Lieutenant
# 61
11-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Seeing some new content would be a nice change, and I myself and many of my friends would also like it. I just wish the game was more like star trek. Most things don't make any sense. But welcome to the game, hope you bring something more than just hope....
Community Moderator
# 62
11-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Welcome to STO!

I was a former CoH player myself for years before I defected to STO as a subscriber. (Please don't hold that against me!)

I liked Mission Architect and I have to say that even though I think the Foundry is a better tool in some ways I would sure like to see some of that functionality replicated -- especially new objective types and NPC behaviors. (That might not be your area of responsibility, this I understand. No worries.)

Just to echo what others have said, we love to see Dev posts on the forums and we love giving feedback... some of us are just... less social about it, shall we say?

Please keep your sense of humor and flame-retardant underoos on, never commit to anything that's not 100% going to happen, and know that the Community really does want you here and engaged on the forums. We've got lots of ideas we hope you'll at least listen to, and we really, really, really want more story-based mission content to do!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Empire Veteran
# 63
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderander View Post

If you were a fan of my work on City of Heroes, then I hope my work on STO will exceed your expectations.

Loved City of Heroes/Villians. SOrry to see it go.
Welcome aboard.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 64
11-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Content designers are always welcome.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Lieutenant
# 65
11-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Welcome aboard!

Here is my best guess of the development schedule for each STO season in 3min 30sec
STO work plan

You can skip to about 1:50sec for how S7 is shaping up!

PS. Drop that gorn and go klingon all the way!
------------------------------------
Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
Career Officer
# 66
11-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Nice to see an old City of Heroes developer.

I was in the Supergroup with Gail Simone and Mercedes Lackey there. They both tried STO but didn't stick around.

I believe I was the first hero mastermind. Well before Going Rogue. A few people snuck across zone lines before me but I was actually flagged as a hero and had an entourage of a few dozen other players. Took about a month for Cryptic to figure out how to fix the character.

I'd suggest getting into Podcast UGC and talking to Foundry authors. You know your profession and your tools, obviously, but I think the toolset here has led to a lot of us having some really advanced discussion on mission flow and design, particularly the irregularities of how that applies to Star Trek.
Career Officer
# 67
11-01-2012, 02:16 PM
*whip*

No more posting get some content out to us fast, this game needs it *whip* lol

btw, welcome to sto.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Captain
# 68
11-01-2012, 02:42 PM
City of Heroes content developer acquisition. Versed in Episodic, STF, and Foundry type(equivalent) dealings.

This pleases me. *rapts fingers menacingly*
Captain
# 69
11-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Well fit you with a nice Le Kirk Tribble Toupe to cure that Gorn pattern baldness in no time.. Now we jsut nned somebodie to design a 2 teir equipment belt..

I mean how ya gonan catch them all like Sean Brody if you dotn have enough Storage
on the belt.. Pika?
Beware of Cloaked Romulans Bering Gifts
Captain
# 70
11-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the madhouse.

I hope you will take a look at the more well put together suggestions on these forums. Like this one.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.