Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Career Officer
# 231
06-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Hive Onslaught Elite - They made the best STF in the game totally unplayable unless you have an entire bank full of components and don't mind getting spawn camped by the Unimatix's lance.

As this is an "Official" thread I see no issue in keeping this and any future feedback on this STF going.

Hopefully a fix will be rolled out soon because as it stands only masochists need apply. Trying to find a team for this in the EliteSTF channel is almost impossible and people don't waste their time on a no win scenario STF.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Ensign
# 232
06-30-2013, 08:43 AM
30/06/2013 16:30

Just had to swallow a 1 hour ban on the PVE queues because 5 Public players could not overcome the Unimatrix's on NORMAL DIFFICULTY.

A hint gives out that staying within 5K of the Queen ensures that you won't get shot, however, this message is flawed because:
1: The Unimatrix's STILL TARGET AND DESTROY you when your less than 5K of the Queen and
2: The Unimatrix's will target and destroy you before you can reach the "safe zone" of the queen, the closest I have ever been able to reach the queen before getting one shot killed was 5.8K.

On top of this. this group only managed to bring down one of the Unimatrix's to 90% before the one shot kills forced people to quit the session.

I repeat this again. This is on NORMAL DIFFICULTY and players were quitting because of the Unimatrix's Lance weapons ignoring the hint message and constantly killing the group members and thus "Hive Onslaught" should be reconsidered for an extensive fix for a future patch.
Ensign
# 233
07-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosohryu06 View Post
30/06/2013 16:30

A hint gives out that staying within 5K of the Queen ensures that you won't get shot, however, this message is flawed because:
1: The Unimatrix's STILL TARGET AND DESTROY you when your less than 5K of the Queen and
2: The Unimatrix's will target and destroy you before you can reach the "safe zone" of the queen, the closest I have ever been able to reach the queen before getting one shot killed was 5.8K.

[...]

I repeat this again. This is on NORMAL DIFFICULTY and players were quitting because of the Unimatrix's Lance weapons ignoring the hint message and constantly killing the group members and thus "Hive Onslaught" should be reconsidered for an extensive fix for a future patch.
I agree. The hives additionally dont considers each other as objects/obstacles. I've seen the lance of hive 2 shooting through hive 1, destroying an attacking ship.
Captain
# 234
07-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Hive Onslaught Elite - They made the best STF in the game totally unplayable unless you have an entire bank full of components and don't mind getting spawn camped by the Unimatix's lance.
Just pop all your tac buffs and hit FBP3. Then let them lance you. GG.
Lieutenant
# 235
07-13-2013, 09:44 AM
1. Lance weapon instakilled me in a stealthed ship within 5km of the queen.
2. After respawn I got instakilled near the respawn point - again, I was in stealth.

At _normal_ difficulty.

This is utter BS.

I give a try every week once or twice - but no luck. And every week the waiting time is increasing because every week fewer people queue up for this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 236
07-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post

As this is an "Official" thread I see no issue in keeping this and any future feedback on this STF going.

Hopefully a fix will be rolled out soon because as it stands only masochists need apply. Trying to find a team for this in the EliteSTF channel is almost impossible and people don't waste their time on a no win scenario STF.
I totally agree, the difficulty of Hive elite post-LoR is on par with CC elite right after LoR reintroduction. If you die in stage 2, its basically over because 95% of the time you will get popped at 17km on your way back in. By the way, the lances are WAY more accurate now: they used to fire and miss about 3/4 of the time, now they hit at a 90% accuracy rate and I've had my Scimitar popped while CLOAKED!

I used to play this STF all the time with my fleeties, but now its all but impossible.
Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire

Last edited by ajma420; 07-13-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Captain
# 237
07-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Elite is doable with a premade.

Wouldn't pug it though, well I wouldn't pug anything if I can keep from it except colony invasion, not sure you can even fail at colony invasion.
Survivor of Romulus
# 238
07-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Think with recent patch they secretly fixed Hive Elite ship combat. I was able to do it yesterday with my fleet, we were unsure if they fixed it but wanted to run it either way.

Someone confirm?
Ensign
# 239 Please explain
07-14-2013, 07:34 PM
I have run Hive Elite many times in my Atrox and completed without bonus objectives. What else can you ask from pugging this? I beefed up my KDF tac officer and raptor and said hey I haven't done hive here yet, why not? Not a good idea anytime I have tried. So I understand the unimatrix ships have powerful lances and all but can someone explain why it never hits my big a@@ Atrox but never ever ever ... ever misses my Mirror Qin??? Extremely annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 240
07-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajma420 View Post
I totally agree, the difficulty of Hive elite post-LoR is on par with CC elite right after LoR reintroduction. If you die in stage 2, its basically over because 95% of the time you will get popped at 17km on your way back in. By the way, the lances are WAY more accurate now: they used to fire and miss about 3/4 of the time, now they hit at a 90% accuracy rate and I've had my Scimitar popped while CLOAKED!

I used to play this STF all the time with my fleeties, but now its all but impossible.
I retract this statement.

Had a very competent group on HSE today and we beat it with 2/3 optionals. The trick is not dieing... no, seriously, if you can manage to take out the first unimatrix, the second is much easier - I know how stupid and simple it sounds, but if your team is wiped out before defeating the first, your chances of success are severely diminished. the lances are still ridiculous though.
Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire