Ensign
# 91 Worried
11-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Greetings

Been a lifer sense beta and the new reputation system bothers me. with the reduction in the amount of dilithium we now have even more things to spend them on. I run a small fleet which has to grind hard to keep up with the specials that we decide we want and now we find that not only will this be impossible to do but all the new reputation content sucks up even more, and this is to get the stuff we us to get as we were grinding dilithium. I remember hearing that you were going to make things easer for small fleets to work on their stations but now it looks like that was a lie.

I was bothered by the 1000 dilithium needed to do a general recruitment and then offended by the amount needed to trade in my lower level duty officers for better ones. 500 to trade 5 commons (which now cost 1k to buy) for one green, which costs 2500 to trade in 5 greens for 1 blue, and those cost 5000 to trade in 5 of them for one purple. which means that one purple will end up costing you 25000 dilithium to get. That is a bit over the top.

If you are going to take up the amount of dilithium needed to get things done in this game, do not reduce the amount of dilithium we can get. it makes the game very boring and not worth spending time on.

New Romulus looks good, just not sure about the feel yet. It will be intresting to see where that story line will lead. Its just to bad that I had the feeling that story was all I was getting form my visit. No new captain levels and the rewards were leads to more grinding (not a fun prospect).

Regards
Hawkenburg
Survivor of Romulus
# 92
11-04-2012, 07:33 AM
The3 redesigned Missions menu you get after hitting J is great. I like the focus on the Foundry, even though I can't see the Spotlight missions at this time. Will it show ALL of the spotlight missions that have ever been featured on Fridays or just the current one? Also, I like h ow PVE and PVP are now prominently displayed instead of having to search it out on the map menu for PVP.
Ensign
# 93
11-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Some spelling mistake in one of the mission info in New Romulus

Vastam Peaks:
- Subcommander Avran mission objectives
1. Spelling error: Collect and *Tur* in Geode, Crystal and Feldspar Smaples to Romulan Geologists or Subcommander Avran.
Survivor of Romulus
# 94
11-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Odd. I used t6o be able to press the skip button in the episodes menu and be taken to the next sw I need to scroll to the next epe as well, Pretty tedious.
Survivor of Romulus
# 95
11-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Anyone else notice that thye only PvE events that give gear/dilithium now are the opes that NO ONE plays. Sneaky PWE/Cryptic, sneaky.
Ensign
# 96 Overall thoughts on new areas
11-04-2012, 08:03 AM
I have to agree there hawkenburg, we both are in the same boat here so to speak with small fleets. For me a smaller fleet runs a bit better and in my fleets case, almost no drama that comes with having a huge fleet full of power hungry greedy individuals. It is for these reasons that we remain small.

These changes are going to cause a lot of problems for smaller fleets, I'm not saying it cant be done, Im just saying its going to be a pain in the backside to try to do all of this being a small fleet. I too remember reading something along the lines of they would do something to help smaller fleets, however this does not seem to be the case.

My overall thoughts about the new changes are this. The new areas, planets and so on is a nice bit of eyecandy, but kind of feels the same as any other area. I am a bit disappointed that there are no new things that I can see for the Klinks, and there are no playable Romulans. You would have scored some major points with the population if they were added.

*Issues found*
1. The loading or patching when you first come to the new Romulan homeworld really should be reduced. Is there anyway to add that in the main patch when we first start the game as to waiting 4 min 34 seconds?

2. During the dialog at once the Romulan world starts, there is a point in which your toon is being spoken to by the new Romulan leader. There is a slight cut screen that shows the players toon with his mouth moving as if he is talking, while the new Romulan leader is talking at the same time.. Seemed a bit odd to me.

3. During the bug release while on the Romulan homeworld it starts you into the mission automatically telling you to keep the bugs back, yet does not indicate how to or where to get the things needed to keep the bugs back.

4. While in the Hwael Ruins and fighting Tholians, they get jammed in the mountains. They can shoot and hit you every time, however you can not hit them.

5. While in Vastam peaks, The opponents appear to have a fast re-spawn time. After taking a group of them down, before I was able to take anything from the rock samples, they are back again.

6. While on the options tab, if you scroll over to the last section "HUD" the entire top bar shakes like a tree leaf in a windstorm.

7. Graphics in the staging area on the cargo containers need to be reset. There is a lot of bleeding over going on with the bottom right and left hand of the cargo containers. "Pixel battle to see which is going to be on top of the other". I have not seen this anywhere else.

8. Starbase 234 If this is going to be simulated battle zone every time you come here, how about a warning before the player goes in so they can decide if they want to wast time on this or not. Completing it does not give anything as far as I could tell, and you cant even set foot on the base.

Well that is just my 2 cents into this.. I will be back with more as I move around in this new area.

Until next time.. Live Long and Prosper.

Markus Serak Tyrellium

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkenburg2 View Post
Greetings

Been a lifer sense beta and the new reputation system bothers me. with the reduction in the amount of dilithium we now have even more things to spend them on. I run a small fleet which has to grind hard to keep up with the specials that we decide we want and now we find that not only will this be impossible to do but all the new reputation content sucks up even more, and this is to get the stuff we us to get as we were grinding dilithium. I remember hearing that you were going to make things easer for small fleets to work on their stations but now it looks like that was a lie.

I was bothered by the 1000 dilithium needed to do a general recruitment and then offended by the amount needed to trade in my lower level duty officers for better ones. 500 to trade 5 commons (which now cost 1k to buy) for one green, which costs 2500 to trade in 5 greens for 1 blue, and those cost 5000 to trade in 5 of them for one purple. which means that one purple will end up costing you 25000 dilithium to get. That is a bit over the top.

If you are going to take up the amount of dilithium needed to get things done in this game, do not reduce the amount of dilithium we can get. it makes the game very boring and not worth spending time on.

New Romulus looks good, just not sure about the feel yet. It will be intresting to see where that story line will lead. Its just to bad that I had the feeling that story was all I was getting form my visit. No new captain levels and the rewards were leads to more grinding (not a fun prospect).

Regards
Hawkenburg

Last edited by markustyrellium; 11-04-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: additional information
Ensign
# 97 Tribble Season 7 Test
11-04-2012, 08:50 AM
So far so good...loveing the new stf's and romulan home...so far i havent noticed anything big to report...but ill keep looking
Captain
# 98
11-04-2012, 09:12 AM
I agree with many of the members of small fleets that have posted here. With the removal of STF items that can grant us a higher level of dilithium (should we decide that's what we want to spend the rewards on), smaller fleets like my Red Shirt Army are going to be in a real crunch to get needed dilithium for the fleet missions.

I suggest a development team review on the possible impact that reduced dilithium flow will have on the small, more casual fleets. I would really argue that the dilithium costs need reducing prorated to the lack of supply of dilithium resources (and the most expedient manner at that).
Lt. Commander
# 99
11-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Ok so far the tholian PVE seems to have a bug where rapid cannon fire does not work...

Creating a private PVE event is also broken, the start button is grayed out, even when using all FED toons...

Some of the missions are a bit pointless, however thats always been the case with these online games.

PVP seems to be working ok from what I have tried out...

However here is the issues, no dili!!! We need more if you want us to use more, not less thats very un fair to all within the game...

Do you want everyone to leave?

that is what will happen if you continue on this Scrooge like route with the dili...

Here's an easy fix, just have a reward of 1000 dili on ALL PVE events...

These points of yours are useless...

I know you want to make money, however we want a game to enjoy, not to hate...

Apart from that everything else is fine, however with the bugs you have created within S7 I would advise not going live for another few weeks yet...
Career Officer
# 100
11-04-2012, 09:26 AM
My PC uses middle of the range graphics settings on Holodeck, can see the wormhole at DS9 no problems, etc...

I'm sure the graphics look stunning on high end machines, but even with everything set to minimum on this PC, New Romulus on Tribble has just crashed my graphics card so badly I've seen my first ever Blue Screen of Death on this computer.

Content is fine, but please make it less intensive on the graphics card so that we can actually play it...