Career Officer
I want to see the opinion of the pvp community about following:

A few seasons ago, the power system consoles (like the field emitter or plasma distribution manifold) were nerfed to give only half the amount of additional system power. This was done because in those times, power levels were very important, and the consoles were regarded to be too strong. However, things have developed with the seasons after this nerf.

Nowadays, DPS and heal strength / frequencies have increased. Also, resists are far more important now. And together with all the new p2w consoles, there is simply no room for these consoles what so ever. Prices on the exchange confirm this, as they are ridiculous low.
Purple MK XII give now +4 power.

I would propose that this is doubled again to +8. People who slot it actual benefit again from the extra power, while having to make compromises by leaving out other good consoles. Also with the coming changes on the borg retro set, and less people expected to use them, good additional power can be useful. It increases the possibility to make highly specialized builds.

Why these consoles exist anyway if nobody uses them.
Career Officer
# 2
11-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
I want to see the opinion of the pvp community about following:

A few seasons ago, the power system consoles (like the field emitter or plasma distribution manifold) were nerfed to give only half the amount of additional system power. This was done because in those times, power levels were very important, and the consoles were regarded to be too strong. However, things have developed with the seasons after this nerf.

Nowadays, DPS and heal strength / frequencies have increased. Also, resists are far more important now. And together with all the new p2w consoles, there is simply no room for these consoles what so ever. Prices on the exchange confirm this, as they are ridiculous low.
Purple MK XII give now +4 power.

I would propose that this is doubled again to +8. People who slot it actual benefit again from the extra power, while having to make compromises by leaving out other good consoles. Also with the coming changes on the borg retro set, and less people expected to use them, good additional power can be useful. It increases the possibility to make highly specialized builds.

Why these consoles exist anyway if nobody uses them.
They exist because this is a Cryptic game and makes no sense.

I remember the days they were like +7 and +8 points and at that time it already was questionable whether they were actually worth an engineer slot, now the highest you can get is +4 (Purple MK XII) and you're right, totally worthless.

Nobody would ever put these in their ships anymore except for testing. (thats what i use em for ^^)

So either buff them to like 10~ or remove them from the game. But I guess they are also for RP purposes and stuff, you know.
Commander
# 3
11-02-2012, 10:30 AM
I really liked the explanation that they were reduced because power levels were never meant to reach such heights... and then they released Leech, MACO, Team Batteries, and so on...

Cryptic ftw.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2012, 10:45 AM
They even admitted that it was an initially unintended side effect of the skill tree revamp that they then decided to keep because they wanted to stop peoplefrom getting too much power in their subsystems. (And then they introduced multisystem and team batteries...)
Rihannsu
# 5
11-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Now lets all repeat our feedback on this little point in a civilized and constructive matter.

S5 Dec 2011: Nerf Consoles, because "too much power in-game." S6 jan 2012: introduce team batteries (4x 125 power for your whole team), MACO., Leech.. WTF cryptic?
S7 Nov 2012 still no fix, or comment.

/please hold the line.
*engages cloak to return to forum warzone*
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 11-02-2012 at 10:58 AM.