Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 41
11-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Nope, Vestas aren't OP. They have a lot of toys, are very shiny, and can be refitted to do many things, especially doing 2 things well all at once.

However, a cruiser will outtank them, an escort will outshoot them, and a full carrier will outspam them.

Just as all 3 Oddys are the best cruisers in the game, Vestas are the best science vessels in the game. Every admiral should have all 3. But they are only best at doing sciency magic while doing a little something else as a part time job.

Because, really, the only OP ship in this game is the Attack Bug. Everything else is just a wannabe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,845
# 42
11-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Give the KDF and any future faction a equivalent vessel to match and I will gladly continue to not care if the Vesta is OP.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 43
11-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Give the KDF and any future faction a equivalent vessel to match and I will gladly continue to not care if the Vesta is OP.
Yup, a Bird of Prey pack would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 165
# 44
11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Yup, a Bird of Prey pack would be nice.
Science vessels like all universal bops should be unique to Federation side so if you want to fly it, level a Fed to 50.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 632
# 45
11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
However, a cruiser will outtank them, an escort will outshoot them, and a full carrier will outspam them.
I can see how the last 2 work, but with sensor analysis i can't see how the first one is true at all, (bar armatige obviosuly). With SA thrown in the fewer cannons is irrelevent and pets should make up any leftover from fewer skills. Though pulling that off with full sci abilities may well be a matter of hard woprk, depends how those aux cannons really work. Even then you'll have better sci acess than any escort.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,018
# 46
11-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi1701d View Post
Science vessels like all universal bops should be unique to Federation side so if you want to fly it, level a Fed to 50.
/facepalm

12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,217
# 47
11-05-2012, 07:30 AM
I've got my 2.5k of zen ready to buy one variant of the vesta, looking forward to flying it with my full borg set installed
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,219
# 48
11-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven2378 View Post
I've got my 2.5k of zen ready to buy one variant of the vesta, looking forward to flying it with my full borg set installed
Good set, though any ship flying around with the Borg set visuals enabled looks awful (in my opinion).

Personal T6 Ship Wishlist:
Nova/Rhode Island class with Hybrid Pilot BOFF seat.

That is all. (guess this wasn't really a 'list' after all!)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,291
# 49
11-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Because they don't change ships specs once released to the public. The rage of people buying a ship for real money and having it nerfed afterwards is overwhelming. It's the same reason they wouldn't dream of nerfing the Jem bugs.

Besides, we've all been playing this game long enough to look at a ships paper specs and know exactly what it's going to be capable of,
Yes they do... Or do you need to be reminded of the Armitage? Or the Galaxy X? Or the Lotto-ships?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,845
# 50
11-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi1701d View Post
Science vessels like all universal bops should be unique to Federation side so if you want to fly it, level a Fed to 50.
Awesome! Then no more threads from Fed Cruiser fans complaining about the KDF Battle Cruisers higher turnrate and ability to use cannons.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:59 AM.