Lt. Commander
# 21
12-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Will future Klingon content include more pve as patches and expansions are put out? Or will the Klingon focus always lie in PVP for the life of this game?
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Besides my question, i'll probably shed some light on stuff and voice a suggestion offered earlier by someone in irc.

My question: I've read the stuff, more maneuverability, more frontal firepower and flexible BO's on the ships... but what about weaknesses? Will klingon vessels be somewhat weaker defensively? Though i'm still on the fence about which side to focus on, i don't want it to be a one-sided fight, with one faction being picked for having the cookiecutter boomboom ships. What i'll also ask is this: Will the klingon ships be more jack of all trades, with a focus on combat in contrast to the federation's clearly focused designs?

Edit: The suggestion was this: Down the line after release, mayhaps the klingon houses will want worlds to conquer in house against house pvp battle, for glory and bonuses.. or special ships/gear.

The light i wanted to shed was on the cloaking question: it says that Birds of Prey are the only ones that cloak during battle my bet is that whilst the others can have cloak, BoP's can go in and out of cloak as a combat tactic (being more the hit-and-run speedship, one would suspect that) with a tradeoff of weak shields or low power. Don't forget that even with cloak, BoP's are a small sized type of ship. It probably takes less power to cloak them.. and since klingons aren't exactly too tech-oriented, i wouldn't be suprised if they still haven't advanced their cloaking tech.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-17-2009, 02:55 PM
What will you do in the end game?
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-17-2009, 02:57 PM
1) It's has been stated that all klingon ships will have more foward facing firepower then Federation ships. Will Raptors and Battle Cruisers be able to equip Disruptor Cannons like Birds of Prey, or will they just stick to Disruptor Banks?

2) On another note, can Klingons conquor other randomly created races? It has been stated that they are conquerors and not explorers. It would be fun if a Klingon fleet could conquor a randomly created race, and set up a space station in that race's system. A group instance could be set up for the fleet to fight this created race in an attempt to conquor them.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Will Klingons not be allowed into Fed areas?
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-17-2009, 03:09 PM
What about real Open World PvP? In the persistant game world and not some kind of instance.

Could you clarify on the Warzone? Do you mean the NZ?

What about House vs House PvP?

Where are Klingon BOs coming from? Grinding some kind of reputation or money in the Battlegrounds?
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpandex
What do you prepared to entice Federation players to enter these open pvp/ warzones? How will you avoid making Klingons into a lonely faction with no one to fight but themselves? Many Klingon players agree that they rather fight the enemy that they are at war with instead of their own brothers in arms.
Trust me... I'm Federation... and I am coming for you!
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XG_Wellington

Also, as stated in another post, why are ony the BoP's stated as having cloak ability? NOT canon.
That's only during combat; I believe that, if I'm not mistaken, all Klingon ships can cloak outside of combat, so you can still sneak up on people, you just cant dissapear while being fired at unless in a BoP
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-17-2009, 03:13 PM
My main question is will I still get exp if I lose a PvP fight? Not a whole lot, but something.

What is the difference in the Bird of Preys Mk 1 though 5?

The Ship customization are only cosmetics. So I have bought 3 pre-orders, and I have a red-matter converter and point defense ... but can they not be used? What about equipment upgrades? Speed? Weapons?

How similar is the PvP to World of ********'s arena's (2v2 5v5) or Battlefields? Sounds very similiar.

Any chance Klingons will get to own space and defend it from other houses, feds?

Was this all the information that was suppose to be released for "Klingong month"?

Why is it that feds have roughly 30 ships to choose from and the klingons get 15 if you seperate the Bird of Preys?

What about the promise for Klingon's Memory Alpha and the how does that work?

Why can you not create a Klingon intro and just skip playing a fed.

Can you have an equal top end klingon general to a top end Admiral. Skill points, ship BoFs, Speed, weapons?

Please understand, this is not a flame. I have bought 3 pre-orders with the idea to play klingons, and I have many questions. I will play them wether I die every time or not. I am willing to try it out (hint hint hint)
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Lightbringer
MIchael_Lightbringer: Will gorn, nausican, and orion ships be included further down the line?
Additionally, will they be playable characters at some point?