Career Officer
# 111
11-07-2012, 02:39 AM
*sigh*
another SCI power in the nerf-gun-crosshairs?
right, because SCI is so OP anyway that nobody wants to play it anymore. *duh*

ok, how about, this time you try to nerf the (?) unintended (?) peak numbers ONLY,
as in diminishing returns if you run 4 consoles or something silly like that?

but DON'T nerf the base damage.

i use TBR like it is intended (to push away NPCs in Fleetmissions mostly) i don't have it buffed up by any skills and i don't even notice any damage that it does (at best it can kill some shuttles/fighters).
Rihannsu
# 112
11-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
reducing tac's ability to buff the raw damage sci, and some eng skills, to much would destroy any useful synergy tac has with them
serisouly want a friggin cookie for that? Where are the great synergies of eng and sci?
Swing the hammer hard, *bohoo* tac in a sci ship got nerfed, too bad. Since it is the only class that can effectively fly a non wells sci ship just do it.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 113
11-07-2012, 02:47 AM
btw.

look what that Borg Tractor Beam does to the Defiant here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4DCOpG1oNE

and it does not bypass the Shields of the 1701-E just a second later.
Captain
# 114
11-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
btw.

look what that Borg Tractor Beam does to the Defiant here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4DCOpG1oNE

and it does not bypass the Shields of the 1701-E just a second later.
Thats the cutting beam.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Empire Veteran
# 115
11-07-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
serisouly want a friggin cookie for that? Where are the great synergies of eng and sci?
Swing the hammer hard, *bohoo* tac in a sci ship got nerfed, too bad. Since it is the only class that can effectively fly a non wells sci ship just do it.
were there is synergy, we should be glad. were there is not synergy, there should be some created. synergy should not be removed, it keeps capt and ship combo more interesting.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 116
11-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Multiple players have now brought this thread to my attention via PMs. Unfortunately, the best I can tell you at this time is that we're investigating it. We know the root cause of the scaling issue, and why it only recently began being noticed (the Kinetic damage component of TBR did not previously benefit from Particle Generators, until a recent patch), but a solution has not yet been decided on.
An employee that does not know their product very well, usually means there's neglect in attaining the necessary knowledge to sell their product effectively much less service maintain it.

You sadly do know know what you are talking about. I have bit my lip in the passed, and let a lot of things you have said regarding Sub Nuke Doffs, Scramble Sensors being bugged, and AMS being bugged go.

This on the other hand has stacked up to an untenable condition imposed on the pvp aspect of this game.

Clarification, particle generators DO effect and have effected the TBR. Since the cat is out of the hat, TRH has been employing Graviton powered TBR in it's matches to distance targets significantly from healers. We now took the vice versa view, and decided it was time to employ TBR for damage.

Nilifer@PaxOttomana is a character that has not purchased a respec. It was intended to be used for this purpose. Same with Yoda's character, both identical builds. Auxilery power effects the graviton aspect of the TBR not the particle generator.

When this last patch hit, a MK XII Particle Generator console increased DPS on TBR3 by 1k per console. Unbuffed my recon science with a 26.6 deflector adding onto particle generators, gives it 6k dps.

6000 dps unbuffed. A DHC with GDF/Alpha/Tacfleet/APO3 competes with this. However, it's a point and shoot weapon. TBR does not need to be aimed on a 45 degree angle. The worst of this is all is when TBR is fully buffed, and the mere fact it ignores shields completely.

I topped out at 18000+ dps with a GDF a little lower than 50%. Also, critical hits as high as 30k.

Of course running at low aux is ideal, so you don't push the target out of your TBR range. Beating the no win is a joke. Getting dilithium off STFs to buy zen very easy (loss of revenue for you guys) since people who bought zen to get dilithium can do it much more effectively with this ridiculous amount of damage.

Employing polarize hull is a joke. Especially with your awful subnuke doffs proc'ing almost instantly and stripping that buff. A normal sub nuke strips it too, and you're dead because your new ship, the Vesta, has such a pathetic amount of hull (under 40k), that it's "P2W awesome 100% resist shield" can't resist this.

Scenario: Dude runs TBR3&2, runs 6 turrets doesn't bother with subsystem targeting, 3 SN Doffs. He will kill you no matter what you do. I guarantee it.

So when you say, "Unfortunately, the best I can tell you at this time is that we're investigating it." It truly means you have no idea what this does. Wake up Bort. Sad Pandas, Critz, TSI are all gone to different games. I sincerely am starting to think you're the undertaker of PvP fleets in this game.

Aside TBR, you guys dropped the ball on SN Doffs, fixing the scramble bug, AMS bug, (many other bugs), and a new grind system that doesn't even adhere to PvP game play.

You're nuts Borticus, if you think people are going to stick around for you and your Dev team's neglect in not only PvP this game but also PvE, since TBR now effects your precious PvE as well.

Play the game, visit TRH teamspeak, collaborate, learn, and be productive. We have already done all the 'investigating' for you.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes

Last edited by paxottoman; 11-07-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 117
11-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
This may be a hint that they may have added an influence for Particle Generators at one place in the code and may not have noticed that such an influence was already in place somewhere else in the code.
Bingo.

As I said before, we'll check today to see whether it was intentional or not, and make the necessary changes.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 118
11-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Bingo.

As I said before, we'll check today to see whether it was intentional or not, and make the necessary changes.
Good and always nice to know something is being done. Meanwhile i have to coup with the rant in chat -.-
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lt. Commander
# 119
11-07-2012, 09:47 AM
It's a quadratic dependency! It is rather obvious that you are accidentally multiplying the skill modifier with a value that has already been multiplied by the skill modifier.

This cannot possibly be intentional, because it makes TBR scale with the opposite of "diminishing returns". It's "increasing returns" now! You have have a strictly monotonically increasing non-negative derivative. This is a bad thing.

For people who did not take calculus: This means that going from 200 skill to 201 gives you more additional damage than going from 100 to 101. Each additional skill point becomes more valuable the higher you get your total skill points.

You won't notice this behaviour much when you have only 0-50 skill points, but once you go over 100 it gets really obvious.
Captain
# 120
11-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Among the ideas being "kicked around," add the possibility of putting Hilbert on retainer as a consultant.