Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Ensign
# 221
11-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard. Ive tried about a dozen times now and not once have we made it past even one of the unimatrix ships. 20 min or so (and 20 deaths) in and people start rage quitting. This is ridiculous. I had stopped playing STO because the STFs had become painfully difficult and hoped that season 7 would be fun again. It is not even a little fun. One shot kills, 2 min re-spawns and being defeated over and over and over again is not fun. Dial it back a bit! The point of a game is to enjoy it. You do want people to continue to play right?
Ensign
# 222
11-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Won't be doing this mission again, at least on Elite. Too many 1-shot kills. Like a couple others I got 1-shotted just after respawning. Nope. Sorry "programmers" but you screwed up on this one. Just daring to try Elite should bag you 5 or 6 Neural Processors at the least.

I'll stick to the slightly more sane Normal version and the old STF's.
Commander
# 223
11-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Well managed to finish this mission twice out of 25 attempts. And Both times no optionals achieved. died 22 times spent I dont know how many components. Yeah this mission needs reworked. Make the Tac cubes the same as the TAC cube at the Begining of KA. and the spheres like the ones in Infected and it should be okay. As it is now you can tell the Borg are on Steroids on this mission. Way harder that the same ships on "red Alert" or other STF's. Come on guys just make them all the same and then we could stand a chance.
Commander
# 224
11-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Have had a number of runs with the Fleet on Normal and a total of 3 runs on Elite.

Normal ent fine, and we discussed tactics and seemed to have a workable plan. Thought we were ready for Elite. Total chaos. Dying like crazy and going through Components like Tic-tacs. Ended up with 3 cubes and I don't know how many spheres in our spawn area. Not good, but we struggled through and overcame in the end.

Had our 3rd Elite run this evening. Missed the first optional by a few seconds and that was the only problem. No mess, no fuss. I died once at the start. First Unimatrix went down fast. Too fast for one guy, who didn't get clear in time.

We'll iron out the kinks with the start of the STF to ensure we get all the optional and I imagine we will be blasting through it like we do with Cure Elite.

On a side note, some of us like the fact that the combat with the Borg is harder than pre-Season 7. Space STFs had lost their challenge and we were sleepwalking and/or blasting our way through them.
Career Officer
# 225
11-27-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't mind a challenge, I don't mind opponents being several levels upon me; but, I really dislike insta-one-shot-kills. It seems kinda... cheap, you know? I get that the borg are supposed to be incredibly challenging as an adversary, but there should be a balance between offensive vs defensive abilities. If I'm flying around in a tank, with max shields and max hull, I categorically shouldn't be insta-killed. As a player, I have zero defence for that and the borg have the supreme advantage. It's cheap for that very reason, because as an engy in a tank cruiser, I hould have the ability to counter that sort of strike with something. As it stands, I don't even have time to hit miracle worker. So, that deprives me, and I'd argue every other player any ability to sufficiently defend themselves.

If you, like I have played STO for a long time, we sorta pride ourselves on *NOT* dying in these engagements, and we'll use everything at our disposal to keep firing and survive to do so.

This is why insta-one-shot-kills suck.

One Year and Three months waiting for Fleet Galaxy X - "Technical Difficulties" Since 8th Feb 12.
Landmark Technical Difficulties Dates: 13/01/12 - 8/11/12 - 14/11/12 - 14/12/12 - 26/04/13
Commander
# 226
12-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I agree. It one thing to get hit on bare hull. Or if you already have weak shileds or hull. But to be %100 on both and just Die? And to be 14k out from any hostile not under threat and just suddenly explode like you hit your abandon ship or something. Thats bugged. I have had that happen 4 times wher I hit evasive got out of range of any target. Healed up to %100 turn to start back in to fight and suddenly explode. Look at the log and see that a torp chased me all the way out and hit right through my shields for like 300k. There was a post from a DEV saying that no one should be getting one-shotted except for mabye by the Lance . And that the damage numbers we are posting are way to high. Also said that Tac cubes and the queen and other "boss" enimies shot not be able to Crit. And that he would "look into it" well after the patch on the 29th it's still happening.
Commander
# 227
12-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
As Borticus said, there haven't been any intentional changes to make the Borg harder. I'll take another look at their torpedoes, though - those damage numbers do sound too high.

We've had some general tech changes that could be impacting things (like breaking Tachyon Harmonic) even if the Systems Designers haven't been intentionally rebalancing anything. For example, as I mentioned in another thread, the way certain targeting cones work was changed - that's cut down the "safe spots" above and below Borg Cubes.

As a general rule, we don't want players in level appropriate gear to be one-shotted. There can be some exceptions for special mechanics - like if players are out of position in the fight with the two Unimatrix ships and get hit by the lance, for example. Normal torpedoes shouldn't be producing that kind of burst damage.

I'll try to track down what's causing this and make adjustments as needed.
That is the responce i was referring to from the DEV team on another thread. Still does not appear that they have made any adjustments
Career Officer
# 228
01-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I know older thread but it is still happening. I was 15k out just respawned and boom... I had full Shields and full hull with resists and all power to shields with no damaged or weakened systems.

This is totally out of whack.
Rihannsu
# 229
06-03-2013, 10:56 PM
I just got one shooted from 19.5 k away. We cant even get within weapons range before getting killed.

[Combat (Self)] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 58808 (102156) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.

Last edited by bwleon7; 06-03-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 230
06-16-2013, 12:49 AM
I got bugged out and got stuck to the borg queen. lol. I hate that bug! Than when I respwn I get caught in a suspace something? My teammates faced it too. Fix this plz Thank you!