Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 257
# 1 Master Keys Bugged (Important)
09-27-2012, 02:58 PM
I used dilithium to gain enough Zen to buy a pair of master keys. I have repeatedly attempted to list them for sale on the exchange. The keys will appear on my items for sale list on the exchange UI. However, they are NEVER ACTUALLY LISTED for sale on the exchange itself. This fact and problem was confirmed by several fellow fleet members who checked for me. This issue was not fixed with today?s patch. Root cause is unknown.

I have attempted removing and re-listing them multiple times and by way of my other characters. I tried and successfully used one to open a box. I bought one more today and the same problem continues to occur.

Forgive me, but this has cost me real life money and waste. My objective was to sell them in order to buy some high level purple consoles and maybe a DOFF for my ship. I doubt I will ever see reimbursement for the three keys...

I am reporting it here to make sure those capable of fixing the problem at Cryptic are aware that it is an issue so this doesn?t happen to anyone else. I can?t comment gracefully on my in game ticket reply.

Good luck. I hope this does not happen to you.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 486
# 2
09-27-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm your most fearsome enemy.


<--------

|
|
|
v
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 257
# 3
09-27-2012, 03:38 PM
While I am sure you think you are funny. For me the issue has proven to be a hair's breadth from a last straw.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
# 4
09-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdfx19 View Post
I used dilithium to gain enough Zen to buy a pair of master keys. I have repeatedly attempted to list them for sale on the exchange. The keys will appear on my items for sale list on the exchange UI. However, they are NEVER ACTUALLY LISTED for sale on the exchange itself. This fact and problem was confirmed by several fellow fleet members who checked for me. This issue was not fixed with today?s patch. Root cause is unknown.

I have attempted removing and re-listing them multiple times and by way of my other characters. I tried and successfully used one to open a box. I bought one more today and the same problem continues to occur.

Forgive me, but this has cost me real life money and waste. My objective was to sell them in order to buy some high level purple consoles and maybe a DOFF for my ship. I doubt I will ever see reimbursement for the three keys...

I am reporting it here to make sure those capable of fixing the problem at Cryptic are aware that it is an issue so this doesn?t happen to anyone else. I can?t comment gracefully on my in game ticket reply.

Good luck. I hope this does not happen to you.
It appears that for some time now (perhaps it's always been this way), when you try to search for an item on the Exchange, but have 'All' selected, you only see a subset of all the items actually listed on the Exchange. I'm certain Cryptic knows about this, but it can't hurt to 'remind' them about it once and a while

To see your Master Keys, make sure you select "Lock Box Keys" instead of "All" before searching.

Last edited by deletedgear; 09-27-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 5
09-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deletedgear View Post
It appears that for some time now (perhaps it's always been this way), when you try to search for an item on the Exchange, but have 'All' selected, you only see a subset of all the items actually listed on the Exchange. I'm certain Cryptic knows about this, but it can't hurt to 'remind' them about it once and a while

To see your Master Keys, make sure you select "Lock Box Keys" instead of "All" before searching.
Yep, this.

Started with season 6 I think. If you use the "All" instead of the item catagory, you will not get a full listing that starts from the lowest price.

Hope you haven't been buying without sorting using the item catagories - if so, you have been paying too much.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 257
# 6
09-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Thank you for telling me. I can't comment on what was noted to me... but unlike some you've actually helped me with this issue. While I am not happy (considering) at least someone took the time to point out how to get around it all.

TY.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 130
# 7 no show exchange
11-02-2012, 01:50 AM
thought this was how it was by not showing my items on exchange and praying they sell and always having to get mass stuff back in mail due to time on exchange and i repeatedly look to see that mine are the lowest priced or maybe nobody is buying anybody elses either seems weird but thought that was how it was designed ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 130
# 8 again
11-02-2012, 01:55 AM
just checked my 8 purp mkxII deflectors on all, name , deflector,price,quantity and started with just mkxII with no stats and went of the ladder and guess what nothing anywhere i'm selling , mystery to me ??
Rihannsu
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 505
# 9
11-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndroid View Post
just checked my 8 purp mkxII deflectors on all, name , deflector,price,quantity and started with just mkxII with no stats and went of the ladder and guess what nothing anywhere i'm selling , mystery to me ??
You can't see your own sales, or sales of your chars.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 238
# 10
11-02-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taut0u View Post
You can't see your own sales, or sales of your chars.
Yes you can.

It's that exchange bug where you have to select every category (Item Name, Rarity, Category, possibly Rank) to actually get a full list of what is available.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 PM.