Ensign
# 1 space weapons change?
11-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm trying to recall if i saw this or had a delusional dream about it but was there mention of examining space weapons and adding a kinetic bonus to beam weapons?

Which would allow beams to have a comparable role to cannons?
Captain
# 2
11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
There's a Borg 360 degree kinetic Cutter Beam weapon available, and the Borg tractor no longer deals kinetic damage unless the target has been hit with the Cutter Beam in the last 4 seconds. Is either what you mean? The Cutter Beam is non-buffable, though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-01-2012, 12:32 PM
There's also a passive on Omega tier 4 that adds a kinetic proc on energy weapons, but it applies to cannons as well as beams.

Short answer to the OP's question: No.
Captain
# 4
11-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
There's also a passive on Omega tier 4 that adds a kinetic proc on energy weapons, but it applies to cannons as well as beams.

Short answer to the OP's question: No.
Ah, I remember that now, but doesn't it say directed energy weapons, Directed Energy Distribution Manifold tac console only buffs beam weapons. Still not going to make beams as good as cannons at close range most likely, if it's limited in such a way.
Ensign
# 5
11-01-2012, 08:04 PM
ok i must have mis read the omega tier 4 well it would be a nice feature request to bring beams up to an even playing field but i'll keep on waiting on that. Thanks guys.