Commander
# 131
11-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
(as skillfully pointed out by Herbert).
It's Hilbert actually.

Good! Now that's taken care of, how about that Scramble Sensors bug, AMS bug, balance to SN Doffs, and some new pvp maps?

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Captain
# 132
11-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Fixed. Hopefully in the build that will go out this week to Tribble, but might not be til the week after.

The phrase "whether it was intentional or not" was not meant to imply that it was working as intended, as obviously it was not (as skillfully pointed out by Herbert). What I meant to say was that this could have been intended as a boost to TBR that was implemented incorrectly.

This was not the case. It was simply a case of a standard skill-based boost being added to a power that already possessed one, due to an oversight. The change will be reverted.
out of all the skills ive seen mentioned on the forums, i cant recall ever seeing that tractor beam repulsors ever needed a boost. so why was a standard skill boost being added to it in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 133
11-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
out of all the skills ive seen mentioned on the forums, i cant recall ever seeing that tractor beam repulsors ever needed a boost. so why was a standard skill boost being added to it in the first place?
It was an admitted mistake and they are going to fix it. What more do you want them to say/do?
Captain
# 134
11-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Fixed. Hopefully in the build that will go out this week to Tribble, but might not be til the week after.

The phrase "whether it was intentional or not" was not meant to imply that it was working as intended, as obviously it was not (as skillfully pointed out by Herbert). What I meant to say was that this could have been intended as a boost to TBR that was implemented incorrectly.

This was not the case. It was simply a case of a standard skill-based boost being added to a power that already possessed one, due to an oversight. The change will be reverted.
Mistakes can happen. Thanks for looking into this. To bad it wasn't caught before it was dropped on the live server.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Lt. Commander
# 135
11-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichicichi View Post
It seems we are drawing to yet another sci nerf. Why not? This class should be removed at all, it anyway is not excelling at anything.

I say let's nerf VM, TBR and FBP. Sci captains should only cast average heals, ST and SS. Anyway a tac captain and even an engineer best a sci in a sci ship while a sci in any other ship class is also bested by any combo. Even better, remove the science altogether.
First off, are you talking about sci ships or sci captains here? You kind of go off on tangents for both. Second, have you ever fielded a serious team with 4 good sci captains on it? People begin to hate you very quickly saying its cheap to bring 4 sci captains on a team....
Empire Veteran
# 136
11-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Yeah scis need more nerfs, their ships and chars are so OP in space atm.
sci ships do not need a nerf, the problem is TBR combined with attack patterns.
I think if attack patterns will only affect weapon's damage a lot of problems will be solved.
Captain
# 137
11-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Mistakes can happen. Thanks for looking into this. To bad it wasn't caught before it was dropped on the live server.
Wasn't caught because it wasn't in patch notes. Poor job on Cryptic's part tbh. If such changes happen undocumented, what else can happen ?
Captain
# 138
11-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
It was an admitted mistake and they are going to fix it. What more do you want them to say/do?
oh well... it was only admited because it was caught. and i saw a thread a while back that also showed how the cloaking bug was "admited" then changed to "working as intended".

now im not saying this will become that, but why on earth was this even looked at in the first place as "needing" a buff for there to accidently recieve one? i mean someone somewhere had to say "i think that needs a tuneup". someoen then had to have inserted whatever it was that caused it to boost it. and apparently it wasnt documented enough/properly or else their QA would have caught this as well before it went live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Wasn't caught because it wasn't in patch notes. Poor job on Cryptic's part tbh. If such changes happen undocumented, what else can happen ?
this is what i was wondering as well. i've seen some other things get posted about, that went live with no mention in any patch notes as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 139
11-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Have to think it really came to attention mainly because of all the folks hitting 8-9 in NWS more than anything... it was kind of funny seeing so much spam for that, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 140
11-08-2012, 04:20 AM
Actually, the new uber-TBR is the first efficient way of fighting Carrier spawn I've seen yet!

In Ker' I managed to fend off two KDF recluse carriers with siphon drones, using nothing but my tac buffs and TBR3+1 +Atobatt1.

I didn't manage to kill them, but at least I managed to keep myself alive and the siphons dead. Should work with Danubes too, as I've had TBR3 crit as high as 28k... lol