Rihannsu
While reading Season 7, All I see is more ability to not really play STO. You log in, you turn on a couple automated "missions" either via Doffs, the Reputation system, or through the Fleet and Diplomacy system.

Sure there are new "STFs" coming. But what are those really but grind zones to get the points you need for those automated systems being introduced. It's almost like your encourging the players to not play the game, but grind out what they need for their Automated "Daily/weekly" projects and then go play something else.

Shouldn't you be trying to promote more reasons to want to play STO? Why not tie actual gear drops to the STFs? Stuff you can't get via the Reputation system, Fleet system, Doff system, or Diplomacy Fleet System? Make some one actually WANT To do the STFs beyond just Dilitium/Omega/Romulan/Fleet Marks.

And then there's PVP.. the three dirty letters/words around in STO it seems. Why not add to the Daily PVP Mission involving Ker'rat/Otha etc Omega Marks? Is PVP really that bad that you, the producers, don't want players actually going to these zones when the mission is up and get Marks for the daily? Maybe even tweek the zone (and actually bug fix it) so that you can do the "Fleet Mission" style part of the mission, and if you complete it on top of the Item, you have a Rare chance to recieve Omega marks, or instead of the item?

I want to be given a reason to play in Star Trek Online. Not reasons to Farm for an hour, maybe two, and then go play something else that is starting to quite frankly be more fun then the curent and immeadite future of STO (Refering to Season 7).

These statements are my personal opinions and suggestions or perhaps even rants about the current state of development in Star Trek Online based on current and Future additions. And while the Tribble Environment is more of a Beta then Live (and that's a streatch), I'd rather see more active and engaging game play with Puzzles, and Reasons to form a team to do a mission, then to just join a random que and ho hum through a mission that any group of tactical officers can acomplish by just bull rushing ahead.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 2
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
While reading Season 7, All I see is more ability to not really play STO. You log in, you turn on a couple automated "missions" either via Doffs, the Reputation system, or through the Fleet and Diplomacy system.

Sure there are new "STFs" coming. But what are those really but grind zones to get the points you need for those automated systems being introduced. It's almost like your encourging the players to not play the game, but grind out what they need for their Automated "Daily/weekly" projects and then go play something else.

Shouldn't you be trying to promote more reasons to want to play STO? Why not tie actual gear drops to the STFs? Stuff you can't get via the Reputation system, Fleet system, Doff system, or Diplomacy Fleet System? Make some one actually WANT To do the STFs beyond just Dilitium/Omega/Romulan/Fleet Marks.

And then there's PVP.. the three dirty letters/words around in STO it seems. Why not add to the Daily PVP Mission involving Ker'rat/Otha etc Omega Marks? Is PVP really that bad that you, the producers, don't want players actually going to these zones when the mission is up and get Marks for the daily? Maybe even tweek the zone (and actually bug fix it) so that you can do the "Fleet Mission" style part of the mission, and if you complete it on top of the Item, you have a Rare chance to recieve Omega marks, or instead of the item?

I want to be given a reason to play in Star Trek Online. Not reasons to Farm for an hour, maybe two, and then go play something else that is starting to quite frankly be more fun then the curent and immeadite future of STO (Refering to Season 7).

These statements are my personal opinions and suggestions or perhaps even rants about the current state of development in Star Trek Online based on current and Future additions. And while the Tribble Environment is more of a Beta then Live (and that's a streatch), I'd rather see more active and engaging game play with Puzzles, and Reasons to form a team to do a mission, then to just join a random que and ho hum through a mission that any group of tactical officers can acomplish by just bull rushing ahead.
I am in total agreement. It does seem more of a grind game like Farmville than an MMO anymore.

Cryptic dev's, please get working on a way to make PvP more interesting and less of the 9-5 online grind bit.
Republic Veteran
# 3
11-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
I am in total agreement. It does seem more of a grind game like Farmville than an MMO anymore.

Gee didn't our fearless leader leave Cryptic and work for the creators of Farmville for awhile?

Gosh.. what a coincidence.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Commander
# 4
11-02-2012, 05:37 PM
i agree, this game needs some serious faction vs faction pvp territory wars,

i recently started to look for another game to play, just about sick of the grinding.

i am really surprised how all the people in this game doesnt get bored
with doing the same stuff over and over again.

i would do the pvp but it doesnt feel like a pvp fight,
Captain
# 5
11-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Agreed. Botters ruin everything.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 6
11-02-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm horribly bored of the game... in fact I play now to help other people out while I'm not roleplaying.

Basically Cryptic I have the same request everyone else so far does: Can we have something to DO (as oppose to grind) please?
Rihannsu
# 7
11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Oh and while a cute Idea, they are adding Pokemon, with out the combat/pvpability (meaning Pet vs Pet not actual usage in PVP) via some new romulan pet. And of course you upgrade it and even "evolve" it via Doff missions....
Think about this:
Captain
# 8
11-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Don't give them yet more ways to milk our bank accounts dry...
Rihannsu
# 9
11-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Don't give them yet more ways to milk our bank accounts dry...
I don't have to.. Straight fro mthe tribble server patch notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.4
[*]Epohh Raising
  • Players who have access to New Romulus can speak to Toreth in the Epohh Fields to start raising epohhs!
  • Toreth hands out a daily mission where players must tag as many epohhs as they can in one minute and thirty seconds.
    • The more epohhs that are tagged, the more Romulan Marks and Epohh Tags players will receive.
    • Players can team up to get a higher score on the mission.
  • Players can use four epohh tags to run a Duty Officer mission granted by Toreth.
    • Success on the mission grants one epohh research; critical success grants three.
  • Players can exchange five epohh research to receive a non-combat epohh pup pet of their choosing from Toreth.
  • Players can then speak to the appropriate researcher new Toreth to run a Duty Officer mission to raise their epohh pets.
    • Success in the Duty Officer mission will move the epohh pet to their next age. Critical success will evolve the epohh into a unique color!
    • Every epohh is a summonable non-combat pet.
  • You can either keep your epohh or give your raised epohhs to Toreth in exchange for Romulan Marks. She will find them a good home that doesn't move around exploring the dangerous regions of space!
  • Please keep in mind that these numbers are subject to change.
Think about this:
Lieutenant
# 10
11-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Feeling the same, game has gotten so boring lately I'm looking elsewhere to play for fun; and now: More Grind! frakk that!