Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 71
11-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
I tried what someone else suggested here and it worked.

Kill all the enemies first, then go back and rescue hostages, then go back and work all the consoles.
That was me that suggested that. I tried again today killing all enemies first but it didn't update and I couldn't complete it. After 2 attempts and trying it this way the day before it worked but not this time.
Ensign
# 72 Mountain pa- bug mission
11-27-2012, 08:33 AM
I have try this mission several times but can't finnish...so i diceded to delete the mission on the report menu..so now how can i retry this mission?
Rihannsu
# 73
11-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Workaround: Don't kill any Tal Shiar agents until you move into the first area and get the objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations" which has the sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents."

I've just run it twice more successfully and the above method works.
  • Don't kill the first wave until after you trigger the mission objective: Success
  • Kill any of the first wave before reaching the point where the objective pops up: Cannot complete the Subdue Tal Shiar Agents.
Ensign
# 74
11-27-2012, 09:07 AM
While perhaps that might work, it's also insane. Its not properly working and some weird workaround, basically going back and forth and being ridiculously picky about what you kill and when is extremely lame. Better that CRyptic get off their asses and fixes the quest.
Ensign
[Mission] "New Romulus: Mountain Base" complete!

There are a lot of complaints on this mission "Mountain Base" which is Romulan Tier II ground mission being bugged and players not able to finish objective: Subdue Agents. I will post solution here and you can later move this to guide, hints and tips. I read on STO forum that FEDs have problems doing this mission and Klingons can finish it without problem. I tried 3 times to finish this mission but i failed and when i used pulsewave rifle i finished it from first try Are Klingons using pulsewave in ground set?

U need to use Pulsewave Assault rifle to finish this mission.

My BOFFs all had maco and omega weapons and i used pulsewave.

Write here if u made it from first try using pulsewave rifle.
Rihannsu
# 76
11-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonsolar View Post
While perhaps that might work, it's also insane. Its not properly working and some weird workaround, basically going back and forth and being ridiculously picky about what you kill and when is extremely lame. Better that CRyptic get off their asses and fixes the quest.
It's not "going back and forth and being ridiculously picky". You walk past the first wave into the open area behind them and the mission triggers. Then open fire.

It's a workaround due to a bug, not a 'fix'.
Career Officer
# 77
11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
I had the hardest time starting it. Ran all over the place looking for the start. When a fleet member asked to join me only then did it show up. If I remember right it just ended for me, no cut scene or anything. Nothing to turn in either.
Career Officer
# 78
11-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Just adding my voice to the cacophony...

Unable to finish mission.

Will try again later with player-suggested-fix.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Ensign
# 79
11-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekeroftech View Post
Submitted this as ticket ID #1,430,658.

The Mission sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" cannot be completed if the first wave of Romulan agents are defeated in the canyon before the player has moved far enough forward to complete the objective "Investigate Mountain Pass", and trigger the parent objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations".

Workaround: Don't kill any Tal Shiar agents until you move into the first area and get the objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations" which has the sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents."

Let me know if this works for anyone else, as it has worked for me 4 times now. It looks like the first wave doesn't get counted if you defeat them before the objective pops up.
CONFIRMED.

Dropped mission, re-acquired, followed suggestion and hey presto.
Captain
# 80
11-27-2012, 04:26 PM
I've looked over the above work arounds and this mission still sucks! We shouldn't have to use work arounds in order for the mission to complete!

It was hard enough to find where to start the mission in the first place without having to use a "Work Around" just to finish it!

Fix this mission ASAP please, because it's very frustrating not being able to complete the mission first time around as it should be intended to work!