Captain
# 31
11-08-2012, 03:52 AM
If you want to increase quality of players, force them to play both space and ground pvp and not enter till they gain a sufficient K/D ratio and victory ratio.

Why?

Because the amount of players who do elite stfs that are clueless about how to debuff, expose, exploit and even flank and enemy is ridiculous. A group of pvpers can really blitz elites and get each mission done in around 10 minutes. Khit on Ground Elite is especially fast if people know how to fight, the only elite that is faster at the moment is Infected Space. I would say Khit Space is tied in time.

But in all seriousness any restrictions to STF's will more likely cause more frustration and anger than see any benefits. If there was a tutorial mission showing and explaining how to fully debuff and flank and enemy I reckon more people would choose to ignore it than do it.

Now wonder how many people will reply to my post without reading it?
Captain
# 32
11-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
I don't think it'll happen. Other than gating by level, Cryptic doesn't seem to want to block anyone from any content.
Cryptic's 'new toy' seems to be time gating.

So idea: Reintroduce advanced difficulty STFs. Y'all probably don't even remember those.

Then make it so that to move from normal difficulty to advanced, you have to complete a 120 hour Omega project.

To advance from advanced to elite, you have to complete a second 120 hour omega project.