Lieutenant
# 1 Fleet Tor'Kaht DOFF help
11-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi all,

I have a fleet Tor'Kaht and am more than happy with my current set up except for my DOFF layout.

This is an Eng toon.

My BOFF layout is as follows.

Tac Lt - TT1 - CRF
Tac Lt Cmdr - TT1 - CRF - TS
Eng Cmdr - EPTS - Aux2Struc - RSP - Eject Warp Plasma
End Ens - EPTS
Sci Lt - HE - TSS

Currently I have a blue Projectile weapons officer, x2 energy weapons officers (Cannons), Warp core engineer and a shield distribution officer.

I am wondering if I can make any improvements to the DOFF layout. The BOFF abilities work well and the cooldowns all fit perfectly. Since having the cannon weapons officers though the CRF seems to be all over the place. I am also not sure how effective the warp core engineer is either and I dont seem to use BIF all that much.

The only BOFF ability I am considering changing is EWP but I cant see anything else decent in the Cmdr Eng slot.

Anyway, any help that can be offered with regards to DOFFs would be great. Thanks.
Career Officer
# 2
11-04-2012, 03:32 AM
What you could do is change your 2nd ETPS to EPTW and then run the doffs that reduce recharge to EPTx powers. Combined with the WCE doff it's pretty sexy.

I've also read of a build that uses the uni lt slots for an engineer and running an aux2batt setup with those doffs for a massive global recharge boost. Sounds fun, but I dunno if it's really a good idea to be running without ANY sci powers.
Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
Captain
# 3
11-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Directed energy modulation instead of EWP, but as i'm not a big fan of it myself i'd say keep EWP. But still some people say DEM3 is a significant dmg boost against shielded targets, and that is true.

also one EPtW instead of a second EPtS + the cooldown reduction doffs will boost your dps further.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 4
11-04-2012, 07:59 AM
First and foremost, gratz on getting a Tor'kaht. That being said, I personally wouldn't have stuck and Engi in there, since it seems like more of a tac BC to me, but that's personal opinion, and I won't hold it against you. Since I just absobloodylutely love the Tor'Kaht.

First of all I would change your Cmdr Engi to the following:

EPtS1, EPtW2, RSP2, Aux2SIF3

After that, I would grab the two nearest purple quality damage control engineers and throw them on. Then I would grab a purple warp core engineer and throw him on your ship, followed closely by the nearest purple quality technician for the global cdr. Lastly, I would then grab a purple proj weapons officer and throw him/her on as well.

Alternately you can run 2 proj weapons officers and only 1 damage control engineer, but the WCE and Technician are a must have in my book.

Lemme know how that works out for you.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks all for the replies. I have a few questions though.

Does the EPTS and EPTW share the same cooldown? If so I would think having 2 EPTS and a EPTW would ruin the chaining of EPTS I currently run and find useful. I am open to trying new things though.

Also, how do I get Aux2SIF3?

Another one, I thought technicians only worked when using aux2batt?

Reference using an Eng in this toon, I have tac characters however my (ACT) combat tracker shows this does nearly as much DPS as my Fed and KDF tac officers however is much stronger to. I understand your views but think the Tor'Kaht works well for both Tac and Eng, not got a science toon yet so not sure about them

I really appreciate the advice guys and love this ship very much. I prefer it above the Vet ships for sure.
Captain
# 6
11-04-2012, 11:53 AM
For Aux2SIF3 you have to get a BOff that has it when you pick them up. RSP3 is also handy instead (2 min cooldown and lasts longer than lower RSPs), but it's also untrainable, AFAIK. Check the waiting BOffs on your chars, I found out that I had one with Aux2SIF3 that I didn't know about. Running with RSP3 currently, but it looks like the new Into the Hive Space STF might be more suited to A2S3.
Career Officer
# 7
11-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3822 View Post
Thanks all for the replies. I have a few questions though.

Does the EPTS and EPTW share the same cooldown? If so I would think having 2 EPTS and a EPTW would ruin the chaining of EPTS I currently run and find useful. I am open to trying new things though.
They share a global cooldown, kicking each other into a 15s timer. With the purple doffs, this means you can chain a single copy each of EPTS(I use epts 3 whenever possible) and EPTW and keep both running full time.

You can, of course also run 2 copies of epts and 2 of eptw without the doffs and do the same thing. It just takes up more boff slots. You would hit epts1 -> eptw1 -> 2nd copy of epts 1 -> 2nd copy of eptw 1.

Going either route makes them chainable will full up time on both power levels
Lieutenant
# 8
11-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Thanks, I dont think I really get the global cooldown thing and the doffs. Without the Damage control Doffs when I click EPTS it starts a global cooldown of 15 secs on EPTW I assume, do the Doffs lower this global cooldown? I am assuming so otherwise I would only be using EPTS every 30 secs. I may be getting confused here so please be gentle
Career Officer
# 9
11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil3822 View Post
Thanks, I dont think I really get the global cooldown thing and the doffs. Without the Damage control Doffs when I click EPTS it starts a global cooldown of 15 secs on EPTW I assume, do the Doffs lower this global cooldown? I am assuming so otherwise I would only be using EPTS every 30 secs. I may be getting confused here so please be gentle
When you use EPTS, it lasts 30 seconds and has a 45s cooldown. It also sets your EPTW to a 15 second timer. EPTW also enforces a 15s timer on your EPTS skill, but since it's still on it's own cooldown, it doesn't matter. So without doffs, you'd have to wait 15 seconds to be able to fire EPTS again . So your chain would look like this:

EPTS fires -> wait 15s -> EPTW fires -> then you have to wait 15 seconds to fire EPTS again because it's not off cooldown again.

What the doffs do, is cut down the actual skill timers(not the global one) so your chain would look like this:

EPTS -> wait 15s -> EPTW -> wait 15s -> EPTS fires again -> wait 15s -> EPTW fires again... rinse and repeat.

So this way you get a full cycle on your skills without having to spend 4 boff slots on it.

I hope that's clear enough. I'm tired and I'm not sure I'm explaining it as well as I could be