Captain
# 131
11-03-2012, 05:23 PM
tribble pugs are not like pugs on holodeck. on tribble they seem to be slightly better geared

thought on normal the difficulty was just fine. have not been able to get into an elite run so unsure there
Career Officer
# 132
11-03-2012, 06:03 PM
It's definitely tankable, I did so on a tankyish build on a rarely-used Engineer, though I forgot a few key abilities I lasted a good while; with a cooperative team (cross healing, focussing fire on the tank's target etc) I can see at least the battle with the tac cubes at the start being pretty satisfying, if not the entire STF.

I can't help but wonder though, if the sheer amount of heavy plasma torp spam is a subtle nudge by Cryptic for us all to buy point defense consoles 5 of those being chained across the team would be a nice immunity to them
----
Lt. Commander
# 133
11-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Regen probes? Seriously? You had to include those? We were down two, so I didn't get a true feel of it's doablity, but regen probes, coming out of BOTH ships, was NOT helpful in the least. Couldn't beat it, had to abort.
Survivor of Romulus
# 134
11-03-2012, 06:20 PM
My feedback is this never loads for me when I queue it up. But since it is the test weekend I will see if far more people help alleviate this issue.
Career Officer
# 135
11-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Hey everyone, first post here (i've been checking here everyday since i started plying thougth) to share what i learned so far.

1st part, pretty easy, just raw dps, while taking care not to agro more than a cube at a time (but well the crazy oddy npc will do it for you anyways...), cross heals on the one taking aggro should be used.

2nd part, easy too, the regen probes are pretty weak, and seem more interested in healing the other probes than the unimatrix. the trick i found is to stay all together, close to the diamond, with at least 2 or 3 TBR in the group. everyone will get protected from the energy bolts, the special beams and most damage from the probes. (a bit a coordination is required between the "repulsors" thougth)

3rd part, didn't make it....after the 3rd attempt, someone quit and the whole team followed shortly. But the queen feels a bit cheated, maybe putting bigger cooldows on it's iso charge and/or torp spread should make it better.

edit : when i say easy i mean like taking care of the probes, tac cube, and gate in ISE.

Overall, i really like it, it need a bit more reflexion and coordination than the other ones, i just find sad that, the devs didn't found any other way to make elite content than a lot of one shot weapons from NPCs.

FWI, i was flying a chimera, as an eng (full DHC/turrets) :
cmdr tactical = TT1, TT2, Canon spread 2, Canon rapid fire 3
Lt cmdr science = TSS1, TBR1, TBR2
LT science = HE1, HE2
Lt eng =EPTS1, RSP1
ens ENG = EPTS 1

Hope it helps some....And i really want to know if anyone found a viable stategy for the queen.

Cheers

Uriel

Last edited by urielerasmus; 11-03-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 136
11-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Oh, just a tgought for all who have a problem staying alive. If you notice your target is targeting you, stop shooting it. It will lose interest in a few seconds to target someone else.

This can even be used to ping pong the aggro between 2 tanks (yes, not easy without active TC abilities).
Captain
# 137
11-03-2012, 07:42 PM
well I could not get into elite - I did normal in my tank oddy eng capt - fell asleep - it was that easy - 1 time they got my hull down to 75% but for 3/4 of the time never took my shields down all the way.
Captain
# 138
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
So is this going to be beatable by the average zero-communication pug? Everything I'm reading here suggests it pretty much requires a premade.
Captain
# 139
11-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
So is this going to be beatable by the average zero-communication pug? Everything I'm reading here suggests it pretty much requires a premade.
Not on normal - I was pretty much carrying that group myself - but i hear elite is a HUGE step up - so if that is the case definitely.
Captain
# 140
11-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I have a tankyish build on my Nebula (which for some reason has gained an extra ensign universal slot over there. Not that I complain about such things.)

Tried it on normal and felt it was way too easy. Completed it relatively quickly and shot off a few heals to the other team members. For once my Sci Team build paid off!!

Elite was a different kettle of fish as I kept getting one shot by the queen no matter what I did with resist consoles, and BOFF abilities.

When Season 6 came out, the Tholian Boss maps were a challenge, but you felt like you made progress and could complete it with team work. Being killed in one shot or possibly two just makes it uninteresting and the rest of the team ends up rage quitting.