Captain
# 71
11-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Well, I hate it.

How is flying around in CONSTANT plasma fire 'fun'? I mean, the Borg have always spammed plasma worse than your average email scammer, but.....

How is being one-shottined CONSTANTLY fun?

How is sitting in respawn obivion for LITERALLY mintues at a time 'fun'

Seriously - it was like being punched in the face countless times by six large blokes then three HUGE ones. And being expected to enjoy it.

I bailed on the instance I played and NOT playing it again under any circumstances.
I am in full agreement. This is worse than PvP. You don't need min-maxing, you need min-maxing AND F***ING CHEATS!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Ensign
# 72
11-03-2012, 08:23 AM
This mission has potential but has many flaws in it.

I like that there are a shed load of tactical cubes and spheres as there are in the hive and protecting the queen, but.... there is a fine line between realistic and fun.

We found that not only did the spheres respawn but so did the cubes that made is almost impossible to do at first but that was challenging. The main problem is the two big ships are the end. The time between us destroying the probes and them coming back is too short. Needs to be a good 5 min gap for us to have any chance.
VA Woods
4th Fleet Epsilon
Empire Veteran
# 73
11-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Hint for Cryptic: One shot abilities are cheap and not a sign of good game design.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Lieutenant
# 74
11-03-2012, 08:35 AM
I just finished this and we did not receive any omega marks

About the mission itself, i tried the normal version and it feels like an elite+
It's gonna be a pain in a pug group

i really like the mission just a little to hard and i so hate those plasma energy weapons that one shot you one of the reasons i avoid red alerts.
Empire Veteran
# 75
11-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
How is being one-shottined CONSTANTLY fun?
You're not, if you read the message. Don't get too close. 5km or more and the queen is an easy kill.
Career Officer
# 76
11-03-2012, 10:00 AM
The difficulty on Normal is fine. It marks the end of the STF Story and should be a little bit harder - which it is.

Nevertheless, this STF seems way too bugged right now.

1) On Elite it took a full equipped team 1h to complete it.
The perma autoheal on the V'gers in combination with their immense hull is way too OP and strech the instance way too long without adding a fun factor to it.

2) The insta kill torpedoes are still not fixed. I am asking not much, but this issue is known for almost a year now and still nothing has been done to solve this issue.

3) On Elite the Queen is way too overpowered. Too much Hull, too much no cooldown skills and it is impossible to counter some of her abilities - especially debuffing her.
You guys always say that there should always be a counter to each skill. How am I going to debuff her with just one single 3min. cooldown Skill? (SNB) ?

Seriously, it is long overdue to give us real effective debuffing skills to at least feel like being usefull - especially as Science captains.

4) I encountered it now several times. The Queen has the habit to reset her in the middle of the fight, leaving you to start from scratch.

5) The no rewards bug is confirmable. I got no rewards in two of my runs.

First optional:
On Elite it is almost impossible to kill all the Tac Cubes with Spheres in 10min. Expand it to 12 and it should be OK.
Rihannsu
# 77
11-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Normal Hive onslaught Space STF

No Optionals Completed.

No Rewards Claimed.

Not doing that again.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Starfleet Veteran
# 78
11-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Yeah Ihave ran the Hive Onslought a few time and I have not recieved anything short of a few batteries. Where are the omega marks??
Captain
# 79
11-03-2012, 10:29 AM
No marks as a reward on normal.

THe Elite could do with a bit of taming on the regeneration probes healing I feel. I approve of it being hard, but it was perhaps a little over the top when you were getting wiped, coming back to find 30--> 100% healed in the time you're respawning...if that makes sense?
Captain
# 80
11-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Tried on Elite and I quit, screw it ... FIVE Boss enemies (Tactical Cubes lv 51) along with Spheres and then TWO Lv. 52 B'Gers that have the Lances, full Probe and Regen Spheres and the the Ball of of Death.

NOT doing this EVER AGAIN!