Lt. Commander
# 181
11-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Instakills are not part of the design, and will be addressed and removed as quickly as possible.

The mission is supposed to be challenging. Instakills are not a challenge, they are a frustration.
You have played some of these missions, right? Instakills are rampant in STFs. From the Klingon Borg ships flinging super isometric charges around, to gate "invisible torps of doom" popping people, they are EVERYWHERE. It is frustrating and annoying. I'm not even sure how we tolerate the damn things, and even manage to succeed despite them. Onslaught is just bringing the entire issue to the front.
Captain
# 182
11-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Instakills are not part of the design, and will be addressed and removed as quickly as possible.

The mission is supposed to be challenging. Instakills are not a challenge, they are a frustration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Thank you. But make sure the change sticks
Use lots of self-sealing stem bolts!!!!!
Career Officer
# 183
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
as for Hive onslaught I think it could be tone back some as read post here think you know that people are not there marks on this STF
Captain
# 184
11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Ran it 2x on elite. Both random PuGs. I run @ 1/2 res and other toned down effects for max response time.

1st w/PvP hit and run oriented KDF Vet ship build.

Got to the boss and people started leaving after being 1 shot too many times.

2nd time w/PvP oriented Tac-fi build.

Completed no rewards.

Things I noticed 10k Ace Beam damage, 1 million in iso charge damage, 1 million in bolt damage.

During the 2nd run it became obvious that the Tac Cubes and sphere will not all chase the same target and spheres are faster so it's easy to string them out.

There are issues knowing what's going on. For example, I heard a torp spread being fired only after my ship blew up from the said torp spread, there were no visuals. Respawn and not be able to turn for up to 60 seconds.

After being hit w/AMS, I used AMS w/in 3km of Diamond and it wasn't effected. Not sure if VM was effective or not.

3 Part KHG did seem effective as I wasn't target while this was up. But, there was 1 time I hit the phase console for Kar-fi and wasn't immune. I respawned w/the console not on cooldown. This leads me to believe there are order of operation issues I was getting at earlier regarding hearing torps after feeling them.

Until you fix the insta pop damage I think the keeping 3 ships alive isn't going to happen. But, still I finished it w/a PuG on my 2nd attempt on Elite.
Career Officer
# 185 No Omega marks :(
11-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Completed into the Hive Space on normal difficulty.
Enjoyed the mission, completed it fine with a PUG, but NO Omega Marks - Good thing it's only a test server, or I would have been very miffed
Cryptic Studios Team
# 186 How long did it take you?
11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback!!!! We'll be looking at the insta-kills and the rewards.... If you all could, would you please post how long it took you to complete this STF? Remember to post if your time is for a normal run or elite.
They call me Mr. Odds!

Last edited by mrodds; 11-04-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Career Officer
# 187
11-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodds View Post
Thanks for the feedback!!!! We'll be looking at the insta-kills. If you all could, would you please post how long it took you to complete this STF? Remember to post if your time is for a normal run or elite.
Fifteen to twenty minutes on Normal. What about the Lack of Marks glitch?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 188
11-04-2012, 07:17 PM
20 minutes on normal
Lt. Commander
# 189
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I have done 5 runs on normal and our average time came out to be 18 minutes and 36.4 seconds. I love math so I just had to nerd it out. =)

Survivor of Romulus
# 190
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodds View Post
Thanks for the feedback!!!! We'll be looking at the insta-kills and the rewards.... If you all could, would you please post how long it took you to complete this STF? Remember to post if your time is for a normal run or elite.
i did like 10 runs on normal with randoms - took about 15-30 minutes - depending on the group.