Captain
# 21
11-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish1701 View Post
I think Bajor is the most pretty map in the game, and I do visit it every once in a while.

The day/night cycle is simply stunning, and they got the atmosphere of the place just right with the ambient sounds and hustle and bustle. It's really my favourite map.

They could create some other reasons to go there though, other than the 2800 feature episode (which will always cause a steady flow of traffic in a social zone). A tailor would be a good idea, and a daily or two. The temple is very peaceful, as is the waterfall and the fish. I can quite happily sit and watch the sun rising between the buildings.

I think in some of these zones a doorway should launch an interior map that is somewhat customisable so you can make your home there if you wish.

"I'm from Bajor, I only work in outerspace."
I wish they'd do the same thing for ships.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
11-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish1701 View Post
I think Bajor is the most pretty map in the game, and I do visit it every once in a while.

The day/night cycle is simply stunning, and they got the atmosphere of the place just right with the ambient sounds and hustle and bustle. It's really my favourite map.

They could create some other reasons to go there though, other than the 2800 feature episode (which will always cause a steady flow of traffic in a social zone). A tailor would be a good idea, and a daily or two. The temple is very peaceful, as is the waterfall and the fish. I can quite happily sit and watch the sun rising between the buildings.

I think in some of these zones a doorway should launch an interior map that is somewhat customisable so you can make your home there if you wish.

"I'm from Bajor, I only work in outerspace."
I like your player home idea in a social zone area. But that is likely a Season 10 idea, since we already have Starbases and Starships we can use for that purpose.
Rihannsu
# 23
11-03-2012, 03:19 PM
I normally do "Of Bajor" to get Jem Mk XI armor for my Boffs. I wish there was a Holodeck Daily there.
Rihannsu
# 24
11-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Its a great map, and i do go there instead of ds9 from time to time.

some of these social maps could do with having some dailies added.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 25
11-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Bajor has a shipyard? That wasn't there when it zone was launched, which unfortunately, was the last time I had a full on exploration of the zone. I may need to throw on my vedek robes and go for a wonder now.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 26
11-03-2012, 03:51 PM
It is not really a shipyard, but it does have someone to let you choose which ship you wish to command.

As for me, I love Bajor, the peacefulness of place, the calming drone of the waterfall, the flutes in the background, it is just a beautiful place to go. I am a Fleet Admiral, so I like having a tranquil place to sit and think whilst I manage the Fleet. Plus it gives a much needed respite after fighting the Borg all day.

In short, I try to visit Bajor on a daily basis.
Captain
# 27
11-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Just found the ship people. Select your ship, and buy new ships. I don't really have a reason to go to ds9 anymore, except for turning in contraband. I'll definately be visiting Bajor more often now.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
11-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I still go there. I enjoy the ambiance.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Lieutenant
# 29
11-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
its less laggy there then ds9, and besides the security
oh, but the RP there is grossly thick, unfortunately.
What do you have against RPers? We don't hurt anyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatex View Post
RP? As in player Role Playing? I thought the most dense example of role playing from players in chat was on Drazonna station. Turn off local when on that station.
I go to Drozana often (for RP nontheless) and 90% of that Local is NOT RP, let me assure you.

To answer the OP, I got there occasionally, for RP.
Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
Captain Marida Harper, Co-Director 5th Armored Division; CO USS Infinity
Captain Gurrat Reen, member MACO 7th Fleet, CO USS Milwaukee
Commander Korn, General, House MeQ'pu'yay 7th KAG

Last edited by siskofan1991; 11-03-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Rihannsu
# 30
11-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatex View Post
RP? As in player Role Playing? I thought the most dense example of role playing from players in chat was on Drazonna station. Turn off local when on that station.
I've seen some RPs on Bajor, and there tends to be less trolls running around in EVA suits spraying fire extinguishers like on Drozana; which makes Bajor kinda the hidden RP area in STO.

I occasionally go there when I don't want longer load times I sometimes get at DS9, but I will say Bajor needs a couple of dailies and unique DOFF assignments; its too nice to waste.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.