Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Seriously, at this point of time in the game I feel it almost as mocking the KDF, not intentionally I'm sure (at least I hope so), but it just comes off to me as "here's a little food for your dog bowl".

It's almost like an abusive boyfriend that keeps getting his girlfriend to come back by telling her that he's change, only to be nice for a couple of days and then go right back to the neglect and abuse.

I just feel the KDF has been slapped in the face one too many times (certain times a lot more obvious than others).

Also, if the KDF are to be joined with the Feds(Which I am really against) I think cross faction ships should be the ultimate grind-for ships, meaning it should take a Fed about a year to get a KDF ship - I'm not joking either, they should have to do so much work that it almost discourages them to do it.
Career Officer
# 2
11-02-2012, 01:27 AM
I gave up myself on new content on FED or KDF.

Also gave up spending real money or Dilithuim on Zen, promises, bug fix's that never happen.

Meh.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Dragons go RAWR!

Last edited by bluegeek; 11-02-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Captain
# 3
11-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Supposedly, KDF will be getting an Overhaul in S8 with Lv 1 Stories, a Tutorial, etc. But I will believe it when I see it.
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Slapping in the face builds character Any real Klingon doesn't let it get under his/her skin

But seriously, this is a much less serious case than the abusive boyfriend example. Cryptic overpromises anyway, whether they deliver something or fall short... which is exactly why waiting and seeing is best.

If you're expecting something, there's no disappointment if it falls short, and no harm done. If something comes though and you didn't expect it, it's a pleasant surprise.

My two cents (though I find 'slap in the face' to be VERY overused and annoying on that account, personally)
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.

Last edited by trek21; 11-02-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-02-2012, 06:02 AM
I wait and see if S8 holds what has been promised.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 6
11-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I wait and see if S8 holds what has been promised.
... and people wonder where this 'broken promises' cycle starts. Right here, not with Cryptic Devs.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 7
11-02-2012, 06:32 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 11-02-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Commander
# 8
11-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff484 View Post
Seriously, at this point of time in the game I feel it almost as mocking the KDF, not intentionally I'm sure (at least I hope so), but it just comes off to me as "here's a little food for your dog bowl".

It's almost like an abusive boyfriend that keeps getting his girlfriend to come back by telling her that he's change, only to be nice for a couple of days and then go right back to the neglect and abuse.

I just feel the KDF has been slapped in the face one too many times (certain times a lot more obvious than others).

Also, if the KDF are to be joined with the Feds(Which I am really against) I think cross faction ships should be the ultimate grind-for ships, meaning it should take a Fed about a year to get a KDF ship - I'm not joking either, they should have to do so much work that it almost discourages them to do it.

I've now got an image of STO Singing the I can change song from the South Park Film, and I can't get it out of my head.

Damn it.
Captain
# 9
11-02-2012, 09:18 AM
I don't find it "insulting" per say...I just take it with a grain of salt.

Hopefully they'll come through this time.
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
... and people wonder where this 'broken promises' cycle starts. Right here, not with Cryptic Devs.
Wrong. Its starts exactly with the Cryptic Devs.

When the Devs (or in this case Cryptic owner) state that, " If the players want it, we will make it for them" and in the recent case of Dstahl stating, " Season 8 is going to have some focus on the KDF...", those are implied promises that what they state will happen and when it does not happen those statements are broken.

So I wait to see if S8 actually has some focus on the KDF and if it does not happen, I consider the Devs to have broken a promise.

If I say to you, " I will meet you in three days with a cold beer to quech your thirst." and then do not show up, I have broken a promise. Same thing here.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.