Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
11-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I'm kind of baffled at all the sudden hysteria about this board, is there even that much activity to begin with? Did I miss something?

I probably account for half the posts/traffic alone, lol
Look at all the subforums in a row, PVP is directly below PVE, look at the number of threads & posts in relation to each other, we talk a LOT more then PVE'ers do, despite being DRASTICALLY outnumbered by them. Why? Because they have nothing to complain about, they have nothing to work out as it's all given to them, and they have no reason to work together for anything.
Captain
# 12
11-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Look at all the subforums in a row, PVP is directly below PVE, look at the number of threads & posts in relation to each other, we talk a LOT more then PVE'ers do, despite being DRASTICALLY outnumbered by them. Why? Because they have nothing to complain about, they have nothing to work out as it's all given to them, and they have no reason to work together for anything.
Fair enough, it's just the boards where I typically frequent are a hell of a lot more active (and the language is both a lot more... salty and less intelligible).

It's just odd to cast it as though we're all turning on each other when the community is pretty much in complete agreement over the problems with the game. The board is mad at Cryptic, not at other posters.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 13
11-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Posts like these are part of the problem. You are creating division between those who enjoy one aspect of the game over another. In addition you are indirectly attacking and insulting a large portion of the playerbase. And for what, {sarcasm} so you can feel better about your mad leet PvP skills in a P2W MMO? {/sarcasm}. What purpose did your post serve?
Career Officer
# 14
11-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Fair enough, it's just the boards where I typically frequent are a hell of a lot more active (and the language is both a lot more... salty and less intelligible).

It's just odd to cast it as though we're all turning on each other when the community is pretty much in complete agreement over the problems with the game. The board is mad at Cryptic, not at other posters.
Totally, I've been on forums that are a lot less savory, we're united in the fact that Cryptic neglects us, lies to us, pretends we don't pay our dues, give constructive feedback or know what we're talking about.

If they want that to change then give us some developers that have PVP in their best interests and WANT to improve that sorry shape that it's in.
Captain
# 15
11-04-2012, 09:36 AM
V. Status and behavior

Status is the idea I was trying to get across in my first post that I think I didn't really explain well enough.

In these forums we're all nobodies. Most people are polite when you first encounter them, but I argue that your status in a social group is what motivates you to stay polite when things turn ugly.

That's why I'm asking for something, reputation if you can swing it with this format, if not something else, to get people invested.

VI. Tags and Titles

If a massive reputation reporting system is too much to implement, how about just some icons and a bit of text?

If somebody writes a guide that gets stickied, give them a tag.

If somebody organizes an event like a PvP tournament or a mentor program, give them an icon.

If somebody runs a PvP tournament and they notify the mods about who won, they could get a little icon, maybe even one that reflects which format they won (1v1, 5v5).

If this goes into effect the first thing that should be done is somebody marches over to Hilbert's account and gives him some kind of title. I mean, he should basically be on retainer and have a zen or refined dil stipend, so can't he at least get a bit of text or some pixels reflecting what he does? We could open a whole thread to come up with his forum title, I'll open the bidding with "Vice-Admiral ACTbar."

My whole purpose with these suggestions is to make it easier for devs to use the forum as a tool. The animosity from PvP'ers gets in the way of that. I don't need to be acknowledged by devs because I ride the coat-tails of the skeptic min/max'ers. When Hilbert enters a conversation I shut up and listen, and recognition of him and those like him would send a message to the community in general that the best of us are valued and acknowledged.
Career Officer
# 16
11-04-2012, 10:48 AM
That sounds like waaay too much potential hard work that may get in the way of the next lockbox. Shame on you, sir!