Lt. Commander
# 41
12-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Will Genesis Device missions be available to the Klingon faction?
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Additionally, will they be playable characters at some point?
It has been stated you CAN create the gorn race and other allied races with the klingons.

The answer to the different MK's of BoP's are they higher the MK the bigger they become resulting in(hopefully) the K'Vort class as Mk 5.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Will Klingon players be allowed to play as TOS Klingons?

Earlier works of Star Trek painted Klingons in a different light than the later cleaning up Klingons were given when going into TNG. Will the Klingons portrayed in STO be the classic villains from the original Star Trek, or the reimagining of the Klingons presented in TNG and beyond?
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-17-2009, 03:38 PM
If we play on one server, how are you guys going to stop cross-factioning?

Also, is there going to be a way that we can view the balance between Klingons and Federation, as in, is there going to be something that keeps up with the statistics/population of the server?
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Umm, sorry if this is supposed to be Klingon related only. If it is, please just ignore me.

One of the Devs said that Klingons will be able to use the joined trill bonus. Does that mean that any federation made character will also be able to use it, or only the 'trill' race? Can this bonus be applied to a character that was created during the head start?
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-17-2009, 03:43 PM
have to unlock to play klingon... that's sad.
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I am less than enthusiastic about this info. I have been trying to keep quiet over the last few months about the little tidbits of info and rumors going around about Klingons, but now that it is all official, I have to say it. I expect(ed) a lot more than this from crytpic.

If the fed side gets nice customization options on their ships, then I expect more than just a re-skin option on the Klingon side. This is Cryptic Studios. The guys who pride themselves on customization.

If Klingon side is going to feature less PvE and more PvP then fed side, that is fine. But I still expect to see at least some degree of PvE content. We have certainly had enough people saying they want exactly that for several months now.

I could say more but it will not do much good. I never thought I would say this about STO, but my interest in the game has definately gone down a few points in light of this 'official' klingon info. I never wanted to buy into the nay-sayers anti-hype, but it sounds like they really nailed it on the head this time. The game is shaping up to be a complete Federation based game, with PvE and PvP, and then a Klingon "monster play" feature tacked on like an afterthought. I have never played a faction based MMO before that didn't provide a complete game for every faction. Klingons need more than this.

Cryptic, I plead with you. Go back to your City of Villains days, and remember what is important. That the bad-guys need a whole game too.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-17-2009, 03:47 PM
What is the plan with regards to PVE content for the Klingons, will there be episodic content or procedurally generated missions based on a Klingon flavoured version of the genesis engine?

Will Klingons be able to advance if there is a lack of federation players or Klingons nearby? i.e. Are there PVE objectives that Klingons can complete and earn rewards for within the Warzones or other persistent PVP constructs if noone shows up to contest them?

Thank you for getting this up Cryptic, I intend to play fed but I like others am marginally concerned about the state of the game from the lack of information so far.
I hope your new information assuages my doubts.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Question: Assuming that the Klingon faction will eventually have access to the Genesis content generator and episodic content that the Federation players now enjoy, what timescale are you expecting to add said content to the Klingon faction?
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
We've got some great new Klingon information ready for you - check it out here. What's more, after you read up on that, we're holding a special, Klingon-centric Ask Cryptic. Just send in your questions via this post's comment thread, and we'll get them answered by the development team. So read up and fire away!

Link to the news article.

Thanks for the article! I did a little blog about it. I am looking forward to the next "Ask Cryptic"