiral" Ander, good for you!

But i fear you already made too many promises because CONTENT... that is something we don't get around these parts.
At least not the kind of content that we want, the one that includes STORY.
Like, you know, Episode Missions / Featured Episodes / Klingon specific Missions.

For you as new player it must be like Disney Land right now with all the missions in STO.
But i dare you to take a look at the release-dates of the last say 30 Story Missions... and then imagine you had been here all that time.

If you even can find 30 over the last 3 years that is!

You can pretty much imagine the STO playerbase in your head as a bunch of Zombies but instead of BRAAAAINS they want COOOONTENT.

Anyway happy to see a new Content Dev, lets just hope the all mighty schedule won't force you to do more 10 minute queue grind maps without Story.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 45
11-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captan2er0 View Post
From one fellow Gorn play to another, I really hope you're enjoying the Gorn ingame.

If ya don't mine me inquiring, which type of Gorn do ya have? Retro Gorn or New Gorn?

I've always been fond of the Retro Gorn, but I reckon thats in due part to the one I started with.
I have a new Gorn, but I might have to roll up a retro one, too! My decision for Gorn was partially because my fiancee loved TOS episode featuring the Gorn ("I shall be merciful, and quick!"). My fate was sealed when I saw they were a playable species.
Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
Captain
# 46
11-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
I have a new Gorn, but I might have to roll up a retro one, too! My decision for Gorn was partially because my fiancee loved TOS episode featuring the Gorn ("I shall be merciful, and quick!"). My fate was sealed when I saw they were a playable species.
Welcome Commanderander!

I hope that your fiancee loves the KDF!

I sincerely hope you are working on my faction

PS Please push them over there to update the Foundry with epic assets already!!! I have an 5-episodic mission waiting.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-01-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Career Officer
# 47
11-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
I was! Also, I just discovered the forum rule that a message needs to be at least ten characters. We're all learning things today.
Please, whatever you do, don't reuse the same 10 maps over and over - spice it up and create new ones. (Yes, I played CoH for many years.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 48
11-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captan2er0 View Post

I've got to support this. I have a retro Gorn also but the skin isn't my only want for a return. The original color options for the retro Gorn need to return as well. My one Gorn toon, Albino Dino, is albino colored under the old skin and colors but there is nothing close on the new Gorn. Below is a screenshot from last year with the quoted posters retro Gorn, Rex.

Rex (left) and Albino Dino (right)

Personally, the retro Gorm have a smerk to their look that I like. The new Gorn look dosile and unintelligent.
Community Moderator
# 49
11-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
I was! Also, I just discovered the forum rule that a message needs to be at least ten characters. We're all learning things today.
Clearly we've got a trouble maker here...I'll be watching you ;-)

Seriously though, welcome on board, it's great to see some of the Paragon team coming along to Cryptic, and you've got some serious pedigree there - I never played the signature arcs (well I think I played the first one actually up to episode 2) but the Task Forces in CoX were epic, truly epic, as was the Mission Architect.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Ensign
# 50
11-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I remember this cat from CoH. Welcome to the nut house. Like 1st poster said. Don your troll repellant. Cause now your dealing with an age old IP. These nuts flip out over tiny things. FYI