Lt. Commander
# 1 I Need Help
11-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I've read tooltips. I've read the forums and their stickies. I've played enough MMOs and RPGs to understand stats.

But I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. My ship feels really weak. I've tried the Dreadnought, Odyssey Science, even the Atrox Carrier, and they all seem to vastly underperform compared to ships around me.

I wonder... Are there any channels in-game to talk about this sort of thing? I'd love to sit down with somebody and make sure I've actually set things up right.
Commander
# 2
11-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Add me to your friends list, and I'll have a chat with you sometime over the weekend and we will see what can be done about your ship

My handle is @bort1980
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Weak? What are you trying to do with those ships? And what carreer of captain are you?

The 3 ships you mentioned, are typical support ships. If used right, they're great at keeping your teammates alive.

If you're going for damage.... you're pretty much in the wrong ship. It can be done, but not as well or as easy as in many other ships.
Captain
# 4
11-02-2012, 04:26 AM
Let me guess here your character class is
Engineer isn't it
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Yes, engineer. And yes, I feel like I'm doing no damage.

I try to support people, but as soon as I have aggro, Borg just one shot me, feels like.