Captain
Season 7 is shaping up to be amazing. There is only one major part of the system that I would like to give feedback on, rewards.

STF
With the increase in Dilithium reward I think that aspect of it is spot on. Because I'll be honest right now (S6) STFs are giving out too much dilitium compared to other content and this will make it just right IMHO.

The only problem left is the optional reward. It is kind of reduntant. I mean the faster you complete the STF the more Marks per Hour/Time you will earn and the optional increases it even further making it like a double dip so to speak. A great team will earn marks twice as fast as a crappy/average one.

Instead I would recommend that a loot bag drops for every player with the same loot table (sans techs) that we get now at the end of an STF.

Tau Dewa Sector/Daily
These missions are well designed and fun. They also have very little reward aside from the marks. Players are used to getting 480 dil for killing 5 groups of enemies and with this we get less than 50 and 10 marks which seems low to me. Would it be game breaking to allow each of the 'mini missions' to reward between 50-250 dilithium for each in addition to the daily? This is no more than what a doff assignment rewards. This would also encourage me to continue playing them after I finish off the romulan reputation grind.

S6 Fleet Mark Missions
It seems the new standard for Queue content is that of double rewards. STFs will give dil and marks. Romulan gives two types of marks. I think this would be a great time to add a small dilithium reward to the fleet mark missions to encourage their play. Actually I just got struck with an idea of pure genius from this!!!

Remove all Dilithium costs from fleet projects. Replace them with a 'Fleet Unreplicatable Material' cost where each of those items represents say 500 dilithium and allow them to be purchased for that cost. Then have those items drop in the Fleet Mark missions! That would rock!
Captain
# 2
11-02-2012, 09:32 AM
DIlithium rewards should be halved again, across the board.

I want to see dilithium hit 25D per C-point.
Lieutenant
# 3
11-02-2012, 09:37 AM
dilithium rewards are not gone there just moved to the reputation system so you earnin half for every stf you do and on top of that you have a project that rewards you 1000 dilithium and people are not understanding that
Career Officer
# 4
11-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
{snip} Instead I would recommend that a loot bag drops for every player with the same loot table (sans techs) that we get now at the end of an STF.

Tau Dewa Sector/Daily
These missions are well designed and fun. They also have very little reward aside from the marks. Players are used to getting 480 dil for killing 5 groups of enemies and with this we get less than 50 and 10 marks which seems low to me. Would it be game breaking to allow each of the 'mini missions' to reward between 50-250 dilithium for each in addition to the daily? This is no more than what a doff assignment rewards. This would also encourage me to continue playing them after I finish off the romulan reputation grind.

S6 Fleet Mark Missions
It seems the new standard for Queue content is that of double rewards. STFs will give dil and marks. Romulan gives two types of marks. I think this would be a great time to add a small dilithium reward to the fleet mark missions to encourage their play. Actually I just got struck with an idea of pure genius from this!!!

Remove all Dilithium costs from fleet projects. Replace them with a 'Fleet Unreplicatable Material' cost where each of those items represents say 500 dilithium and allow them to be purchased for that cost. Then have those items drop in the Fleet Mark missions! That would rock!
I like all of these ideas... immensely.

The biggest complaint I hear from people is the removal of all optional drops in STF's.

I also like the idea of adding small dilithium rewards to other missions... it give people an incentive to play new content, and can be seen as a bonus (a little PR never hurt anything). As Bareel recommends, it doesn't have to be huge gobs of dilithium...

I'm not sure what the Fleet Unreplicatable Materials will bring, other than a new step to take before donating. I'd rather see just a small dilithium bonus from the Fleet Marks events.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Career Officer
# 5
11-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megtrekkie View Post
dilithium rewards are not gone there just moved to the reputation system so you earnin half for every stf you do and on top of that you have a project that rewards you 1000 dilithium and people are not understanding that
The problem here is that you still can only make 8000 dil per day and the fact that every thing needs dil causes you to decide what is more important the fleet the embassy or your own reputation ,who cares how much ore we can get a day when everything here needs dil we are all going to fall short of our goals. Unless you spend real world money to buy dil.
Captain
# 6
11-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
I like all of these ideas... immensely.

The biggest complaint I hear from people is the removal of all optional drops in STF's.

I also like the idea of adding small dilithium rewards to other missions... it give people an incentive to play new content, and can be seen as a bonus (a little PR never hurt anything). As Bareel recommends, it doesn't have to be huge gobs of dilithium...

I'm not sure what the Fleet Unreplicatable Materials will bring, other than a new step to take before donating. I'd rather see just a small dilithium bonus from the Fleet Marks events.
It would hopefully keep players from being too selfish with their dil and instead donate it to their fleet as it would be useless to them directly. Granted I would personally rather they not do something like this as I'm in a solo fleet but it would theoretically help fleets.