Career Officer
# 1 Graphics Error
11-01-2012, 10:00 PM
While playing i frequently recieve,

"interal graphics driver was forced to shut down" this makes the whole window hiccup and then come back on. Then after 30min it crashed my entire computer.

Running
Intel i3 CPU M350@2.27GH
4GB Ram
Intel(R) HD graphics

Never have had a issue running the on Holodeck

Char - Stonewall@LordHarconan
Lifetime

This makes the game unplayable.

Last edited by earlofthar; 11-01-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: add info
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes I have the same problem. Same graphics card as well
Intel Pentium(R) P1600 @ 2.00GHz 2.00Ghz
Ram 4.00GB
Intel (R) HD Graphics

Screen blanks out repeatedly and eventually crashes the game and the computer freezes up. Seems to happen when I am in the new STFs. No error codes, nothing to tell me what is happening. I have to pull the power and restart to computer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I have found that reducing the graphics seems to help a little. However I visited New Romulus and the problem happened again. And reducing graphics is just a temp solution.
I HOPE!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2012, 10:26 PM
OK after updating my graphics drivers and reducing the graphics quality in game. I was able to play with it only sometimes blanking out on me. But not crashing. THIS IS NOT A FIX!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-03-2012, 04:08 PM
From a event log I got this: Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered
Career Officer
# 6
11-03-2012, 04:18 PM
It's nice to see others finally reporting this and from both camps. This is an issue on both ATI and nVidia hardware and is related to AntiAliasing. I don't design graphics drivers but it's not the first time Cryptic's poor coding has caused issues like this. Get it fixed! Until then (probably going to be a few years until they bother), 2x AA minimizes this issue.
Career Officer
# 7
11-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
It's nice to see others finally reporting this and from both camps. This is an issue on both ATI and nVidia hardware and is related to AntiAliasing. I don't design graphics drivers but it's not the first time Cryptic's poor coding has caused issues like this. Get it fixed! Until then (probably going to be a few years until they bother), 2x AA minimizes this issue.
These folks appear to be talking about onboard graphics. I didn't know that stuff could even run the game! Totally different. I had no issues whatsoever running either on my old graphics card, a Radeon HD 5870 with 2 gig DDR, or with my new card, MSI GTX 680 SC. Mind you, for the amount of money I spent on those cards, I'd BETTER not have any problems!
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Yes in my case it is a on board card. Since I am on a laptop. It had better not take them a couple of years!!! I bug them daily about it if I have to.
Commander
# 9
11-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1ace View Post
Yes I have the same problem. Same graphics card as well
Intel Pentium(R) P1600 @ 2.00GHz 2.00Ghz
Ram 4.00GB
Intel (R) HD Graphics

Screen blanks out repeatedly and eventually crashes the game and the computer freezes up. Seems to happen when I am in the new STFs. No error codes, nothing to tell me what is happening. I have to pull the power and restart to computer.
The exact thing happens to me computer...but only in mission maps.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Commander
# 10
11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1ace View Post
From a event log I got this: Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered
I got the same message. Have an Intel on-board graphics card too. But what really took the cake for me was the repeated crash on Tribble for New Romulus. It forced the computer to freeze up 30 secs then immediately shut down.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Closed Thread