Career Officer
# 11
11-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Here's how it will actually work:

Mk X = No special visual (aka "Plastic Pajamas")
Mk XI = Standard STF Armor, No helmet, few "bits"
Mk XII = Updated STF Armor, Helmet, more "bits"
Mk XII + Complete all Elite Optionals = Variant of Mk XII
Adapted Mk XII = An entirely-new variant of Mk XII

(NOTE: There is no Adapted Omega. Only MACO and Honor Guard.)

Only the top 3 of the above costumes have ever been live previously, though some may have seen Concept/WIP art of the fourth one that will be released with the Adapted sets.
I really appreciate taking the time to clarify.

I remembered Gozer saying he thought everything would be cycled down as a new set gets added and think this would be a good time. My big concern here is that Mk X not supplying a visual may confuse people.

I understand you guys have worked hard on this in any case and appreciate the clarification, however.
Career Officer
# 12
11-02-2012, 05:14 PM
I'll add... Which concept art? Does that mean no Federation capes for adapted Honor Guard?

I will say, I'd love to see capes get more play in the future. I imagine they can be a pain but they look great.

If nothing else, it would be cool to have capes like Hakeev had for the Romulan embassy costume unlock.
Empire Veteran
# 13
11-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Only the top 3 of the above costumes have ever been live previously, though some may have seen Concept/WIP art of the fourth one that will be released with the Adapted sets.
Could we have a preview? Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I will say, I'd love to see capes get more play in the future. I imagine they can be a pain but they look great.
Capes look good... as long as you don't move, stand still and as long as you don't play a Ferasan. The concept is great but the job isn't polished at all.

Get a cat: the tail moves through the cape. Sit: the cape gets inside the floor. Run, stop: the cape passes through your character. Not giving capes to feds is a smart choice because they would get a lot of complaints about that feature.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
11-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
The whole concept of the Adapted armor is offering the stats/effects of the opposite faction. There is no opposite faction from Neutral. =p
Well, while we're on the subject... It would be very cool to see Mirror Universe versions of the sets down the road. One of the board artists and I were jamming on how awesome Roman Empire-ized versions of the sets would be. (Assuming that the MU versions would probably be kinda like Spartan armor takes on the sets. Capes, bare arms, warrior kilts, Romanized helmets. Maybe tattoos in place of patches on the arms.)
Captain
# 15
11-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Could we have a preview? Please!
Check out the Federation profession desktops... I think the engineering one has the Adapted version on it...
Empire Veteran
# 16
11-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Check out the Federation profession desktops... I think the engineering one has the Adapted version on it...
But what's that?
Captain
# 17
11-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
But what's that?
The character profession for the federation desktops have people wearing MACO on them. The Science one has a MACO variant I havent seen before.

Science:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...6266482845.jpg

Tactical:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...6266543319.jpg

Engineering:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...6266509140.jpg
Rihannsu
# 18
11-02-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm very happy with the new costume options, and I can't wait to see the variant versions.
Captain
# 19
11-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Here's how it will actually work:

Mk X = No special visual (aka "Plastic Pajamas")
Mk XI = Standard STF Armor, No helmet, few "bits"
Mk XII = Updated STF Armor, Helmet, more "bits"
Mk XII + Complete all Elite Optionals = Variant of Mk XII
Adapted Mk XII = An entirely-new variant of Mk XII

(NOTE: There is no Adapted Omega. Only MACO and Honor Guard.)

While I enjoy the new options, I find this rather confusing. I would much prefer them all as Tailor options.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 20
11-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
While I enjoy the new options, I find this rather confusing. I would much prefer them all as Tailor options.
They are all still tailor options...these one-click, non-customizable armor visuals are an addition to the customizable tailor options.

...right?