Career Officer
# 71
11-03-2012, 05:55 AM
The Dilithum cap is too low now. Even with the little extra I get for a veteran reward, it's still much to low now with all the projects and items. I've spent a good deal of money on Zen for a variety of things from ships to doff packs, but I simply draw the line at buying Dilithum with it. Once someone is at 0, it's incredibly difficult to built up a large supply when you can only refine 8-10K a day. I don't mean to say it's hard to get Dil (it's time consuming, especially for Feds, but even so for KDF with their much broader options for Dil), but with all the places to dump it, it means you either have to leave your fleet hanging because you're saving up for some item, or you never get to buy the items because you're using your Dil to support your fleet.

I fully understand and appreciate the reasons for the refine cap, but because of the substantial sink in place for Dilithium now, I think it should be raised substantially (~ double what it is now).
Captain
# 72
11-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvet View Post
The Dilithum cap is too low now. Even with the little extra I get for a veteran reward, it's still much to low now with all the projects and items. I've spent a good deal of money on Zen for a variety of things from ships to doff packs, but I simply draw the line at buying Dilithum with it. Once someone is at 0, it's incredibly difficult to built up a large supply when you can only refine 8-10K a day. I don't mean to say it's hard to get Dil (it's time consuming, especially for Feds, but even so for KDF with their much broader options for Dil), but with all the places to dump it, it means you either have to leave your fleet hanging because you're saving up for some item, or you never get to buy the items because you're using your Dil to support your fleet.

I fully understand and appreciate the reasons for the refine cap, but because of the substantial sink in place for Dilithium now, I think it should be raised substantially (~ double what it is now).
they have already said it is stopping where it is at atm (8000 a day)
Captain
# 73
11-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
well, now we know why duty officer requisition at the academy is so expensive, it is their intend to make them a much more rare and valuable commodity, even the starbase projects sound like their requirements for them are being slashed.

why? what the point of doing this? it was fine the way it was. thanks to those recruitment missions Ive finally been able to amass a very small fortune of EC, and its one of the main ways to level recruitment cxp. there REALLY needs to be new ways to get recruitment CXP then.
The "General Recruitment" mission that gives the tradeable DOFF pack costs Dilithium, but the other four department-specific recruitment missions (that give two DOFFS each on success, three on a crit), and the three race-specific ones at the Academy (that give one DOFF each on success, three on a crit) are still free of charge. Players will be getting about 30% fewer free DOFFs over the long term with this arrangement, and upgrinding for qualities higher than green will be pricey.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Captain
# 74
11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
AWESOME.

/10chars
Maybe, but the Foundry doesn't work so why bother? (either that or it's that damned lag <.<)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 75
11-03-2012, 11:17 AM
You won't be needing green or higher duffs for starbase projects anymore, so there is no need for upgrading to the next higher quality anymore.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Career Officer
# 76
11-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
More Dilithium sinks.... still only an 8k daily cap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewzz View Post
This. The Cap could easily be doubled, i dont understand there refusal to listen to there playerbase.
I will give you guys a hint. it involves the Dilithium exchange.....
Lieutenant
# 77
11-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
no offense...but dilithium sink much???? so on top of having a starbase, you (cryptic) expect us to grind even more dilth for higher rewards...i dont mind doing that...but at least increase or REMOVE the daily cap.....8k a day is not enough to do any of this...
I agree either lower dil requirements or remove/double even triple daily cap.
Career Officer
# 78
11-03-2012, 01:47 PM
When in PvP, I get a window that I can't close saying the fleet action has 0 players. This is annoying as it takes up space on my screen. The Starbase (whatever one it is) seems fine for a single player but way too easy in a team. The last build you pushed to Holodeck and on Tribble has digital audio drops. This needs to be fixed!
Survivor of Romulus
# 79
11-03-2012, 01:54 PM
dont know if its been reported or not but almost all of the space borg queen stf doesnt give a reward
Starfleet Veteran
# 80
11-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Meow, so the value of 'liffium needs to be raised again, it's sunken to 130 sumfin purr Zen at certain days. That's why they're putting 'liffium almeowst everywhere.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010