Empire Veteran
# 121
11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
You know I was expecting worse. I had a good time, once I figured out how to find what I wanted which was not all that hard. I got a good amount of rommie marks, (128), I got a good amount of dil, (about 4k because I had a lot of those Klingon mini missions to turn in), I even got 25 fleet marks for testing one of the new Romulan fleet events. Even did a Tholian Red Alert. All said good times.

Wish it was a bit less grindy is my only major negative.

Oh some folks reported that deploying pets on Tribble led to a net increase in subsystem power. As I do not use pets I cannot verify this claim.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Career Officer
# 122
11-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I ran the ground portion Into the Hive on Elite with some of my friends today. From this, we discovered the private queue system is busted, as in the start button was greyed out for the instance creator (bug report #30,052). We tried swaping hosts multiple times before we just all teamed and jumped the queue.

Inside the map, we ran into massive lag spikes, and one person had to drop his settings to minimals to even play. I highly doubt the lag is intended, but I gathered that Into the Hive was disfunctional for my friend at the higher graphics settings.
Captain
# 123
11-04-2012, 03:10 PM
New Romulus is very laggy, even on the lowest settings.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 124
11-04-2012, 03:46 PM
No Omegas for finishing Hive Onslaught.

Got the Borg, got the two mini V'gers got the Queen's Diamond, also got no Omegas.

I did not have enough time to scan for lifeboats. Maybe that is why I did not get the Omegas. However it works out it's still a more than touch disappointing.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Ensign
...and liked the fact that I can choose to play for Fleet Marks or Items. Can't wait to start Season 7 and all the improvements on the Holodeck.

Capt. Christopher Love
Empire Veteran
# 126
11-04-2012, 04:19 PM
I really like the new queue. You really put effort into it and it shows. Lots of nice info in a nice streamlined format. that said I would like to complain that you took away the single best feature of the old queue. For those of us with limited time to play knowing how many are already queued for an event is crucial. Why the HECK did you take the very best feature of the old Queue OUT?
They taste the same.
Career Officer
# 127
11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Cut the fmv length in Hive Onslaught... It kinda kills the game momentum... Also I love the fmv when you first beam to New Romulus. Its little touches like that which make it great... Pan the camera slightly more to the left as the Romulan is hidden behindnthe Character in their last conversation before he beams up. Other than that very impressive!!
Ensign
New Romulas maps so far apart on foot. After getting the transport up I guess it wouldn't be an issue though.
Career Officer
# 129 Season 7 Tribble Feedback
11-05-2012, 09:53 AM
I played around with the new changes for Season 7 on Tribble and have a bit of feedback.

Most pressing is that I hope that we can have the reputation system as an account progression system and not a character unlock. I doubt I'm the only one who has a bit of replayability by enjoying the variety of having each character class for both factions. Since this system is set up to be balanced for the casual player over a time period of a few months, having 6x that would be rather terrible. I don't mind a little grind, but I don't feel the need to solo a starbase and I don't have a desire to grind up the same reputation systems for each character just because I garner some fun and replayability by switching classes.

The second is that I realize the reputation system is the wave of the future for new content/items, so it makes sense to rejigger the existing STF rewards to fit the new mold. However it would be much more palatable, and rather more sensical, to just require omega marks for reputation progression, rather than an added dilithium tax and a wacky variety of provisions/shileds/etc., to siphon off energy credits. A reputation system just eating up omega marks/romulan marks would be far more well received.
Rihannsu
# 130
11-05-2012, 10:02 AM
So now that the testing weekend is over, when can expect Season Seven to go live?
Closed Thread