Empire Veteran
With the release of the latest Federation ship, the Vesta, I thought I'd propose a cruiser-size counter vessel (or parallel at least) for the KDF. I don't know how much traction it will get, or if it will get ignored, but I thought I'd put it out there all the same:

Suvwl' QeH'-class Strike Carrier
Description: With the wars against the Federation and the Borg continuing to escalate, in addition to the mounting conflicts with the Undine and in Romulan space, losses have mounted within the Empire. While the military forces of the Empire remain a powerful fighting force, the High Council realized that they needed ships capable of not only of fulfilling multiple roles, but capable of carrying out significant operations alone and behind enemy lines if needed.

Towards that end, the High Council commissioned multiple design teams in competition to determine which type of vessel would best fulfill the Empire's needs. After significant simulations and testing, one team determined that the carrier's of the Empire where the best option to achieve this goal, however Fleet carriers were too large and incapable of operating without support, while the smaller Flight Deck Cruisers fielded by the Orions lacked the needed firepower.

The end result was a hybrid craft they called, the Strike Carrier, a vessel that combines much of the forward firepower of a Destroyer, with the additional support capabilities of a light carrier. The vessel far surpassed its competition and was officially approved by the High Council soon after. Called the Suvwl' QeH' (Warrior's Anger) class, this powerful warship stands ready to undertake any mission that the Empire might face.

Stats:
-Crew:500
-Shield Modifier: 1.2
-Hull Strength: 26,500
-Device Slots: 3
-Weapons: 4 Fore, 2 Aft
-Bridge Officers: 1 Lt. Tactical, 1 Lt. Engineering, 1 Cmdr Science, 1 Lt. Cmdr. Universal, 1 Ensign Universal
-Base Turn Rate: 13
-Impulse Modifier: 0.20
-1 Hangar Bay (small craft ONLY)
-Cloaking Device
-Can Equip Cannons
-Power: +10 Weapons, +5 Auxiliary
-Consoles: 3 Engineering, 3 Science, 4 Tactical

Conclusion:
As I said this is meant to be a counter or parallel to the Vesta, and everything here would be for a base model. If it were to actually go through then hopefully we'd get 3 variants with differences in power bonuses and console layout, as well as some special consoles.

Anyway, what do yall think?

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here

Last edited by therealsivar; 11-05-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: typos
Captain
# 2
11-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Great stats, why did you settle on a ship with a distinct pivot point issue? Why not the Vor'cha?

e.g.

Fore

Angle

Exothermal Blast Shutters active

Its a marriage between three iconic designs - Vor'cha, K'Tinga, & Raptor

Some console ideas:

TAC: Ty'Go'Hor Incursion Strike Team - summons a Fleet support vessel without any hull damage restriction at any time.

ENG: Exothermal Blast Shutters - KDF version of Ablative armour except that torps/ mines are unaffected.

SCI: Cloaked Sonic Cluster Mines - Mines cannot be targeted. 3 sec to activation. Similar effect to CPB with proc to cause subsystem targeting.

3-set bonus - Innate Rapid-fire HYT Hybrid Polaron Torpedo (Similar to the D'Deridex torps just faster )

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-01-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I like it.
I think it'll be a welcome addition to the KDF
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Great stats, why did you settle on a ship with a distinct pivot point issue? Why not the Vor'cha?
I thought about that, but I didn't want to push anymore on a ship that has 3 distinct layouts already (T4, T5, and the Fleet variant). Ultimately saying Raptors was just to emphasize what the ship's hybrid design came from, not to get the bad pivot of the Qin into the picture.

I fixed it in the OP to say Destroyer instead of Raptor.

Captain
# 5
11-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsivar View Post
I thought about that, but I didn't want to push anymore on a ship that has 3 distinct layouts already (T4, T5, and the Fleet variant). Ultimately saying Raptors was just to emphasize what the ship's hybrid design came from, not to get the bad pivot of the Qin into the picture.

I fixed it in the OP to say Destroyer instead of Raptor.
Thanks bud no disrespect. Hope you liked some of my additions
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-01-2012, 03:08 PM
interesting , i do like the console ideas

id consider coming up with a two-set bonus though as well
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Some console ideas:

TAC: Ty'Go'Hor Incursion Strike Team - summons a Fleet support vessel without any hull damage restriction at any time.

ENG: Exothermal Blast Shutters - KDF version of Ablative armour except that torps/ mines are unaffected.

SCI: Cloaked Sonic Cluster Mines - Mines cannot be targeted. 3 sec to activation. Similar effect to CPB with proc to cause subsystem targeting.

3-set bonus - Innate Rapid-fire HYT Hybrid Polaron Torpedo (Similar to the D'Deridex torps just faster )
Hmm, nice set of ideas, what do you think about:

Tac: Cloaked Heavy Plasma Mine - A large, cloaked mine that detonates only on command from the deploying ship (or after 45 seconds). Explosive force of the mine reaches out 6 km and ships caught in the blast radius are left with a powerful damage over time debuff (functions like the ground Eng kit ability).

Eng: Automated Support Satellite - A fully automated support satellite, equipped with a Hazard Pulse Emitter; repairing all craft within 5km of the satellite over time and clearing all hazard debuffs.

Sci: Exothermal Blast Shutters - What you said

3-set bonus Enhanced CIC - The latest warships in the Imperial fleet have the benefit of experienced Flight officers brought in from previous carriers, allowing for improved coordination and performance of the carrier's strike craft.
  • +50% Accuracy, Defense, Speed and Weapon Damage for To'Duj/S'kul fighters

Captain
# 8
11-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsivar View Post
Hmm, nice set of ideas, what do you think about:

Tac: Cloaked Heavy Plasma Mine - A large, cloaked mine that detonates only on command from the deploying ship (or after 45 seconds). Explosive force of the mine reaches out 6 km and ships caught in the blast radius are left with a powerful damage over time debuff (functions like the ground Eng kit ability).

Eng: Automated Support Satellite - A fully automated support satellite, equipped with a Hazard Pulse Emitter; repairing all craft within 5km of the satellite over time and clearing all hazard debuffs.

Sci: Exothermal Blast Shutters - What you said

3-set bonus Enhanced CIC - The latest warships in the Imperial fleet have the benefit of experienced Flight officers brought in from previous carriers, allowing for improved coordination and performance of the carrier's strike craft.
  • +50% Accuracy, Defense, Speed and Weapon Damage for To'Duj/S'kul fighters
Oh please make it so!
Captain
# 9
11-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:

e.g.

Fore

Angle

Exothermal Blast Shutters active

Its a marriage between three iconic designs - Vor'cha, K'Tinga, & Raptor

Some console ideas:

Holy crap...I don't know what that model is, but it looks cool as hell. I'd love to see that in-game!
Rihannsu
# 10
11-02-2012, 01:45 AM
I LOVE EVERYTHING about this! Especially the "Automated Support Satellite" and "Exothermal Blast Shutters". Also, I assume you'd have the Aux DHC cannons like the Vesta but in disrupter form?