Captain
# 1 Compliments
11-03-2012, 12:06 PM
So, on Tribble this morning, testing out some of the new "stuff and wanted to take this time to give a few compliments to the Devs...

1. Movement trails - You guys adjusted this, didn't ya? I hope it's not a bug, but at manuevering thrusters, I had little to no "trail" while at full impulse, I had trails only from the impulse engines, with no "blue trails" from the warp nacelles.

If you did in fact adjust this...well done! LOVE IT!

2. Tau Dewa Systems - These are absolutely beautiful! Done in the same "style" as the DS9 system, with very good looking planets, minimal space "junk" and with the Azura Nebula located off in the distance from every system I went into. This was pretty awesome!

3. New Patrol Missions - During my test of the Space Daily, I visted a number of systems, and found a diplomacy scenario, a construction scenario, and a few scenarios where I fended off waves of attackers. These were pretty nice! Especially the diplomacy and construction scenarios, but also the combat too, as I actually felt some challenge in taking the waves down back to back, without a rest. One suggestion though...if there were a way to put a RANDOM timer on when the waves arrived, that would give the illusion of more realism. It might give you a moment to repair, or, they spring up right away. Who knows. But, it might be something to look into.

4. New Romulus (Space) - The space map for New Romulus is FANTASTIC! Oh so beautiful!

5. Vesta Class - Well done! The models I have seen from people flying the Aventine, Rademaker and Vesta, are all superb! And the size is excellent! I look forward to flying one myself.

I'm about to head down to the New Romulus surface, so I may have more later. But, for the meantime, needed to give some props, where props were due!

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Career Officer
# 2
11-03-2012, 12:28 PM
New Romulus is my favorite.

It's a lot more like other MMOs you may have played. (GW, WoW, and CoH all come to mind.) But it's pretty well done in that regard aside from little sense made of the Klingons being there.

And keep in mind with NR, completing missions, performing certain hidden tasks, and getting rep opens more missions and areas.

Also, two cutscenes right off the bat in the staging area if you talk around.

The downside is it may feel a bit more like a fantasy MMO than Trek. The upside is that it feels like genuine exploration.

You will be faced with limits on the number of things you can do, how often you can do them, etc. But understand that your first marathon playthrough for three hours is NOT all there is to do there.

I'm especially jazzed that they're hinting at a lost Romulan artifact being there and it sounds like it may be something players can acquire and use in combat.
Captain
# 3
11-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm impressed with the visuals of the starting area. Feels like alot of time went into the place. I did get the cutscenes, and that was unexpected, but most welcome.

Being down here on NR, with the Klingons about...makes me wish we were allies again. While TOS was my favorite series, one thing I liked about the TNG/DS9 eras was the collaborative relationship we had with the Klingons, especially during the Dominion War. This place reminds me alot of that particular period of time. I know alot of players don't agree, but I personally wish they would end the "war" and bring the Federation and Klingons back together, to fight common foes.

I was a bit curious why Admiral Valoth is wearing a TNG Season 1 Admiralty uniform. It really doesn't make sense, with all the other NPCs throughout the game wearing 2409 uniforms.

/shrug

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Career Officer
# 4
11-03-2012, 04:47 PM
they got stuff so right 7 is going to be so much fun
Azure looks so good graphics is great
love the new reputaion system
can't wait for Vesta!

finaly something other than STF!
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmichael07 View Post

I was a bit curious why Admiral Valoth is wearing a TNG Season 1 Admiralty uniform. It really doesn't make sense, with all the other NPCs throughout the game wearing 2409 uniforms.

/shrug
Advertising the C-Store version.

A bit shameless for a Vulcan admiral, really.
Or maybe he is just so long an Admiral that he grew attached to that particular uniform.

Regarding the cutscenes, i think those are amonf the best Cryptic has made so far, but some should be triggered automaically perhaps when the player reaches the necessary milestone?

I found it a bit odd that I got to witness my own "official" arrival in a cutscene only after I used a console.

Will this be changed?
Captain
# 6
11-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Advertising the C-Store version.

A bit shameless for a Vulcan admiral, really.
Or maybe he is just so long an Admiral that he grew attached to that particular uniform.

Regarding the cutscenes, i think those are amonf the best Cryptic has made so far, but some should be triggered automaically perhaps when the player reaches the necessary milestone?

I found it a bit odd that I got to witness my own "official" arrival in a cutscene only after I used a console.

Will this be changed?
Mine triggered on beam down, so you might have been bugged. In fact, mine ran, and I beamed in mid-way through the initial conversation, which was super cool. However, seeing the folks jumping around in the background was a bit distracting. Too bad they can't filter out the background so your scene is a bit more...independent.

But, no complaints, it was a cool scene, and well done.

And it's good to see Obisek again.

Captain
# 7
11-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Took a few "beauty" shots this morning of some of the space areas...

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...inaBay_019.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...inaBay_023.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...inaBay_025.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...inaBay_022.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...inaBay_024.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...inaBay_020.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...inaBay_021.jpg

Really looking forward to Season 7. Hopefully, maybe some of the older star systems will get an overhaul, to bring them up to the same level of awesome that is Tau Dewa.

Starfleet Veteran
# 8
11-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmichael07 View Post
Mine triggered on beam down, so you might have been bugged. In fact, mine ran, and I beamed in mid-way through the initial conversation, which was super cool. However, seeing the folks jumping around in the background was a bit distracting. Too bad they can't filter out the background so your scene is a bit more...independent.

But, no complaints, it was a cool scene, and well done.

And it's good to see Obisek again.
strange... I did it twice with different copies of the same character. Could it be that the cutscene is lost to the loading screen somehow?

The other cutscene is the same. I can talk to the Romulan on the platform and i get teh option to play teh cutscene again, even thow it never played for me in teh first scene and I have friends who didn't know about the cutscene until they used the console or contact.
Ensign
# 9
11-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I'd like to give some compliments of my own. I'm loving new Romulus so far, and I can't leave because of how much fun I'm having. I'm always finding new things while exploring, and I love the background ambience of the place. I also noticed the water effects and sounds added to the river. Kudos Cryptic.
Captain
# 10
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrzowr View Post
I'd like to give some compliments of my own. I'm loving new Romulus so far, and I can't leave because of how much fun I'm having. I'm always finding new things while exploring, and I love the background ambience of the place. I also noticed the water effects and sounds added to the river. Kudos Cryptic.
Couldn't agree more. The new ground zone is by far the best Cryptic has ever develped. Sure, the Academy grounds are nice, but there just isn't much to do there, therefore, not much reason to visit.

I imagine we'll all be spending quite a bit of time on New Romulus, and we'll be enjoying it!