Lt. Commander
# 31
12-17-2009, 03:16 PM
I forgot, and I am not going excuse for using caps:

WHERE IS THE KLINGON SHIP LIST?

Raptor MkII, BoP MkIV... you cannot be serious.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Has Cryptic performed any studies to estimate what the split will be between those desiring to play Federation, and those desiring to play Klingon?

For Cryptics current story plans for STO, will the Federation or the Klingon see more content directly relating to the overall plot?

With the promises to consider 'episodic' content for the Klingon side, are their any chances that this content may just be tacked on, or require a major reworking of the planned story?

I fear that the Federation will greatly outnumber the Klingons. Would allowing Klingon alt players with the ability to earn exclusive items for their Federation main characters ever be considered as a way of 'balancing the teams?

Do you feel that by providing more attention to the Klingon side for content, you may end up neglecting the Federation side and hurt the total membership?

Given the number of players who may create Klingon characters only as alts, have you considered having accelerated leveling and item drops for the Klingon side to encourage this?

Has Cryptic considered creating polls to get snapshots of what the players favor?
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Will my Federation Fleet be tied across my account like in other MMO's, or will it break across the factions? I intend to run my Federation Fleet with my Human main, but have a Klingon alt, and want to make sure that he wouldn't be tied to my Federation Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
- Is there plans to flesh out the Klingon ship lists? They have four ships, well five with the B'rel, to choose from. I know there isn't too many Klingon ships on canon: BoP, Raptor, Vor'cha, Negh'Var, D7 (K't'inga) and a few variants. But the faction has Orions, Gorns, & Nausicaans to expand the ship selection.

- I have a "wait and see" to the PvE issue for Klingon's, I'm hoping the faction feels complete at launch.

- Cloaking two-part question:

A- Most, if not all, Klingon ships in canon could cloak with various restrictions: Can't warp while cloaked, limited movement with cloaked, must drop shields to cloak, can't fire weapons while cloaked, etc. I hope a similar system is added to STO to make it more strategic with skills/ship class.

B- Can the various Klingon ships cloak? I could see if/when you add Orion/Gorn/Nausicaan ships into the mix that they can't cloak but the Klingon made ships should. For balance reasons, I can see some restrictions on the bigger ships, like the Carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the info so far my question is:

Will the Klingons have ships such as the Neg'Var and the Vor'Cha class to pick from? I've seen these ships in screen shots but judging from the new info it looks like all we'll get are different tiers of Birds of Prey.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Quote:
In general, Klingon ships have more forward-facing weaponry than their Federation counterparts, and boast greater maneuverability.
LOL, I already see a big miss-match. You all better get good at getting behind them or you are toast. Spotting cloaked ships, what have you implemented to even this out? I could exploit this by cloaking and coming back behind the Fed ships, Done. I like PvP, but I'm not giving free XP in an uneven match. Tech has to be equal so that the only thing that comes in play is skills and tactics.

This is unproven territory, so we will have to see how it will play out. Time permitting, I will engage in this PVP test using both sides.

All this being said, I do understand why PvE is skinny on the Klingon side. Time. A lot of man-hours has been invested into the Federation side, not to mention the game mechanics. So here is my question. How much effort will be implemented, after launch, and what priority ti will have? There is a lot of Lore dealing with the Klingon, and only second to the federation. Consequentially, every one will be expecting to experience that Lore.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-17-2009, 03:26 PM
2 questions.

1. Do Klingons level faster than Federation via PVP???

2. Are there any plans in the near future (after launch) to add Klingon PVE Content
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Considering the 4 different types of pvp you described:

Will they be time limited battles allowing for respawns or will you be "one and done" if killed in this combat?
What will happen to your crew pool at the end of these battles? Will killed crew have to be refilled at a starbase or do you refill at the end of the battle?
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-17-2009, 03:27 PM
At an earlier point it was said that additional sections in the forums would be created when the game goes live. Have you considered doing this sooner? Such as now? By giving the Klingons their own forum? Please?
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Additionally, will they be playable characters at some point?
They already are for the Klingon faction; that was confirmed a long time ago. As for the ships, I certainly hope so; it would make a neat method of customization.